N-400 San Francisco timeline

thanks, sanjay73, paisa and wong561hb. My ceremony was yesterday, and I must say it was worth the extra 3/4 weeks wait. 1,227 new citizens from 109 original countries took part, and pretty much, there were smiles all around. The presiding judge was quite entertaining.
I wanted to make a copy of the Naturalization certificate, so I did not apply for passport right away. I'll probably do it today. Other than voter registration (optional), I think the only other step remaining would be to notify the SSN office of the status change.

passport today

got pp today.

i had oath on 10/30,
then applied for passport (not at the venue but at) Sutter Post office statition at Montegomery/Sutter by expediated on same day. (they accept till 4 pm)

(Even though I did not need "overnight", the post office guy lied that it is expediated+overnight or regular. So, I paid extra $14.95 for that as well, even though I knew that is not required. paid a total $169.95 in form of check to Dept of state. and another $25 by credit card (which goes usps).
BTW, my friend in next counter did not have to pay that, but his has not come by today, (but it will come in priority which means another day or two).

Is ASC in Oakland open on Saturdays ?

Does anyone know if the ASC in Oakland is open for Walkin FPs on Saturdays ? I just read in one of the posts that they will be closed on Saturdays starting from 10/30/09 ? Is this true ?

As an Alternative is there an ASC in San Francisco ? If it is there, does anybody know if they do Finger Printing ? and their address too please.

Thanks in advance.

Dublinguy,

Yes the Oakland support center is now closed for business on Sat. I know of several people who successfully did walk in FPing in Oakland. It all depends on their workload. Try Wed, or try getting there real early like be at the door at 7:30 - 8 am and plead your case with the person at the door. For the SF support center, check the USCIS website. Good luck.

Thanks for the info nightowl. I checked the USCIS site for the SFO Support center and it does mention about the Finger Printing from Mon to Fri from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM but not sure if they let walkin FPs there ?

Oakland ASC Walk Ins...

I was the guy who posted about the Saturday being closed... There was a sign on the door when I went about the new hours and also the guy working there told me that.

He was also the person who told me they only do "Walk In" on Wednesday and Saturday... but I don't know if they will be adding an additional day now that they will no longer be open on Saturday... Good luck!

Oath Letter

Hi,

I was interviewed on 21st Oct. My case was approved and I was told in 2-4 weeks you will get oath letter. I have not yet received. I noticed, some people who interviewed after 21st, they got the oath letter.

Is it random? How much time in general they take? I heard the next oath is on Nov19th. After that it will be on Dec17th. How much time they keep between oath letter and actual oath date. I guess, I will not get for Nov19th. Also my online status is still showing "Testing and intherview". Anyone on the same boat like me?

Thanks

OK, I'm in the USCIS Line again - Naturalization this time :)

Hopefully things will go much faster than the Green Card Name Check fiasco the last time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
oath letter received

Updating my timeline. I got my oath letter in the mail yesterday. :)
As yo can see it all moved pretty fast, just a little over 3.5 months.

Good luck to all who are anxiously watching their mailbox.

DO: San Francisco
07/24/09: Mailed to Phoenix lockbox
07/27/09: Receipt date
08/05/09: FP notice
08/26/09: FP done as scheduled
09/10/09: Called FBI FP cust service. FP returned to USCIS same day
09/17/09: Online status change 'sent for standard interview'
09/18/09: Interview notification
10/26/09: Interview
11/07/09: Oath notification
11/19/09: Oath Ceremony, Masonic Center SF

Hi all,

So I had my interview back in October 7th, but I asked to do the oath in December as I have several business trips in November. For some reason, I thought that they would have an Oath ceremony in week 1 or 2 of December, but it seems that they will have one until December 17th.

I am schedule to fly out on Christmas holiday on December 19th. Does anyone know how fast I can get a passport in my hands?

Given that the Oath is on Thursday, Dec 17th at 2pm. I basically only have Friday to do it as I am scheduled to fly out Saturday, Dec 19th out of the country.

Please advise....give me some tips, should I make appoinment at passport office. I have heard of people that get it in one day, but not sure.

thanks,

Jdk1245

Finally oath letter

Updating my timeline. I got my oath letter in the mail yesterday. :)
As yo can see it all moved pretty fast, just a little over 3.5 months.

Good luck to all who are anxiously watching their mailbox.

07/24/09: Mailed to Phoenix lockbox
08/26/09: FP done as scheduled
09/10/09: Called FBI FP cust service. FP returned to USCIS same day

Thanks for responding, my oath letter just arrived, I will be taking the oath on Nov 19th.:)
GOO LUCK TO ALL Waiting or in process...

Got Oath Letter Today for 11/19/2009

I received my oath letter with new name today after 2 months of Interview. The name change process in superior court and additional documents from IRS took this long to get a letter from USCIS.

Folks,
I recieved my oath letter today. I have a question. What is the fastest i can get my visa to india? I will be taking oath on 11/19, is there anyway i can be in india on 11/24?

how long does it take for passport? i am confident of getting indian visa the same day. any pointers will be helpful...

== updated time line
07/25/09: Mailed to Phoenix lockbox
08/26/09: FP done as scheduled (no walk in)
09/12/09: Called FBI FP cust service. FP returned to USCIS same day

Folks,
I recieved my oath letter today. I have a question. What is the fastest i can get my visa to india? I will be taking oath on 11/19, is there anyway i can be in india on 11/24?

how long does it take for passport? i am confident of getting indian visa the same day. any pointers will be helpful...

== updated time line
07/25/09: Mailed to Phoenix lockbox
08/26/09: FP done as scheduled (no walk in)
09/12/09: Called FBI FP cust service. FP returned to USCIS same day

It takes 1 day to get an indian visa...so dont panic! make your appoinemtn at a passport agency and get your passport in a day.

Although I did FP a week prior to my spouse but still waiting for the update from USCIS. Is it normal?

Called USCIS line... received ID...

I am traveling for business in December and January, and I received online update last week saying that my case was transferred for Standard interview but I have received no Interview Letter... I have not been too worried about this except that I would like to know sooner than later so I can schedule a flight back for my interview to happen on time.

On the off chance I called USCIS and explained situation to first level person... and she was very nice and helpful and immediately transferred me to a second level IO... Second level IO asked for my A# and then immediately gave me my appointment date... (I didn't even have to explain the situation to her... she just volunteered the information.)

So... a status update below. Second level IO mentioned that they are behind in sending out interview notices... they are trying to make sure everyone has at least TWO WEEKS NOTICE of interview... which seems like a very short time... I'm glad I called.

Good luck all.