New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gottaget said:
Can I take pre=approved labor from Cybersoftec?. Is it a OK company?.
Please suggest. I have to pay more for that.

Thanks,
gottaget

check in path2usa.com - experience section and discussion forums to know more and then decide.

never pay even a penny for any employer for preapproved labor or h1. complain about any of those company to fbi, homeland security, uscis and dol.

Called 212-337-2193. After giving employer Phone#. It says One of 3 cases in my compay has reached region/Federal level. How can I find out which one it is? I don't have case#. somehow, one of my coworker got his case#.
any idea? Thanks.

New Bill to be signed - adds 20,000 H1B Visas

F Y I

Up to 20,000 more guest worker visas will be available annually to foreigners who earn advanced degrees in the United States, under a bill passed by Congress this weekend.
In a catch-all spending bill, Congress agreed to a number of changes to the controversial H-1B and L-1 visa programs. President Bush on Saturday said he plans to sign the legislation.
Among the visa program changes in the bill are a requirement that companies attest that an H-1B worker will not displace a U.S. worker and a $500 "antifraud" fee tied to visa applications. In addtion, up to 20,000 foreigners who earn a master's degree or higher from a U.S. institution will not be counted toward the annual cap of 65,000 new H-1B visas.
Businesses have pushed for such a change. The government announced on Oct. 1, the first day of the 2005 federal fiscal year, that that year's limit had already been reached.

If Interested, here is the complete news article:
http://news.com.com/Bill+adds+20,00...3.html?part=rss&tag=5462983&subj=news.1022.20

Just thought of sharing the info, although in-appropriate to this forum of LC discussion.

saigc said:
check in path2usa.com - experience section and discussion forums to know more and then decide.

never pay even a penny for any employer for preapproved labor or h1. complain about any of those company to fbi, homeland security, uscis and dol.

saigc:

why are u so worked-up if somebody is trying for a pre-aaprved labor. It is perfectly legal ... let them do it - you dont have to object just because they are going ahead of YOU in the queue. Its very simple - You have chosen to take the longer route while they take the shorter one.

Looks no one knows the answer. Here is an easy one. Does the Case# remain the same before and after the case reachs region level?

Thanks

skyblue789 said:
Called 212-337-2193. After giving employer Phone#. It says One of 3 cases in my compay has reached region/Federal level. How can I find out which one it is? I don't have case#. somehow, one of my coworker got his case#.
any idea? Thanks.

Case Number

Hi skyblue789,

Did you get a case number when u filed with SESA in New Jersey and when did u file? I am asking this since I did not get any case number.

Thanks

No. I didn't get case#. one of my co-worker called them. A guy was nice enough to give him his Case#. I called too. It was a lady pickup the phone. she told me she can only talk to my employer or lawyer.

we filed on May 2002.

vidswami said:
Hi skyblue789,

Did you get a case number when u filed with SESA in New Jersey and when did u file? I am asking this since I did not get any case number.

Thanks

skyblue789 said:
Looks no one knows the answer. Here is an easy one. Does the Case# remain the same before and after the case reachs region level?

Thanks

skyblue789,

case# is assigned by NY regional DOL. NJ SESA does not give any case number.

So if NY DOL has a case# for your case then it means that the case reached NY DOL and they entered it into their system.

I also filed in may 2002. Called NY DOL ( #212-337-2193 ) yesterday night. I tried my employer phone number and it said "that number is not in the system". So I guess my case is still with NJ SESA.

Hi

My attorney forwarded me JPG file (I guess that has come NY regional) in that it was mentioned “This application was forwarded to us labor office on 11/9/2004 for final determination” and in the right side corner there was 12 digits number. When called # 212-337-2193 and enter that 12-digit number I am getting message saying invalid number. After digging little more they want US/DOL #. Can anybody please tell me who will assign that number and how long it will take to get that?

Thanks
Maa

case number and more

I received an email from my attorney in August said "This is to inform you that the labor cert case was forwarded to Regional office on Aug 2, 2004." Later I asked for the case number, they gave me a 12 digital number starting with 20020410XXXX. I dialed the automatic system, it told me that the number can not be located. And the employer's can not be located either. I then called my attorney again. They told me that the 12 digital number was from the state level and they never had case number from the regional office. From the forum, I know that the case number should begin with 02508XXX or 02509XXX for that period of time. My question is how do you guys get the case number? I also asked my attorney Aug 2 is the date the regional office received the case or the state office mailed out the case, they couldn't give me a clear answer. If the automatic system can not locate the employer's telephone number, does that mean that they have not received the case? What should I do now? Thanks Guru.
By the way, my info was in the xml sheet already.

call this number and give your company name and last name to get the case number

212-337-2184

gotit2004 said:
I received an email from my attorney in August said "This is to inform you that the labor cert case was forwarded to Regional office on Aug 2, 2004." Later I asked for the case number, they gave me a 12 digital number starting with 20020410XXXX. I dialed the automatic system, it told me that the number can not be located. And the employer's can not be located either. I then called my attorney again. They told me that the 12 digital number was from the state level and they never had case number from the regional office. From the forum, I know that the case number should begin with 02508XXX or 02509XXX for that period of time. My question is how do you guys get the case number? I also asked my attorney Aug 2 is the date the regional office received the case or the state office mailed out the case, they couldn't give me a clear answer. If the automatic system can not locate the employer's telephone number, does that mean that they have not received the case? What should I do now? Thanks Guru.
By the way, my info was in the xml sheet already.

Cannot believe this. Our HR told us that the case we got by calling 212-337-2193 is my H1 extension. not Labor Certificate. so my case is still in NJ SESA.

My lawyer Answered the NJ state Prevailing wages query on 11/2/04, so far there is no news on this, how long will it take to forward to Federal?Any one has nay idea?
My Lawyer say's he will receive a post card whenever case forwarded to Federal!!

Prevailing wages query

I am following this thread for a long time and like to thank everyone for posting valuable information as we all go through this painful process of Labor Certification.

My case was filed on May 2002 and I also received Prevailing wages query.My lawyer Answered the query on 11/3/04, so far there is no news from them. Is there any phone number for NJ SESA where we or the lawer can call to find out the status.....

I have the same issue of getting Prevailing wages query and my attorney replied on Oct'5th, so far no news !!!!

Can anyone please tell us how long does it take NJ SESA to process a case and move it to regional, after receiving response for Prevailing wages query..????

Now I am getting nervous because I and my lawyer still hear nothing from NJ SESA. My LC application was filed on May 20, 2002.

Kathi and dsen, I did not see your info in the sheet. What is the date that your LC got filed?

Anyone filing in May 02 and still hear nothing?

In general, how many days that the employer/lawyer has to response to the prevailing wage query? I am afraid if I would got the query and it was lost I would not response to the query by its deadline.

Thanks....

Prevailing wage query

dsen said:
Can anyone please tell us how long does it take NJ SESA to process a case and move it to regional, after receiving response for Prevailing wages query..????
I got pevailing wage query on my case in June. Case was forwarded to NYDOL as soon as they received our reply. Literally the next day. However, it took 6weeks for NYDOL to receive my case (i.e. to enter into the system).

My LC was filed on May 12 2002 in RIR category. Received Prevailing wage query on Oct 20th 2004. Replied query on November 3rd 2004. Can anyone please update my info in the spreadsheet.

LCNov01, how you came to know that NJ SESA sent your application to NY DOL next day? Also did your lawer received any confirmation from NJ SESA after they approved your case..
Thanks in advance for your input

New Jersey Labor Certification Number

Hi

My company had filed labor for me from New Jersey, it is more than 3 months, but I haven't received any case number.

My question is that whether DOL provides any case number for Labor application or not?
If no, then how will i get an extension for 7th year.

Thanks
Ssahai

Status
Not open for further replies.