N-400 San Francisco timeline

Hi
Both me and my wife got interviewed on Nov 3rd and we both passed the interview. I got my oath letter on Nov 12th for oath on Nov 19th. But my wife hasn't got oath letter yet. It is just one day left for the oath ceremony. I am concerned because we had FP and Interview on same day and almost same time. Has anyone been in similar situation?
I tried calling USCIS but they say wait for 90 days to appeal.

Applied Aug 7th
FP Done Sept 10th
Interviewed on Nov 3d
Oath letter arrived on Nov 12th
Oath on Nov 19th

Take your wife with you to the oath ceremony. Make sure you carry same documents like GC/Passport etc. as requested on your oath letter for your wife too. Usually they have list of attendees prepared beforehand. I hope your wife's name with be there too and you can take oath together.

You don't have to anything to loose if she goes with you and finds that oath is not scheduled. But trouble in case there USPS misplaced your letter.

Good luck.

Any idea, why I haven't received my interview letter, although I got email on 11/12/09 as: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Should I follow-up with USCIS or wait few more days.

BTW, I called USCIS this morning to check up on my oath letter... Both the ladies I got were really nice and helpful... They said My Letter was sent out 2 days ago and I should be receiving it in the mail soon...

I guess we should only start to really worry if it has been 30 days or longer...

DO: SF

8-6-09 sent in my application via UPS...
8-10-09 received by juarez @ 9.49 am
8-15-09 check cashed.
8-18-09 received I-797c, Notice of Action (receipt) (notice date:08-13-09)
8-25-09 received an email (requesting evidence)
8-28-09 received biometrics Notice of Action scheduled for 09-10-09 @ 2:00pm. (notice dated: 08-26-09)
9-10-09 finger prints taken
9-24-09 received an email (transferred file to local branch for interview)
10-5-09 Interview Letter Received scheduled for 11-03-09 @ 8:25am. (notice date: 10-01-09)
11-03-09 Interview completed (approved).

Completed my Oath on 11/19/09. Applied for passport on 11/20/09 & received PP today on 11/23/09.

Oath ceremony was interesting abt 1273 people from 99 countries took oath.

Most people was from china & next one was from INDIA

All the best to everyone who is waiting , your wait will be over soon.

I thank all the members & moderators for helping out & making my journey smooth, i will keep visiting this forum for sometime till i finish my OCI.

My Timeline update:

DO: San Francisco, CA
08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/24/09: Received Yellow Letter
08/28/09: FP Date
09/17/09: Online status updated to "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
09/18/09: Interview Letter Received
10/29/09: Interview (recommended for approval)
11/03/09: Oath Letter recieved
11/19/09: Oath Date Completed
11/20/09: PP Applied (Expedited)
11/23/09: PP Received

Interview letter received today.
1. Any idea what kind of documents I should carry for interview.
2. I got laid off before my GC(485 application) was approved and got another job while my GC approval was pending.
3. Any advice for answering the question regarding leaving the GC sponsor before getting the GC.

Received my Oath Letter Today.. I will be taking the Oath Dec. 17th, 2009. I will get married on Dec.18th,2009 and apply for my passport 10 days after receiving the Marriage Certificate.

I want to thank everyone for posting their info. It made this Journey much easier.

Anyone Know which is quicker Getting a PIO card or Just going and getting a Indian Visa???

8-15-09 check cashed.
8-28-09 received biometrics Notice of Action scheduled for 09-10-09 @ 2:00pm. (notice dated: 08-26-09)
10-5-09 Interview Letter Received scheduled for 11-03-09 @ 8:25am. (notice date: 10-01-09)
11-23-09 received Oath Letter. (notice date:11-17-09)
12-17-09 Taking Oath.

Received my Oath Letter Today.. I will be taking the Oath Dec. 17th, 2009. I will get married on Dec.18th,2009 and apply for my passport 10 days after receiving the Marriage Certificate.

I want to thank everyone for posting their info. It made this Journey much easier.

Anyone Know which is quicker Getting a PIO card or Just going and getting a Indian Visa???

8-15-09 check cashed.
11-23-09 received Oath Letter. (notice date:11-17-09)
12-17-09 Taking Oath.

Congratulations.
An Indian Visa is usually granted the same day, PIO card takes 15 working days and OCI 30 working days. (Of course this is all Govt. of India time so plan accordingly).

Check out http://www.cgisf.org/ for more info...

Last edited by a moderator:
I received in the mail today the Interview letter; the Interview is scheduled for Friday, December 18th. I had planned to take a vacation outside the US from December 21st through January 5th (I have the plane tickets already). Even with these two weeks out of the country, I am still *well below* the permitted days allowed out of the country.

I'm somewhat worried because a couple of people posted that it is not a good idea to leave the country between the interview and the Oath. So I just called Customer Service to find out, and they told me that as long as I remain below the permitted number of days, I'll be fine. So, I don't understand why some forum members here are saying it's better not to leave the country between those two events... Please help!

I received in the mail today the Interview letter; the Interview is scheduled for Friday, December 18th. I had planned to take a vacation outside the US from December 21st through January 5th (I have the plane tickets already). Even with these two weeks out of the country, I am still *well below* the permitted days allowed out of the country.

I'm somewhat worried because a couple of people posted that it is not a good idea to leave the country between the interview and the Oath. So I just called Customer Service to find out, and they told me that as long as I remain below the permitted number of days, I'll be fine. So, I don't understand why some forum members here are saying it's better not to leave the country between those two events... Please help!

Because you may miss your Oath.

So, I don't understand why some forum members here are saying it's better not to leave the country between those two events... Please help!

Because you have to make arrangements' to have someone check your mail while you're gone and risk missing and having to reschedule oath for a later date. If you're ok with this, then it's not an issue for you.

Thank you so much ...

Congratulations.
An Indian Visa is usually granted the same day, PIO card takes 15 working days and OCI 30 working days. (Of course this is all Govt. of India time so plan accordingly).

I will def. check this out...

Oakland ASC Walk-In Fingerprinting

I did a Fingerprint walk-in today at Oakland.

Went in early in the morning and was told that there was no way they would take my fingerprints ahead of the actual FP date. (Looked around - the waiting room was full)

Begged and pleaded, and was finally asked to come back at 3 pm ('when things start slowing down'). I thanked the Supervisor and left.

Ended up returning at 2:25 pm to make sure I didn't get booted from my time slot. The place was empty (I mean there was not a single person waiting either in the waiting room or in the room upstairs where they actually take the fingerprints). I was done by 2:35pm.

As I came down the stairs, the waiting room had 10-15 people waiting again. (probably all for the 3 pm time slot)

Moral of the story - 8 am may not be the best time to show up for a walk-in...

Hi
Both me and my wife got interviewed on Nov 3rd and we both passed the interview. I got my oath letter on Nov 12th for oath on Nov 19th. But my wife hasn't got oath letter yet. It is just one day left for the oath ceremony. I am concerned because we had FP and Interview on same day and almost same time. Has anyone been in similar situation?
I tried calling USCIS but they say wait for 90 days to appeal.

What's the update?

We are in the same boat. My wife and I interviewed on 11/17 and were given the "recommended for approval"s. I got the OL on 11/20 for 12/17 but my wife hasn't yet. So far all our dates/times have been the same including the postal receipts. Planning on calling USCIS next week or taking her also to the OC in case the letter is lost in the mail. Has anyone been in a situation when there was a "recommended for approval" atfter the interview but received an RFE/denial? Really getting worried.

Aug 09 - N400 tracker

08/28/09(D11) : NOA Received
09/16/09(D30) : FP notice Received
09/26/09(D40) : FP Done
10/17/09(D61) : Case has been sent for a standard interview
10/17/09(D61) : Received IL
11/20/09(D95) : Interview Date @ 08:45 AM
11/20/09(D95) : Passed
11/28/09(D103): OL recieved for Dec 17 @01:45 PM
12/17/09(D122) : Oath (01:45 PM) )

So... how did it go?

Hanhan... and Suraj...

You guys had your interviews today I think? Hopefully all was "easy as pie." Post your experiences if you check in... My interview is next tuesday and I am very interested in how your experiences went. :)

Interview Experience

Hi All,

I had my interview today at 1:45 pm. I was called exactly at 1:45 pm( I was impressed to be honest). My female officer was really professional and to the point. She went through my application, made some adjustments as she was asking me questions. She was smiling all the time and told me that the 8 questions of the test (below) seemed to be quite little easy for me:

1- Name one war the US fought in 1900?
2- How many Representatives are in the House
3- Who is the father of the US
4- How long we elect a representative for
5- Who is the actual Chef of Justice
6- how many Judges in the supreme court
7- Sorry I forgot
8- Sorry I forgot

After, I signed the application, She said every thing looked perfect and I recommend you for approval. She gave me N-652 and congratulated me. She said an Oath letter is to be sent to you but she didn't believe it is going to happen in December. She said I believe you will have you Oath on January because a lot of people are still waiting ahead of you. All of the Interview took 20 min exactly.

Any ways, thank you all and I guess good luck to every body who still in the process and keep in mind that the interview is the easiest thing of the immigration journey. Be yourself !!!

Congratulations hanhan....

I am excited for you. The journey is almost over! It sounds like everything was speedy and smooth. :)

m.

Interview Done

Folks,

I just had my interview in SF. Wanted to share my experience.
Interview time was 7:45am. Reached there around 7.30. Got called around 7.50. The lady asked me to swear if I'll tell the truth.

- Any changes to your application?
I said I took a trip outside the country. She asked for how long. I said 4 days. She said that's ok.

-Do you still live at this address?
yes.

-Any arrests, convictions, problems with the law?
no.

-Supported any groups other than those mentioned on your form?
no.

-What is one promise you make when you become a citizen?
That I'll uphold the laws of the land.

-Who's the current Governor of your state?
Mr Arnold Schwarzenneger

-What movement fought against racial discrimination?
Civil Rights Movement

Do you still work as a Computer Engineer?
yes

Excellent.. I'm recommending you for Citizenship.

This was followed by a few signatures. And then she asked me to show my GC, PP and DL. She didn't even look at it.

At the end she said "stay warm, it's cold out there"

I asked her if there's any possibility of getting the oath appointment for this month? She asked me whether I had any travel plans and to which I said no.
She then said the Oath scheduling is done by a different department.

And that was the end. The interview did not last more than 5 minutes (literally).

Here are some pertinent details regarding my process:

N400 sent to Phoenix 9/4/2009
FP notice for 10/08
I was goign to be out of twon on 10/08 so tried doing a walk-in at the Oakland center on 9/30. Was told the center did not take in walk-ins (even though the hall was empty)!

Next FP appt for 10/22 - done.
Received IL on 11/03
Interviewed on 12/04.
Waiting of OL.

Good Luck to everyone.