N-400 San Francisco timeline

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone receive an email update around 10-28 " Sent to "interview and Testing" and did not receive the IL as of today? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Interview

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone receive an email update around 10-28 " Sent to "interview and Testing" and did not receive the IL as of today? Please share your experience.

Thanks,
I would suggest you not get too hassled. It takes about 3 weeks to receive the interview letter after the FP. I got it in roughly 4 weeks.
I did my FP on 08/20/09 and got the Interview letter around the 20th of September. So relax. you will get it.

Boshika

we interviewed on10/26 and my wife recd her oath letter scheduled for 11/19. as of today, i am yet to recieve. not sure if i shd contact anyone?

I interviewed on October 26th, 2009 too, but have not received anything, did anyone who interviewed in the same time period receive their oath letter?

Boshika

I Interviewed on October 29th,2009, Received OL today for Nov 19th at 1:45 pm.

Received Oath letter today after 5 days of interview on Nov 19th 1:45 pm.

My Timeline update:

DO: San Francisco, CA
08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/24/09: Received Yellow Letter
08/28/09: FP Date
09/17/09: Online status updated to "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
09/18/09: Interview Letter Received
10/29/09: Interview (recommended for approval)
11/03/09: Oath Letter recieved
11/19/09: Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... that was fast!!!!

Tonight I received an email from USCIS with the following message...

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled.
You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview.

I am excited it is moving fast... I did not expect to see this status change for a few weeks based on others' timelines. I will keep you all updated as the process moves on so that others can have a timeline for what is happening in SFO office.

I am seeing on this forum that many people get IL immediately after this step while others have to wait for many weeks... hopefully my letter will arrive quickly :) But if not, I am happy to wait. The waiting will make success taste sweeter. LOL.

One question, soes anyone know how much notice in advance they give you for the interviews?

Good luck everyone. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview is over yesterday.
My time lines are as follows.
08-10-09 - sent the application
09-15-09 - FP appoint ment date, done FP.
10-07-09 - IL
11-03-09 - Interview (completed).
OL?

HanHan,

My n400 timeline is same as yours and I have not received my IL yet. I will keep you posted once I receive the IL

N-400: Sent 09-21-09 Arizona LockBox by FedEx
N-400: Received 09-22-09
N-400: Check Cleared 09-28-09
N-400: NOA Date 09-25-09
N-400: NOA Received 09-30-09
N-400: Received FP Notice 10-05-09
N-400: FP Done 10-13-09 Walk In
N-400: FP Date 10-24-09
N-400: 10-26-2009 recd a Message "Your application has been transferred..."

Thanks...

FremontCAUser... Thank you for the info. I will keep my fingers crossed that I am not travelling... because I don't want to delay the process so I will fly back just for the interview if I had to.

good luck everyone else.

Mohu,
Travelling overseas before the interview is no problem. However after the interview and before the oath - travelling overseas is not a good idea at all.

Travel is only in US...

I have to travel for work to New York for all of December and part of January... so if I get interview date in December or January I will take a nice cheap JetBlue flight to come back to SF for interview...

Luckily I don't have to go overseas till February and March.

Thanks again FremontCAUser. :)

Upcoming Oath ceremonies at Masonic Center

Thursday, November 5th, 2009

Homeland Security-Swearing in Ceremony

Thursday, November 19th, 2009

Thursday, December 17th, 2009

oath ceremony documents

I have a few questions related to the oath ceremony, particularly for those who completed theirs on Oct 30th.
- Are these 2 documents sufficient for the oath ceremony: Green card and oath ceremony invitation letter? My letter indicates checkmarks for other documents to be produced such as re-entry permits or refugee documents (do not have), and any other immigration documents (don't think I have anything anymore)

- Can anybody share their experience with respect to guests? Were there any problems related to accommodating guests?

- How long did the ceremony last?

- Lastly, what documents do you need to take to the post office for passport application, is a copy of the naturalization certificate enough?

thanks in advance,
Pat

From what i have read in the forum is , you have to send your ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE.

When you get your newly passport back, along with it you receive some letter stating that your naturalization certificate will be sent seperately.

You can keep a copy for your reference purposes.

Guys, hope what i have said is correct?? Correct me if i am wrong !

Thanks suraj73

Thanks a lot Suraj73for your responce, I will keep you posted too!!

HanHan,

My n400 timeline is same as yours and I have not received my IL yet. I will keep you posted once I receive the IL

N-400: Sent 09-21-09 Arizona LockBox by FedEx
N-400: Received 09-22-09
N-400: Check Cleared 09-28-09
N-400: NOA Date 09-25-09
N-400: NOA Received 09-30-09
N-400: Received FP Notice 10-05-09
N-400: FP Done 10-13-09 Walk In
N-400: FP Date 10-24-09
N-400: 10-26-2009 recd a Message "Your application has been transferred..."

Green card and oath ceremony invitation letter are enough. Fill out the form on the back side of the invitation letter.

I didn't see any problems accommodating guests.

The ceremony started 15 minutes late and took around 1 hour 15 minutes + wait time to apply for the passport. Passport applications are accepted in the lobby after the ceremony.

You need to submit the original Naturalization certificate with the passport application. Remember to sign it. It is returned in a separate envelope later. A copy of Naturalization certificate is also required as per the instruction on http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html. Take a copy of the DMV license as some postal employees may ask for it.

I have a few questions related to the oath ceremony, particularly for those who completed theirs on Oct 30th.
- Are these 2 documents sufficient for the oath ceremony: Green card and oath ceremony invitation letter? My letter indicates checkmarks for other documents to be produced such as re-entry permits or refugee documents (do not have), and any other immigration documents (don't think I have anything anymore)

- Can anybody share their experience with respect to guests? Were there any problems related to accommodating guests?

- How long did the ceremony last?

- Lastly, what documents do you need to take to the post office for passport application, is a copy of the naturalization certificate enough?

thanks in advance,
Pat

Everything Paisa said expect that I applied at the Post Office at 150 Sutter Street in SF and did not need to include photocopies of my Cert and/or DL with my PP Application.