N400 Hartford tracker.

johnpa2005

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Can we update our info in this thread. I will be applying in couple of days. One of my friends applied 45 days back and yet to receive FP notice from VSC. Can someone please post their recent experiences?

Thank you

JP

N400 Hartford Timeline

Applied : Nov 26 2005
RD : Nov 28 2005
Acknowledgement : Dec 4
Finger Print : Jan 5
Interview : Mar 30
Oath : May 12 in New Haven, CT
Passport : May 12 in Norwalk, CT
Interview was simple. Toughest part of the whole process was finding a parking spot in downtown Hartford. If you dont find a metered parking spot, there is a $8.00 paid parking lot less than a block on the opposite side of the Federal building.
Our appointment was at 9:00 AM. We reached there at 8:45 and submitted the letters. I was called in at 9:00. The officer verified each entry in my application, asked for proof of my SSN (Social Security Card). Verified my passport and Green Card. I had speeding tickets which were more than 10 years old. I had listed them. I had obtained my driving records to show that I had a clean record(and all traffic tickets paid) in the past 5 years. The officer did not ask me for any of these papers, just asked me if I had any other serious violations. I said no. (He scratched out the traffic violations). Then the usual oral civics test from the 100 questions, all simple. Had to answer 6 correctly out of 10 randomly picked by the computer. The whole thing was over in 15 minutes. I was given a letter to appear for oath ceremony on May 12 in New Haven. The other choice was Bridgeport.
My wife was called in at 9:30 AM. The only extra question she was asked was about her tax records. The officer asked her for the tax transcripts (we had the obtained records for the past 3 years).
Hope this helps others.
This site has been my lifeline in the past 10 years. I thank Rajiv Khanna and the moderators. This is a great public service to everybody.

Had my oath ceremony today at the New Haven US District Court House. Parking is a big problem there, luckily found a spot in the paid parking behind the court house.
We reached there at 8:30 am. They took our papers(that we got from the interview) and asked us to wait(there were 58 of us). Judge came in around 9:30. She gave a moving lecture on US citizenship trhough the years and the importance of the occasion. Then we had the oath. Then they called out each of us one by one and handed out the Certificate of Naturalization - making it official, we had just become US citizens. We were out by 10:00 am.
Then we went to the passport agency to Norwalk at 1:30 pm(had called earlier for an appointment since I am travelling in the next 14 days). The fee was $160.00 and the passport was ready by 3:30 pm. So there you have it from my first US Visa to the Passport a total of 5389 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
JP,

I will be completing my 5 years of Green card in September. Can I apply for N400 in June ?

any advise will be highly appreciated

babybaba : After how long you received FP notice?

Babybaba,

Thanks for the reply. It seems you got FP notice on time. One of my friend has applied and has not received anything about FP notice.

Can you please let me know, how many days in advance you received FP notice?

We are planning to travel out of country, that is the reason.

Thank you

sawankaandha:

Yes, Generally people apply before 80-85 days of 5 year completion on safer side.

with regds

N400 Application

I mailed my application exactly 90 days before the 5 year completion. I got my finger print done 30 days after my Receipt Date.

babybaba said:
I was given a letter to appear for oath ceremony on May 12 in New Haven. The other choice was Bridgeport.

Hi Babybaba

Did you have any choice of dates or May 12 was the earliest date they could come up with?

My timeline:
PD: 12/23/06
FP: 01/24/06
ID:04/20/06

My details:
Service Center: VCS
DO: Hartford
Application Submitted: 4/15/2006
Priority Date: 4/17/2006
Finger Prints Date: 05/13/2006

Any one here stuck in name check and thinking or has already filed a lawsuit care to share his/her experience?

DO for residents of Stamford, CT

I received my fingerprint notice today. I live in Stamford, CT and the fingerprints have been scheduled in Application Support Center in New Rochelle, NY. I want to find out if it changes the district office where my application is supposed to be processed. I thought my application will be processed in Hartford, CT office.

Anyone with similar experience.

My timeline is:
Application Submitted: 5/12/2006
Priority Date: 5/15/2006
Finger Prints Date: 06/02/2006

Proud to be an American!

I started my citizenship process on December 23rd and took my oath at Bridgeport on May 26th. The whole process was very seamless. We arrived at the Bridgeport court by 2:00 PM. There is a parking garage right across the street. Cost me $3.00 for 2 hours which is not bad at all. Some folks parked in an adjacent shopping strip despite the clear warning that the parking was only for the shop customers. I thought, I should make a good start as a USC by obeying the all the rules :) and decided to pay and park at the garage.

The court room was crowded since there were 60 aspiring citizens and their guests. There were quite some children. Finding a babysitter for the children and coming to oath is a very good idea. We felt very bad seeing one parent going crazy controlling his child. Also, to kill time, taking something to read is better.

The Immigration officer started right on time, 2:30PM. He gave necessary instructions and then called each person with the appointment letter filled in the back side and signed. He verified the information with everyone. It was very straightforward. The judge arrived sharp on 3:30PM. She was a very pleasant personality and provided a nice speech which followed by the oath. After the oath and pledge of allegiance, the judge handed over the naturalization certificates to everyone. One note: The naturalization certificate can not be copied or laminated. Its unlawful. It is clearly written on the certificate that it can not be copied by anyone other than an authorized person. I went and asked the immigration official about it and he said, no xerox or lamination. You can frame it, but that's it. If you loose it, you got to wait for a whole year to get a new one!

I want to thank everyone on this board for contributing valuable information. This board was a great help to me throughout the process.

My timeline:
PD: 12/23/05
FP: 01/24/06
ID: 04/17/06
Oath: 05/26/06

Not yet

Maggiv,

I did not hear anything. Meahwhile I have to change my address. So please post if you receive interview letter. I will also post if I hear.

Sufian : Your district office does not change. Fingerprint is done application support centers and your processing is determined by where you live.

Thank you

Sufian said:
I received my fingerprint notice today. I live in Stamford, CT and the fingerprints have been scheduled in Application Support Center in New Rochelle, NY. I want to find out if it changes the district office where my application is supposed to be processed. I thought my application will be processed in Hartford, CT office.

Anyone with similar experience.

My timeline is:
Application Submitted: 5/12/2006
Priority Date: 5/15/2006
Finger Prints Date: 06/02/2006

Sufian... i live in Danbury and they sent me to New Rochell in NY for FP. It will not change your DO.

JP...
My account in the USCIS website has been updated with the following message:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on April 25, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Do you have anything similar to this? Not sure what it means. Does it mean that the IL is on its way.

Just an update.

Thanks