N-400 San Francisco timeline

it is not formality/DD which is the cause of delay in SFO, it is because they do not have any oath scheduled after 9/23. many people who did interviews in sept are waiting for oath letter. May be some funding issue, may be masonic and paramount are too expensive locations. jdk1245 mentioned IO telling there may be one oath on 10/22. but I do not see any one masonic/paramount calendars. If there is really one oath ceremony in october, I am hoping bunch of sept. candidates get into that, so the rest of the people can hope theirs in nov.

IO went through the entire application with a comb, mildly chastened me for not disclosing traffic tickets in the original application form, but in the end recommended me for naturaliztion.
She said that I can expect the oath letter within the next two months. I am assuming that that timeframe is required for some sort of formality/due diligence that they need to complete on their end. My question is that in places like VA and MD, they get an option to do the oath the same day. How come no due diligence is required there?

nope, I am 10 days behind you in interview- I am waiting for some one to break good news regarding october oath. even if they hold one oath in October, I can hope mine will be in November (My ID: 9/28)

When I was at interview,IO said ther will be two oath in Oct.So I think most people who got interviwed at Sept will have oath letter for Oct.

We might have same oath day.

Hi,

On October 3rd, I received an online message from the USCIS website saying that they sent me an REF ( Request of Evidence ) for my N-400 application but I only received the FP notice on the 5th. Is that Common? Is FP the same as Request of Evidence? If you have any knowledge please let me know?

Thanks in advance

We were in the same boat and had posted the same question. Online case status said an RFE was sent but what was recd. was the FP appt. letter.

Hi dream-flyer,

let us hope so. thanks.

what your IO told was status as of 9/19, when they were hoping for 2 oaths in oct. But when I interviewed on 9/28, things changed and it was surely the dates were not set for oct.
I have been following masonic calendar since august.
1st and 3rd wednsdays every month. about 1400 attending each.
there were oath ceremonies on 8/5, 8/26, 9/9, 9/23.
but we know there was none on 10/7, otherwise yours would have been in that, as 9/23 was too early for you.

When I was at interview,IO said ther will be two oath in Oct.So I think most people who got interviwed at Sept will have oath letter for Oct.

We might have same oath day.

Oath Ceremony in October/November,09

I like to know if any one got oath ceremony scheduled for October/November in San Francisco. I appreciate if you post the dates for October and November,09.

How did you figure out the walk-in part? I applied on sep 21 and my FP date is same as yours - Oct 21. I'd be interested in knowing your interview date as well. We should monitor each other's timelines.

Appreciate your help in figuring out the walk-in part. Did you call them and ask if you could walk-in? Or just took your chances on 10/09?

Hi,

Just updating my Status with N-400.. Does anyone have filed in September too?

Mohanp,

thanks for the reply..you just go there any time you want and show them your appointment letter and they do not even ask you any questions , they will take your fingerprints right away.. Of course if there is a line you will be waiting longer other than that you should go anythime you want .. and yes please let keep monitor each other times, and finally, did you receive an omnline update request for more evidence but you just received the finger print apppointment instead? Let me know.

Thanks HanHan. Yes, I received an RFE request, and it turned out to be just the FP notice. I'll take your advise and just walk-in and see what they say.

Mohanp,

thanks for the reply..you just go there any time you want and show them your appointment letter and they do not even ask you any questions , they will take your fingerprints right away.. Of course if there is a line you will be waiting longer other than that you should go anythime you want .. and yes please let keep monitor each other times, and finally, did you receive an omnline update request for more evidence but you just received the finger print apppointment instead? Let me know.

I had my interview done on 10/07.
Has anyone received the Oath letter for October?

I am waiting for a oath letter too I will update as soon as I receive the letter, please do the same. What I learned from this forum the oath ceremonies usually take place in first and third Wednesday of a month.

If folks like Sudha1999 have been waiting for almost 2 months, then folks like us (Interview 10/6) will probably be getting OL's early next year :(

It's pretty clear that oaths in SF have ceased since Sep 23 when the last one was held at Masonic Center

From recent posts it's also clear that no IO in SF is truly aware of what's going on re: when/where the next batch of oaths will be held.

Very frustating.....

If folks like Sudha1999 have been waiting for almost 2 months, then folks like us (Interview 10/6) will probably be getting OL's early next year :(

It's pretty clear that oaths in SF have ceased since Sep 23 when the last one was held at Masonic Center

From recent posts it's also clear that no IO in SF is truly aware of what's going on re: when/where the next batch of oaths will be held.

Very frustating.....

Wong561hb,

I had to wait a little longer than others due to discrepancies in my previous year tax returns and name change process otherwise I would have got oath letter earlier than anticipated. I paid IRS tax dues now and hopefully I will get oath letter soon and will keep update.

Just updating status in signature....

I feel like it took a long time for the check to clear... but hey... as long as the ball is rolling. :) Impatient and nervous and excited all at once.

Received oath ceremony notice

My husband just received his OL today. The oath ceremony date is Oct 30th. It will be held in Masonic center SF. His interview date was Sept 24th.

My husband just received his OL today. The oath ceremony date is Oct 30th. It will be held in Masonic center SF. His interview date was Sept 24th.

Thanks for update. Can you let me know what time is mentioned for oath ceremony. Is it in the morning or afternoon?

Do not see this event in Masonic Center's Calendar yet...

I heard from one of my friend that you can schedule a personal oath in any court.. Is that true?