N400 2019-2020 Asylee Tracker

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, I am patiently waiting and I am about 352 days or 11 months, 2 weeks to be eligible to file Form N-400 within the 90-day window. I am learning a lot from you guys, and I am hoping that I will be able to use this opportunity to prevent mistakes and mishaps.

Hoping to fight my way to New Zealand to visit my immediate family. So, I applied for my passport. Adding the tracker here:

08/15/2020 - Passport Application Submitted at USPS Post Office
08/20/2020 - In process
09/21 - Day 37: Passport + Card shipped. Should be in hand by Wednesday this week.

Happy they finally took action.

Congrats !! The United States Passport in your hands this week!! Thank you for inspiring us

:cool::DNext ===> Register to Vote November 2020 VOTE !

I'm about 362 days away from filling my asylee based N400. Thought I would start this tracker, uniquely tailored for us asylees. I will be sharing my experiences from preparation for filling to the 'passport in hand' stage. Sweeter if I can complete the journey before the 2020 elections so I can vote!

Feel free to share your N400 journey here too. Wishing everyone on any stage good luck!
My long journey ends here. I started fighting with USCIS in 2003. It's been 17 years of paying USCIS various fees, doing a million biometrics appointments, 6+ RTD applications, 15+ visa applications to visit countries where I could visit without a visa if I was an American, multiple delays and waiting in Secondary across airports in US when arriving from abroad!, of further examination by various airlines because of carrying an RTD, multiple years of being unable to travel on school outings (lost out on visits to Brazil, South Africa, Peru), years of losing out on job opportunities because RTD not accepted everywhere, of living under the hegemony of CBP, etc.

A few notes:

a) When you are qualified for a new immigrant status, do not wait to apply, no matter what! Do not be like me - I was eligible to apply for my green card for over threes years, but I didn't apply. Waiting those three years has cost me a lot.

b) Just try to be patient. Each person has their own journey to follow...I have friends who became citizens long ago, when we came at the same etc. You just have to be patient, as your time will come in good time.

There is a numbness, fatigue I have from fighting the system. I'm unable to celebrate today.

Good luck to everyone on your journey. I'm cheering for you.

My long journey ends here. I started fighting with USCIS in 2003. It's been 17 years of paying USCIS various fees, doing a million biometrics appointments, 6+ RTD applications, 15+ visa applications to visit countries where I could visit without a visa if I was an American, multiple delays and waiting in Secondary across airports in US when arriving from abroad!, of further examination by various airlines because of carrying an RTD, multiple years of being unable to travel on school outings (lost out on visits to Brazil, South Africa, Peru), years of losing out on job opportunities because RTD not accepted everywhere, of living under the hegemony of CBP, etc.

A few notes:

a) When you are qualified for a new immigrant status, do not wait to apply, no matter what! Do not be like me - I was eligible to apply for my green card for over threes years, but I didn't apply. Waiting those three years has cost me a lot.

b) Just try to be patient. Each person has their own journey to follow...I have friends who became citizens long ago, when we came at the same etc. You just have to be patient, as your time will come in good time.

There is a numbness, fatigue I have from fighting the system. I'm unable to celebrate today.

Good luck to everyone on your journey. I'm cheering for you.

Wow man....I spent around 9 years too and had people who came at the same time become citizens before me but thankfully I didn't have any issues with CBP. No secondary inspections in any of my 14 border crossings with RTD or RTD+GC (touch wood). I only had issues with airlines as their scanners (which they scan passports) almost always could never recognize the document resulting in a wait until the supervisor approves. Another hassle was to always get visas when wanting to travel.

Estimated case completion time
January 2021 (2 months)

It's getting closer but is it actually? I hope I can trust the USCIS website.
Mind you, I still haven't been fingerprinted. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I really have to shout out to @7of9. We have been on this for years and even though you have completed your process, you're still here helping us. My interview is 3/19 so I have just over 2 weeks to go. Unfortunately, Oath are like 2-3 months after. Wish me luck.

I really have to shout out to @7of9. We have been on this for years and even though you have completed your process, you're still here helping us. My interview is 3/19 so I have just over 2 weeks to go. Unfortunately, Oath are like 2-3 months after. Wish me luck.

Where is the interview taking place?

good luck.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, I am patiently waiting and I am about 352 days or 11 months, 2 weeks to be eligible to file Form N-400 within the 90-day window. I am learning a lot from you guys, and I am hoping that I will be able to use this opportunity to prevent mistakes and mishaps.

I am about 8 days to be eligible to file Form N-400 form.

Two days to be eligible to apply N400 form. The application is all ready to be delivered either online or via USPS. I am very nervous. I have been waiting for this day to come. For years having used to waiting for asylum related paperwork and green card, which has been A long wait... I will keep my fingers crossed that the process be a different waiting game!

Last edited:
I-485 was approved October 2020 right now just submitted n-400.
dude what are you doing why you wasting you money and hope and every little effort you just git you green card approved .if base what you saying is true cause if they issue your green card now , no need to send N400 just count 5 year from the date written in your card aka since date month and year . lets us now what are the outcome.