N400 2019-2020 Asylee Tracker

Estimated case completion was initially December 2020. Then it said June 2021. Now almost back to where it was - January 2021!

The wait time is still the same - "We are taking longer than expected...."

Estimated case completion was initially December 2020. Then it said June 2021. Now almost back to where it was - January 2021!

The wait time is still the same - "We are taking longer than expected...."
I think that the completion estimate is correct. All the offices are open now, so everything should move forward with no issues. By next month, should be showing accurately. Of course, the wild swings just do not help...!

I think that the completion estimate is correct. All the offices are open now, so everything should move forward with no issues. By next month, should be showing accurately. Of course, the wild swings just do not help...!

It's been almost 2 months and I still haven't received a biometrics appointment. Your interview is coming up - can't wait to hear all the scoop

It's been almost 2 months and I still haven't received a biometrics appointment. Your interview is coming up - can't wait to hear all the scoop
Wow....wish they could use the existing prints they already have. Because, without the biometrics done, your file can not be added to the list of people waiting to get their interviews done.

Yeah, my interview date is fast approaching. Can't believe it's only ten days away. When I got my GC, I started the countdown. I have a screen-grab, where it says "you have 1090 days left until you are able to submit your n400 application on 02/02/2020." That seems like a million years ago now. The process is just brutal in terms of the timelines involved.

Doing nothing much right now. Completed printing all the supporting documents. I don't know if they will ask for them.

Wow....wish they could use the existing prints they already have. Because, without the biometrics done, your file can not be added to the list of people waiting to get their interviews done.

Yeah, my interview date is fast approaching. Can't believe it's only ten days away. When I got my GC, I started the countdown. I have a screen-grab, where it says "you have 1090 days left until you are able to submit your n400 application on 02/02/2020." That seems like a million years ago now. The process is just brutal in terms of the timelines involved.

Doing nothing much right now. Completed printing all the supporting documents. I don't know if they will ask for them.
Wondering how long it took for GC for you, and the Citizenship after sending Asylum application?

I think the letter you got was a generic letter asking for everything. You were not really required to register when you were on F1 and now since you are beyond 31, you are past the requirement. It’s only an issue for people who are between 26 and 31 as USCIS considers not registering as a strike against GMC. If you are under 26, you can register right before your interview as well but if you are over 26, you cannot register anymore and hence you are screwed and have to wait until you are 31 to file N400. You are completely in the clear and can ignore the requirement. Even if you take the letter, they won’t ask the question.
@Fin , I checked with others: Indeed, the interview letter is generic. However, on the account online, they don't ask for the selective registration evidence.

Reactions: Fin
So, 2pm here...will be three hours after my interview by this time next week. I will share the experience. I dug around a bit, there is no evidence of same day oath ceremony after the interview at my field office. But then again, we have to remember that people who share their USCIS adventures constitute 0.0000000001% of the total applicants.

Completed my interview and I am now a citizen. The Lawrence, MA conducts the interview + oath on same day. Some highlights:

1. There was no re-investigation of my asylum case. Didn't ask if I renewed my COP passport. Didn't ask if I visited the COP country. Asked for a passport, I gave them the RTD - they needed it to check name.
2. Taxes - just asked if I forgot to file my taxes.
3. Went through all the 'Have you ever...." questions. The officer was young, but appeared bored. She went though the questions super fast - like she is signing, a robotic demeanor? Yep.
4. Traffic tickets - I disclosed all four, and told her they all have fines under $500. Didn't ask for evidence.
5. Selective Service Registration - They didn't ask for evidence.

Funny fact: They never asked me to take my face covering from start to end + they didn't ask for the appointment letter.

Civics:

1. What one state that borders mexico
2. Name three of the original 13 states
3. Name two national holidays
4. longest rivers, name one
5. I don't know the other two - she was just going fast.

The end. Next, submitting passport application shortly. Good luck to everyone....

Completed my interview and I am now a citizen. The Lawrence, MA conducts the interview + oath on same day. Some highlights:

1. There was no re-investigation of my asylum case. Didn't ask if I renewed my COP passport. Didn't ask if I visited the COP country. Asked for a passport, I gave them the RTD - they needed it to check name.
3. Went through all the 'Have you ever...." questions. The officer was young, but appeared bored. She went though the questions super fast - like she is signing, a robotic demeanor? Yep.
4. Traffic tickets - I disclosed all four, and told her they all have fines under $500. Didn't ask for evidence.

Funny fact: They never asked me to take my face covering from start to end + they didn't ask for the appointment letter.

Civics:

The end. Next, submitting passport application shortly. Good luck to everyone....
CONGRATULATIONS!!! =D. And never mind the passport, it's useless right now, LOL. =P Go register to VOTE!! =D ;)

Civics:

Congratulations, very happy for you

Civics:

Congratulations
Happy for you and I wish you the best. Enjoy the peace of mind :)
7of9 you are such a valuable member of our forum and a lot of us benefit from your comments and inputs. Please make sure you continue helping others. God bless you and anyone thinking and trying to help others here.

Civics:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
HAPPY FOR YOU!! Good Luck for your life ahead!!
you're a great help for the group :)

Congratulations @7of9 !!
It’s a bit strange that they didn’t take fingerprints or a picture to confirm if the applicant and interviewee was the same person as this seemed to be the standard protocol at all offices prior to the virus pandemic. Maybe they altered it now.
Basically your interview was conducted exactly the way it should. The Nat adjudicator has no business with the details of a prior case that has already been adjudicated. But since these guys have a lot of latitude on discretion my adjudicator asked me all those questions and way more! In fact he looked a bit disappointed that I had not visited COP or don’t have a passport. It’s been a year since I naturalized and I still haven’t visited COP and have no such plans in the immediate future. Anyway it’s great that we still have a lot more “normal” adjudicators than abnormal ones. Congrats again.

Civics:

Congratulations

Congratulations
Happy for you and I wish you the best. Enjoy the peace of mind :)
7of9 you are such a valuable member of our forum and a lot of us benefit from your comments and inputs. Please make sure you continue helping others. God bless you and anyone thinking and trying to help others here.
Thank's. here to help as always.

Congratulations @7of9 !!
It’s a bit strange that they didn’t take fingerprints or a picture to confirm if the applicant and interviewee was the same person as this seemed to be the standard protocol at all offices prior to the virus pandemic. Maybe they altered it now.
Basically your interview was conducted exactly the way it should. The Nat adjudicator has no business with the details of a prior case that has already been adjudicated. But since these guys have a lot of latitude on discretion my adjudicator asked me all those questions and way more! In fact he looked a bit disappointed that I had not visited COP or don’t have a passport. It’s been a year since I naturalized and I still haven’t visited COP and have no such plans in the immediate future. Anyway it’s great that we still have a lot more “normal” adjudicators than abnormal ones. Congrats again.
a) I think that there is one positive thing about Covid-19: The officers do not want to touch anything your bring with you. They used a tissue to collect the Green Card - that is the only document they touched. The passport, they made me raise it and show it to them. No way they could consider touching and looking at tonnes of evidence I had brought.
b) Yep, at the check-in, the lady just told me to say my name - they have a list of everyone coming in for the interview for that day I suppose. I told her the name and she said ok, go and seat down and wait for your turn.
c) Glad they followed protocol. But on here, there has been debates on asylees returning to COP, renewing COP passport etc. All kinds of difficult questions. I don't know if they have a new protocol, or it's just one officer.

Reactions: Fin

Civics:

Congratulations !!! After all the endless journey you've completed, you are receiving the reward!