N400 2019-2020 Asylee Tracker

Just logged into my USCIS account. Here's what I got:

Estimated case completion time
December 2020 (6 months)

Not too bad, considering everything is at a halt.

Just logged into my USCIS account. Here's what I got:

Estimated case completion time
December 2020 (6 months)

Not too bad, considering everything is at a halt.
Nice. Hope later this year, the estimates will be working again. Right now, they are not working...behind by two months. My June completion is till there.

Oath Ceremonies: This week, oath ceremonies have accelerated, people across the country are getting their citizenship, outside court houses, in parking lots, sitting in their cars, etc.

Interviews: They haven't been scheduling or conducting n400 interviews since March 18....so we are all waiting. Hope they will move forward with interviews before June is out. Nobody has been called in for an interview since March 18.

Biometrics: They haven't been doing them. I haven't seen people who have been called in for biometrics across the country since March 18.

Moderators: Someone move this thread. I would like to know why this thread was moved here (DV Lottery Visas) from the parent thread "Political Asylum in USA". I fail to understand what DV lottery Visas have in common with asylum.

Please send this thread back where it belongs.

Thank you, @Sm1smom @Britsimon

Moderators: Someone move this thread. I would like to know why this thread was moved here (DV Lottery Visas) from the parent thread "Political Asylum in USA". I fail to understand what DV lottery Visas have in common with asylum.

Please send this thread back where it belongs.

Thank you, @Sm1smom @Britsimon

When I applied for N400 online, I included a picture of the Selective Service registration. Yesterday, I tried to open that picture to make sure it was readable and it wouldn't open. I uploaded another picture of a different format as an Additional Evidence. Do you think this might cause a delay?

When I applied for N400 online, I included a picture of the Selective Service registration. Yesterday, I tried to open that picture to make sure it was readable and it wouldn't open. I uploaded another picture of a different format as an Additional Evidence. Do you think this might cause a delay?
No. I think you actually did a good thing: submitting duplicates of the same item is not an issue. It will not cause any delays!

+ Good news: today, one of the guys who had his interview cancelled in April, got an email yesterday - his interview has been rescheduled. So, it seems interviews will be starting again.

YES!

Day 146: On July 10, 2020, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400.... No documents added to the account yet, so I don't know the date of the interview.

Congratulations! They seem to be back up and running again!
As for me, Day 30 - Nothing to report here. Will they call me in for fingerprinting? No idea.

Congratulations! They seem to be back up and running again!
As for me, Day 30 - Nothing to report here. Will they call me in for fingerprinting? No idea.
They won't call. They will mail the biometrics appointment document. It used to take less than 10 days for the appointment to me made. Good luck, I hope the appointment will be made soon.

Day 147: Interview confirmed, set for 08/14/2020 next month.

Good luck. It seems like things are moving now. What office is that? some offices were taking much longer than 6 months even before the pandemic.

Good luck. It seems like things are moving now. What office is that? some offices were taking much longer than 6 months even before the pandemic.
This is the Lawrence, MA field office. They had good timelines before the virus shutdown ~3.5 to 7.5 months from start to finish for N-400. So I think they are about 1.5 months behind with the processing of my case. I was supposed to get done last month.

@7of9 believe me, from what I have heard it’s still not bad. someone I know had been waiting for an asylum interview for 4.5 years (2016) and it was finally scheduled in June. He got a letter that it’s been rescheduled for July 2021. I read the forums and it seems like even n400 timelines are stretched in many busy offices. My N400 took an year from application to oath which included a 1447b lawsuit. I’m glad I sued ASAP after 120 days and I’m glad to be done with this shit. I spent almost 19-20K with application and lawyer fees for my entire immigration journey.

@7of9 believe me, from what I have heard it’s still not bad. someone I know had been waiting for an asylum interview for 4.5 years (2016) and it was finally scheduled in June. He got a letter that it’s been rescheduled for July 2021. I read the forums and it seems like even n400 timelines are stretched in many busy offices. My N400 took an year from application to oath which included a 1447b lawsuit. I’m glad I sued ASAP after 120 days and I’m glad to be done with this shit. I spent almost 19-20K with application and lawyer fees for my entire immigration journey.

Yeah man! I am glad you're done with the whole process. I am still in the beginning of it. Submitted my N400 last month and still waiting for the next step. Haven't heard anything since then from them. I've had 3 lawyers handling my asylum case and I am glad I chose the last one as my main one because she was really knowledgable and truly cared for my case unlike the other two - they just wanted the money. I literally found her a week before my interview - I thought it was already too late. But it wasn't - my case got approved in 19 days.

But I guess all in all, between lawyer fees and immigration fees I spent around 7-8k.

But I guess all in all, between lawyer fees and immigration fees I spent around 7-8k.
7 -8K sounds like a big amount but is nothing compared to what I spent. I guess just the fees (around 1K for GC, ~ 500 for each RP, 640 for n400 plus lawyer fees - I was referred to IJ and spent around 3 years in just the asylum process, then again I had to sue for N400). I think I was overcharged by the lawyers but I didn’t know better and since my case is through I am not going to complain, especially with the current situation

Day 152: Notice of interview scheduled arrived in the mail. The notice is asking to bring to the interview:

a) The notice itself
b) GC
c) Evidence of Selective Service Registration
d) Passport/any other documents used to travel in an out of the country.

I have been seeing people getting the interview + oath ceremony done on the same day. Hope this could be the case for me.

I suggest you upload the selective service registration as additional documents so that they have it before hand (if you applied online). I think same day oath is happening for very few offices like Baltimore.

I suggest you upload the selective service registration as additional documents so that they have it before hand (if you applied online). I think same day oath is happening for very few offices like Baltimore.
It's a boiler-plate notice really. In the original application, the selective service registration documentation/evidence is there. I can see it under the 'documents submitted by you' tab in the account. It's a standalone document, so I'm not sure how he/she could have missed it. That is why I have concluded that the notice is a boiler-plate one, sent to everyone.