N400 2019-2020 Asylee Tracker

Completed my interview and I am now a citizen. The Lawrence, MA conducts the interview + oath on same day. Some highlights:

1. There was no re-investigation of my asylum case. Didn't ask if I renewed my COP passport. Didn't ask if I visited the COP country. Asked for a passport, I gave them the RTD - they needed it to check name.
2. Taxes - just asked if I forgot to file my taxes.
3. Went through all the 'Have you ever...." questions. The officer was young, but appeared bored. She went though the questions super fast - like she is signing, a robotic demeanor? Yep.
4. Traffic tickets - I disclosed all four, and told her they all have fines under $500. Didn't ask for evidence.
5. Selective Service Registration - They didn't ask for evidence.

Funny fact: They never asked me to take my face covering from start to end + they didn't ask for the appointment letter.

Civics:

1. What one state that borders mexico
2. Name three of the original 13 states
3. Name two national holidays
4. longest rivers, name one
5. I don't know the other two - she was just going fast.

The end. Next, submitting passport application shortly. Good luck to everyone....

Congratulations on your citizenship! So happy for you.

5 years (4 years) of being an LPR based on asylum.

Congratulations on the new Chapter and please Vote! I can't wait to have US passport in the future.

I'm about 362 days away from filling my asylee based N400. I am waiting patiently for that time to come

Completed my interview and I am now a citizen. The Lawrence, MA conducts the interview + oath on same day. Some highlights:

1. There was no re-investigation of my asylum case. Didn't ask if I renewed my COP passport. Didn't ask if I visited the COP country. Asked for a passport, I gave them the RTD - they needed it to check name.
2. Taxes - just asked if I forgot to file my taxes.
3. Went through all the 'Have you ever...." questions. The officer was young, but appeared bored. She went though the questions super fast - like she is signing, a robotic demeanor? Yep.
4. Traffic tickets - I disclosed all four, and told her they all have fines under $500. Didn't ask for evidence.
5. Selective Service Registration - They didn't ask for evidence.

Funny fact: They never asked me to take my face covering from start to end + they didn't ask for the appointment letter.

Civics:

1. What one state that borders mexico
2. Name three of the original 13 states
3. Name two national holidays
4. longest rivers, name one
5. I don't know the other two - she was just going fast.

The end. Next, submitting passport application shortly. Good luck to everyone....
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. The long ride is over.

Hoping to fight my way to New Zealand to visit my immediate family. So, I applied for my passport. Adding the tracker here:

08/15/2020 - Passport Application Submitted at USPS Post Office
08/20/2020 - In process

Hoping to fight my way to New Zealand to visit my immediate family. So, I applied for my passport. Adding the tracker here:

08/20/2020 - In process

Sweet! Soon you finish the Interview they give you the Certificate of Naturalisation on spot? I heard the fast passport goes very fast

08/20/2020 - In process

I’m sure you may be aware that you can get a same day passport at the agency if you have an urgency. They do ask for a flight ticket. But the issue is that most nations seem to have a restriction on entry of US citizens right now. Ive heard that the flight schedules are messed up too. On the other hand tickets are cheaper. I usually travel quite a few times a year and it’s been 6 months since I got on a plane. My last time was 2nd March. It feels weird.

Day 222 since my biometrics was received and still no update. I've seen people submit applications in February already have an appointment at my local field office. At this point, I might reach out to my representative.

Day 73 since I filed my N-400 online. No biometrics notice, so far very quiet. Hoping for some action before I hit 120 days.
Yeah, that is taking long. I'm sure you will hear from them soon once they clear the backlog. Had hoped August to be a month of catching up and moving forward...seems they are still behind.

Day 222 since my biometrics was received and still no update. I've seen people submit applications in February already have an appointment at my local field office. At this point, I might reach out to my representative.
Had hoped Norfolk could be better than NYC. Hope they are not treating your application on a first come first serve: They could be saying the priority date is the date they got the file from NYC, not the day that you applied. I don't know if they can do that.

Had hoped Norfolk could be better than NYC. Hope they are not treating your application on a first come first serve: They could be saying the priority date is the date they got the file from NYC, not the day that you applied. I don't know if they can do that.
Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I am wondering if my priority is when I changed my address which would 04/01/2020. If that's the case, it would really suck but I guess I'll just wait and see. I'm going to wait until the end of September and if nothing, I'll reach out to my Rep.

Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I am wondering if my priority is when I changed my address which would 04/01/2020. If that's the case, it would really suck but I guess I'll just wait and see. I'm going to wait until the end of September and if nothing, I'll reach out to my Rep.
Every year I could always see people who applied for asylum after I did mind get theirs approved within six months while mine took three years, green card took few months and some N-400 all going faster in a matter of weeks or months . In the period I applied for asylum and green card Obama was in office, the immigration system had changed after. ”national security incidences” asylum procedures changed , USCIS offices closed (circuit ride offices moved ) etc. I am always happy if I see proof that some cases are moving way past filing N-400 towards . This will pass too. I am always happy reading people keeping the dream alive to be US citizens despite obstacles. I am reflecting that one day I will be able to file mine.

250 + days is a very long time to wait, I hope USCIS will soon have some actions to move your case of if RFE supplied will applied on your application. You mentioned that you had COA on your application? Maybe that can have an effect or not on your application. Did you fly out of the country last year ?

250 + days is a very long time to wait, I hope USCIS will soon have some actions to move your case of if RFE supplied will applied on your application. You mentioned that you had COA on your application? Maybe that can have an effect or not on your application. Did you fly out of the country last year ?
The last time I was out the country was in 2017 and it was only for 4 days. The change of address is to a smaller and faster field of address so I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard anything. The last time I called, and I called the military line because I'm a military spouse, they said it's all ready for field office and interview.

Day 84: nothing to report here. Not in a rush, just wanted to know if it's just me not getting the biometrics appointment or is it everybody else? I would hope that they would at least run my background check and have me do fingerprints.

Day 84: nothing to report here. Not in a rush, just wanted to know if it's just me not getting the biometrics appointment or is it everybody else? I would hope that they would at least run my background check and have me do fingerprints.
I have seen numerous posts where they reuse fingerprint but it's possible those are for people who have pending I751 cases.

08/20/2020 - In process
21 days today. Nothing to report here.

I think the bios field offices are struggling. Very few people are getting them from all the reports i have been seeing. Reuse of your name old prints best hope, but for naturalization they are a bit reluctant to use them.

Passport agencies have been backed up due to corona closures. But normal request time was 4-6 weeks even before corona