New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any May approvals?

Hi Guys,

I see from the tracker that the following two users from April still have their LC pending:

MilindP
indgc123

Any news from you guys?

Any news from may 2002 filers? I talked to my lawyer and their is no news yet from NJ SESA.

I am not sure if NJ SESA will process may 2002 cases or send them to Backlog Elimination Centers.

PD: May 7 2002, RIR

Hi Sai_ani,

According to my attorney, my case was filed on Mar 28 2002 (not sure whether this is SESA recd date or mailed date)

After putting pressure on my attorney, she sent a letter to NJ SESA seeking status update on my case last week. I'm waiting for the SESA response.

I'll update you as soon as I hear from them.

Note: All other LCs filed by my employer prior to my case were directly forwarded to NY DOL without any notification to the employer/attorney. For those cases, my employer received queries(prevailing wage) and subsequently approvals directly from NY DOL. Not sure about my case.

Thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
At Last Labor Approved

Yes. My Labour has been approved as of today Oct 28th 2004.

Applied at NJ -- Jan 28th 2002
Moved to NY -- Jun 17th 2004 after a RFE from NJ.
Approved Oct 28th 2004.

Best of Luck to all you out there -- Hang in there.

Regional is processing July 2nd cases as of Oct 28

Regional is processing July 2nd cases as of Oct 28.
Checked the Automatic Machine. That is a great news.
Any body cases moved to NY around June end or in July first week would have been approved by now ?

If any of your cases approved please post here.

msdn2006 said:
Regional is processing July 2nd cases as of Oct 28.
Checked the Automatic Machine. That is a great news.
Any body cases moved to NY around June end or in July first week would have been approved by now ?

If any of your cases approved please post here.
My Labor moved to Regional on 6/4/04, still waiting for Approval.

Thanks,
~Kishor

NJ DOL Query

My case was submitted on May 6, 2002. Got a query from NJ DOL.

They want following things :

- Justification each skill set for the job
- Justification of experience for the job
- Advertising on office notice board for 10 days
- Raise salary to prevailing wage (94000 :)

Has anybody had this type of problem? I would really appreciate the response.

Hi Njlabor

Mine was also filed on May 6th 2002 in NJ, I checked with my attorney yesterday she told DOL will be working on my case in the next few weeks, I will let you know if I hear anything from them. $94K for me it appears bit high salary, do mind telling what skill sets you mentioned?

Thanks
maa

NJ DOL Query

Oracle, ASP and Data warehousing

The query is long and has lot of points. It says that the required experience shown is unnecessarily restrictive. But at the same time it says that the salary should be that high. So answering this query is going to be a tight-rope walk. Plus somebody (my attorney or my company) goofed up and gave a wrong federal id number for the company.

njlabor_may02 said:
My case was submitted on May 6, 2002. Got a query from NJ DOL.

They want following things :

- Justification each skill set for the job
- Justification of experience for the job
- Advertising on office notice board for 10 days
- Raise salary to prevailing wage (94000 :)

Has anybody had this type of problem? I would really appreciate the response.
NJ labor May 27/02.
Got a Query on 2 things
1)Prevailing wages --94,000
2)Prior Experience
Lawyer has to answer by 11/11/04.
I will keep you posted...

11/11/04 is too soon. When did you get the query?

I am attaching the updated tracker.

maa_1456,
Could you update the tracker with your skill sets?

labourMay02 said:
NJ labor May 27/02.
Got a Query on 2 things
1)Prevailing wages --94,000
2)Prior Experience
Lawyer has to answer by 11/11/04.
I will keep you posted...

I heard from some source that everybody is likely to get the query from DOL due to the possible outdated submitted info. If you got the query that was a good news because at least your case has been processing. I am afraid that might be true and it might even increase more backlogs.

I always thought that the query will be based on the following guidelines
- If the applications where the minimum stated experience and education required is at least a bachelor's degree and three additional years of experience or a master's degree and six additional months of experience. If the education and experience requirements for such applications meet these criteria and proper recruitment was performed prior to filing, the Memo directs them to be certified without retesting. In other words, the Certifying Officers are not to look at current labor market conditions when certifying these cases. These cases will only be reviewed for the adequacy of the recruitment performed prior to filing the RIR case.

- The second category is for labor certifications in which the minimum requirements for the position are below a bachelor's degree and three additional years of experience or a master's degree and six additional months of experience. The Certifying Officer must review the application to determine whether the recruitment report has sufficient detail and demonstrates that recruitment was adequate. If sufficient, the labor certification will be certified. Because cases that fall into the second category are subject to the retesting provisions, it would appear that the Certifying Officer is permitted to look into current market conditions in making the determination as to whether retesting is required or whether to simply certify the case.

labourMay02 and njlabor_may02 did your case fall into the first or second category?

My labor was filed to NJ on May 20 2002. I still didn't hear anything from my lawyer.

State cleared

I got an update from my attorney yesterday. My case got approved by NJ SESA and forwarded to NY DOL on Aug 13 04. My filing date was Mar 28 02.

I checked AVM few days ago and found that my case along with two other cases applied by my employer were received by NY DOL on Oct 14 04.
It took 2 months for my case to reach NY DOL from NJSESA.

Thanks
ind

Query details

My case falls under bachelor plus 4 years experience.. The biggest mistake was that the attorney reported a wrong federal id number in the case. Plus the attorney has taken all the skill sets in my resume and put them as requirements in the job posting. I did not know enough about the process at the time. The officer has remarked that the posting seems to be tailored to the alien. Even now my attorney has asked the write-up on the query from my company. I am totally unhappy with her.

Can I change attorneys midway in the process. I have a feeling that the attorney somehow is not capable of handling this case.

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
IS NY DOL is updated for these cases.. let us know...

February 28, 2002 mbj July 13, 2004
March 1, 2002 SVD July 14, 2004

March 5, 2002 DavidChen Aug 06,2004
March 8, 2002 Sh_Ad June 17, 2004
March 13, 2002 Komatsola June 21, 2004

March 15, 2002 msdn2006 June 17, 2004
March 26, 2002 Jss1 July 16, 2004
March 28, 2002 unknown Aug 02,2004
April 1,2002 2002labor 1st week of June 2004

April 1,2002 teky July 16, 2004

komatsola, No word yet.. I remain hopeful. Tried to call the AVM always busy....wassup with that...any body have any alternative ideas on how to get status of NY DOL cases??

Thanks

case got certified

Case filed NJ State: 02/25/2002
Approved and transfered to NY DOL: around 05/10/2004
Case received by NY DOL: 05/17/2004
NOF issued by NY DOL on prevailing wage: 10/01/2004
NY DOL got employer's reply: 10/22/2004
certified: 11/04/2004

Good luck to all of you! See you in next step!

SlowLC

Any updates on NJ May 2002 Labors? Mine was files on May 6th 2002 didn’t hear anything from attorney, I almost sent 3 e-mails to him.

Thanks
MAA

Status
Not open for further replies.