N-400 San Francisco timeline

Any one got oath letter 1 week before Oath Ceremony

My wife received oath letter (oath ceremony on 10/30/09 at 1:45). I have not received. Are there any chances I will get the oath letter atleast one week or a few days before the ceremony.

BTW, are we allowed to bring guests to the Oath Ceremony in SF? If so, are the guests expected to arrive at the same time as the applicants i.e. 1:45pm in this case. I've got some friends interested in attending and wanted to seek the advice of this group - thank you!

Hi df,
got it today.
we know online status not updated at all for n-400 cases,
but looks like even the internal database (which IOs can access) is also some times not updated, that is why the IO who answered my call did not have a clue whether or when the OL was sent.
thanks for encouragement. any positive opinion works for better.

Hi,Yello:

Sorry to hear that.But I think there still one more week before they stop sending out the letter,so you might get the letter this week.

My wife received oath letter (oath ceremony on 10/30/09 at 1:45). I have not received. Are there any chances I will get the oath letter atleast one week or a few days before the ceremony.

I have to say yes. Because I did not receive OL, I called uscis and 2nd level IO even told me no oath letter was sent for me, but today I got it. So, hope is there and they are still mailing. I am now positive that all pending cases will be sent OL.

Update....

Updating status in signature... and two questions for the group...

1) Is the "Request for Evidence" usually the fingerprint appointment letter?

2) What is the consensus on fingerprint appointment? Does doing a walk-in speed up the process? and if so, what is the best process? I have heard that some people are turned away from walk-in and told to return on appointment date? What is your experience?

Thanks all.

Hi Mohu,

Yes, Request of Evidence is indeed you FP letter and also I have done a walk in on October 9th while my FP was on 10-21. I had no problem with walk in in fact no one has asked me any questions. Although walk in could be helpful but has nothing to do with speeding the process, your case is will be processed in time.

Updating status in signature... and two questions for the group...

1) Is the "Request for Evidence" usually the fingerprint appointment letter?

2) What is the consensus on fingerprint appointment? Does doing a walk-in speed up the process? and if so, what is the best process? I have heard that some people are turned away from walk-in and told to return on appointment date? What is your experience?

Thanks all.

Hi df,
got it today.
but looks like even the internal database (which IOs can access) is also some times not updated, that is why the IO who answered my call did not have a clue whether or when the OL was sent.

Congrat!

Thank You Hanhan...

I am always nervous when they say "Evidence"... makes it sound like a major court case :)

Yellogem,

Can you tell me which number you called and what options you picked to be able to talk to an actual IO to get the status of a case? I have tried a few times, but it's been hard to get to talk to an actual person.

Thanks in advance.

Fredthered.

Hi df,
got it today.

Very interesting.. got OL for Nov 5th at Masonic

My interview date was 10/7. So I guess a second ceremony is being scheduled due to the backlog. Those who haven't received it yet, please don't lose heart. You will have the privilege of taking the ceremony with me :) on the 5th..

Congrats pat999....better late than never. Now, can someone confirm we can bring guests to the Oath Ceremony please ??

Congrats pat999....better late than never. Now, can someone confirm we can bring guests to the Oath Ceremony please ??

Wong,

You can bring as many guests as you want. But they are not allowed to sit with you. Guests sit in the second floor back of the auditorium. Give them your camera and ask them to take a pic from there. Its pretty dark there but I saw a lot of people waving their hands at their folks on the second floor to take a pic.

Got an Oath Letter on November 5th 1:45 at San Francisco

Great News!!! I hope I will get the oath letter for November 5th if I do not get it for October 30th. In either case I will keep posted. Thanks for sharing the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE issued on 10/19, assuming it is FP notice:
1. Can I walk-in to San Jose office and do the FP there?
2. How to do the preparation for interview questions? Is there any website for US Civics, History etc. questions.