N400 Hartford tracker.

maggiv said:
Hi,
Finally I received my IL today for OCt 5, 2006 at 12.30PM.

Good luck to everyone.
Congrt, Maggiv! Hope everything fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my IL today too

maggiv said:
Hi,
Finally I received my IL today for OCt 5, 2006 at 12.30PM.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello,

I got my IL today too. The interview is for Oct 5, 2006 at 10 am in Hartford.
Here is my timeline so far:

Service Center: VCS
DO: Hartford

N400 Sent - 3/23/2006
Priority Date - 3/27/2006
Fingerprint ND 1- 4/12/2006
FP Appointment (I rescheduled) – 05/04/2006
FP ND 2- 7/12/2006
FP Appointment – 08/05/2006
Online case status disappears-08/24/2006
IL - 08/31/2006
Interview Date – 10/05/2006

Friends,

I got my interview letter today. My interview is on October 16 at 9:30am. My priority date is May 16, 2006.

Sufi

800 number

well, i called the 800 number and followed the advice in this thread, but the person will NOT forward me to an IP officer, no matter what i said. oh well, looks like i just gotta wait. if nothing else, this thing is giving me good lesson on how to be patient!!!!!!

N400 Received - 4/3/2006
online status last update - 4/12/2006
FP Appointment - early May

My Timeline Hartford DO

N400 Sent - 6/12/2006
Priority Date - 6/15/2006
FP Appointment (I rescheduled) – 07/21/2006
FP Appointment 2 ( Done) – 09/15/2006

Online case is still present

Will post once the case disappears
thanks

maggiv said:
JP,
Could you please write your interview experience.

Thanks
I passed the interview and waiting for Oath date in Hartford area. Nothing extraordinary was asked (usual tax statements, any arrest ...etc... and civic questions).

But I heard from others that one officer was really investigating in depth each candidate. This officer was running so late, it was unbelivable. Almost 3 hours late. For a guy to be interviewed at 12:00, she was interviewing at 3:00pm. I heard she is sending further queries for atleast 2 cases. One of this candidate was very upset about the query thing since it can cause lot of delay. This person came out of interview after one and half hours.

So I suggest you take all the docs in the FAQ section and go through your N400 application and hope you do not run into this lady.

Hope this helps.

JP

Case disappeared

I just checked today my case disappeared from the USCIS website.

Now I will wait for the Interview letter

zzerous said:
Yes I hired an excellent lawyer from Hartford; nothing will solve your case but a lawsuit.
I got naturalized today.

Let me know if I can help.

zzerous,
Can you please tell us the name of the lawyer and how much you paid (you could PM).
Thanks

N-400 Hartford

It's a great forum. Some very informative posts by LAmorocco, maggiv, sufian, et al.

Here is my timeline:
RD: 08/09/2006
PD: 08/09/2006
FP ND: 08/16/2006
FP: 09/05/2006
IL: Waiting (online case still not updated)

Anyone out there with similar time-frame and who have a received an interview notice? I hope I won't get stuck in the name check spiral. I got my GC (with name check procedure) relatively fast though. But N-400 is a different beast, so can't be sure.

Regards,
Zamindar

Interview Experience

Hello friends,
I had my interview at the Hardford DO at 12.30 PM. I was there in the federal building at 11.30AM and was asked to sit in the lobby. Time went by and finally was called in around 2PM. Am not sure why there were running late.
When the officer called me, she was very courteous and informal. She asked my green card, passport and DL. When I gave her my Florida license, she said she cannot accept it as I don't have an id in CT. But my case was genuine as I was working in CT since dec 05 as a consultant. I showed her all the details and was in an argument trying to convince her for almost 25mins. She was also very patiently listening to me. Then she said she has to talk to her superior. Went in and came out after 10mins and told me that they were gonna transfer my case to FL. I told her I might not be in FL as I might take up the full time opportunity that might come to me soon in CT. So once that happens, the file has to come back to CT. So it doesn't make any sense at all. Then she said she would any how do the interview and see what happens. Started on the application page by page nothing extraordinary. No probs asked specifically questions on arrests and citation. I told her about the 2 traffic tickets and she was least interested. Then same stuff like travel outside US, taxes, company that petitioned etc. After that the history test usual stuff. Answered all the questions correctly. Finally made me to sign the application and finally gave me the very next oath date which is on 20th of Oct(2 weeks) at 10.30AM. I was literally surprised and couldn't beleive my eyes.
Though it was a bit of scary intially, things went well at the end. This was a very good experience to know for people like me in the same boat working as a consultant in different states.
The board have been really helpful and I thank everyone for all their inputs.

Good luck to everyone.
Thanks.

Maggiv,
CONGRATULATIONS. It is very interesting interview experience. I guess everyone has something different all the time.

Sufian

Maggiv, congrats! So your journey is almost over, at least the hardest parts are gone! You can now chill and wait for your oath.

Congrats Maggiv!!

I have recieved my Interview Letter however the one for my spouse has still not arrived. Although, both the cases have disappeared from the USCIS website.
I don't know why one letter has not come since both of us applied together and had fingerprinting done together, status disappeared together at the same time. Could it be lost in the mail ???
Any ideas folks ??

hi everyone..

I think not everyone here posting their dates, could you please do so, if possible.

I'm waiting for my interview letter, and here are my dates:

Application sent: 8/30/2006
Recieved: 9/1/2006
Priority Date: 9/1/2006
Reciept recieved: 9/27/2006 (took them quite long)
Fingerprints letter recieved: 9/29/2006
Fingerprints appointment: 10/12/2006

Online status for some reason says they recieved my application September 5, which does not match the reciept.

Also, a question, when your status disappears, do you recieve email notification if you are subscribed?

Interview Experience

I reached Hartford office at 8:30. My interview time was 9:30. I gave the counter clerk my interview letter and waited for my turn. They did not call me until 9:30. The immigration officer was very polite. She took oath to speak the truth and then confirmed all information I provided on N-400. She checked my visits outside the US with the stamps in my passport. I asked her to update the information for my daughter who was born after I had applied for citizenship and she did that. She kept a copy of my daughter’s birth certificate for her records. The interview went very smooth and it was a good experience. She gave me the earliest oath date in Bridgeport and my oath is on Friday, October 20th.

I appreciate everyone’s input and learned a great deal from their experiences and good luck to all of you who have their interviews coming up.

Sufi

Oath ceremony completed

Today I took my oath in Bridgeport and am officially a US citizen. I need to apply for the passport. Its been a wonderful journey with lot of twists and turns. The journey is a total of 3702 days from the day I landed here in F1 visa until today. This thread has been wonderful with lots of information. I thank everyone for their inputs. Since this would be my last message posting here, I wish each and everyone good luck.

Thanks.

Congratulations Sufian and maggiv

Congrats Sufian and Maggiv!

I just got an interview cancellation letter :(

I don't know why but my interview that was scheduled for November 12th has been cancelled and it says we will let you know later. :confused:
Can someone help ? Has anyone gone through this ?
Please let mee know what can I do now?