N400 2019-2020 Asylee Tracker

Last time I walked in, they didn't like it. But as always, I will try my luck. I'm waiting for the biometrics appointment letter to reflect in the system online....I don't have the date yet. How are things on your end? Are you done with biometrics already, and are now waiting for the interview later?

Yeah I walked in and did mine about a month ago. I was in and out in less than 4 minutes to my biometrics in Manhattan. I wish it was as fast for interview but it’s not.

Yeah I walked in and did mine about a month ago. I was in and out in less than 4 minutes to my biometrics in Manhattan. I wish it was as fast for interview but it’s not.
Yeah, Manhattan/Newark are brutal. But I'm sure you will hear from them soon. Sometimes cases move pretty fast, faster than the average processing times. You might be called in for your interview sooner than you think.

02/15/2020: Day 0: N400 Application submitted Online
02/15/2020: Day 0: Notice of action (NOA)
02/15/2020: Day 0: Receipt Date + Priority Date
02/22/2020: Day 6: Biometrics Appointment Letter
02/25/2020: Day 9: Biometrics App Letter Available online - Case still at NBC
03/11/2020: - Biometrics day

Thinking of doing a walk-in today for the biometrics. Will see what they say.

02/25/2020: Day 9: Biometrics done - Walk-in.

They don't like walk-ins for biometrics - she challenged me why I had showed today, when I'm supposed to come 3/11. Told her I will be out of the country. Which is true.

So, waiting for the interview now.

They don't like walk-ins for biometrics - she challenged me why I had showed today, when I'm supposed to come 3/11. Told her I will be out of the country. Which is true.

So, waiting for the interview now.

They are way too difficult. Fortunately I did not have a problem. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get your interview soon, just continue to keep us posted.

02/26/2020: Day 10: We reviewed your biometrics.

---> Wait time (for the next event, scheduling of the interview?): 3 months
---> Estimated Case Completion Time: Updated from September (7 months from now) down to June (4 months from now).

So, these are the good times. Hope the interview will be scheduled soon, ahead of the 3 months wait time.

Last edited:
02/26/2020: Day 10: We reviewed your biometrics
02/28/2020: Day 12: Biometrics letter recieved

04/12/2020: Day 60: Nothing to report here. Will be back on day 90, earlier if updates do come in. Stay safe out there. Ever felt, that when it's your turn for your USCIS benefit to be processed, something always happens to delay your application? We are in the same boat. When will I reach 'passport in hand' stage? Not just that, when will I be able to apply to jobs in HHS/FDA?

04/12/2020: Day 60: Nothing to report here. Will be back on day 90, earlier if updates do come in. Stay safe out there. Ever felt, that when it's your turn for your USCIS benefit to be processed, something always happens to delay your application? We are in the same boat. When will I reach 'passport in hand' stage? Not just that, when will I be able to apply to jobs in HHS/FDA?

I feel for you 7of9. There are also many people who were almost about to become USCs and their oaths got canceled. They have also stopped issuing passports unless its an emergency. I would assume things would take a couple of months to re-start. There is a possibility of a backlog since everything has stopped but hopefully, people like you would be ahead of the line since you already applied. Just keep living your life as a GC, trust me you aren't missing much and one day it will happen. Above all, stay safe - GC/USC hardly matters if someone gets sick/hospitalized!

My case completion estimate timeline is back on my account. It vanished almost four weeks ago [[...and no, when it vanished, I didn't panic, I didn't call USCIS, I didn't call anybody. I just waited. Here, we always say, when you see USCIS website errors on your case, etc...relax, the system will get back to normal. This can take a day, or a week, a month, or a few months]].

I don't know, the estimate claims my interview will be scheduled next week, with a case completion estimate of June. Seems these timelines continued counting as they were before the covid-19 virus...so they might not be true. Will wait and see.

7 days..JPG

Last edited:
My case completion estimate timeline is back on my account. It vanished almost four weeks ago [[...and no, when it vanished, I didn't panic, I didn't call USCIS, I didn't call anybody. I just waited. Here, we always say, when you see USCIS website errors on your case, etc...relax, the system will get back to normal. This can take a day, or a week, a month, or a few months]].

I don't know, the estimate claims my interview will be scheduled next week, with a case completion estimate of June. Seems these timelines continued counting as they were before the covid-19 virus...so they might not be true. Will wait and see.

View attachment 1561
Update:

Estimated case completion time: 2 months (June)

Estimated wait time (for the next step): "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

This is the new status after the countdown had run out. Yesterday, it was saying 1 days left until the next step. This is just another data point: They are not yet scheduling n400 interviews. So this means that both the est. case completion time, and wait time counters, are completely useless - they are not using them anymore.

Nothing to see here. Basically, coming to 90 days since application was received, nothing to report. May 2nd this month marked the exact 5 yrs (4 yrs) of having the asylee GC. Hope during the next 30 days, I will have something to report. Stay safe out there...

29 days til I submit my N400 online. I put all the details needed for the application on a piece of paper today so I have all the dates of moving and traveling ready to go! 7of9, you were talking about some tax form you were waiting on? How come you needed that for your N400? I didn't see anything like that in the checklist requirements.

29 days til I submit my N400 online. I put all the details needed for the application on a piece of paper today so I have all the dates of moving and traveling ready to go! 7of9, you were talking about some tax form you were waiting on? How come you needed that for your N400? I didn't see anything like that in the checklist requirements.
The tax transcript is not required. On the day of the interview, sometimes officers say you need to bring a copy of the tax transcript for the last five year. In fact, people say just bring them, even if not asked - they bring them as part of all the docs to show an officer, in case they are interested. The plan is always to have all documents ready with you, so that your citizenship can't be delayed/blocked because a simple document the officer asked was not there. When I go for my interview, I will bring all the documents to the interview.