N-400 San Francisco timeline

Hi,

I got traffic ticket (speeding) 3.5 years ago. I do not have the docket number or cancelled check. How do I get a proof that I paid for the ticket?

Thanks,

--------------------------

DO: San Francisco, CA

7/15/09: N400 Mailed AZ, Phoenix
7/16/09: Recipt Date/Priority Date
7/20/09: Notice Date
7/21/09: Check cashed
7/24/09: NOA received
7/27/09: FP notice date
7/30/09: FP notice received
7/31/09: FP Done (Walk-in), APPT Was (8/12)
9/21/09: IL Received
10/21/09: Interview

Completed Oath today

I completed my Oath Ceremony today 09/23/2009. My journey to citizen is over.

I am wishing good luck from bottom of my heart to everyone who is waiting for their citizenship.

For traffic violations where the fine was $500 or less and the violation was not alcohol or drug related nor did it cause bodily injury, no proof of payment is required.

Questions on FP

Folks, appreciate your inputs.
1) We live in Fremont. Does that come under the SF or SJ DO?
2) We have FP scheduled on 10/02 at the Oakland ASC. The Oakland ASC page seems to say "appointment only". For folks who did the walk-in FP, did you do it at the ASC or at the DO? Can we still do a walk-in at the ASC? If not, can we do it at SFO or SJ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks Wong561hb. I read in this forum some IOs asking for proof of payment of traffic tickets even when it did not involve DUI/Alcohol or bodily injury related. My tickets are less than 300 and not related with DUI/Alcocol or bodily injury.

An IO does have the right to request proof of payment even though N400 guidelines clearly state it's not required. IMO it's always best to cover all bases and go ahead and get the required proof.

You can do a walk-in as long as they can fit you into their time frame. I had a similar situation where my FP was scheduled to be done in Oakland. However, I was on my way to Minnesota and I did my FP two weeks earlier then the sceduled date at the Minnesota office instead of Oakland.
As for the first question I have no idea who has jurisdiction over the Fremont area.

Folks, appreciate your inputs.
1) We live in Fremont. Does that come under the SF or SJ DO?
2) We have FP scheduled on 10/02 at the Oakland ASC. The Oakland ASC page seems to say "appointment only". For folks who did the walk-in FP, did you do it at the ASC or at the DO? Can we still do a walk-in at the ASC? If not, can we do it at SFO or SJ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Fremont is under San Francisco. Thanks

Thanks

Ethio9, ap51672,

Thanks for your replies. From the USCIS site, I had seen that Fremont falls under SF but I was confused since SJ is much closer. Good to know that you can do a walk-in at a different office. I will try see if we can go to the SJ office (or if not, the SF one). Did you have to make an infopass?

No need to take infopass for FP. As long as other ASC allows , you can FP.

Ethio9, ap51672,

Thanks for your replies. From the USCIS site, I had seen that Fremont falls under SF but I was confused since SJ is much closer. Good to know that you can do a walk-in at a different office. I will try see if we can go to the SJ office (or if not, the SF one). Did you have to make an infopass?

No you don't need to do anything. Just walk-in to a location closes for you and give them your appointment paper and they'll take care of you. They may put you in the back of the line since that location was not where your original appointment place. However, they'll do the FP because all the offices use an identical FP system. Good Luck.

Thanks

No you don't need to do anything. Just walk-in to a location closes for you and give them your appointment paper and they'll take care of you. They may put you in the back of the line since that location was not where your original appointment place. However, they'll do the FP because all the offices use an identical FP system. Good Luck.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I have send my Application to Arizona via certified regular mail. The USCIS received the package on Sep 22nd. It has been almost a week and they didnt cash my check yet. Does any one know how long they usually take to cash a check?? Please advise. thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have send my Application to Arizona via certified regular mail. The USCIS received the package on Sep 22nd. It has been almost a week and they didnt cash my check yet. Does any one know how long they usually take to cash a check?? Please advise. thanks in advance.

Within 30 days of sending in application.

As anyone successully interviewed in SF and received an Oath Letter with an Oct date? I think many of us are curious as to the SF location for Oath Ceremonies for the month of October.......:confused:

Had interview yesterday

Had interview yesterday at SFO DO, IO told that the contract with the masonic center is over, and he does not have any update about next oath. That is why they did not even give me notice or packet whatever they give and passport application, which they normally give when you report at SFO DO 2nd floor reception.
Also IO asked to look carefully at the location address when the oath letter comes, because it may be paramount or masonic or some thing else, and may take 4-5 weeks.
One of friends who attended interview on 9/4, has not received oath letter yet. I showed his receipt to IO, he did a quick check and told me that his case "scheduled for oath". some how he missed september oath ceremony and next one is not known yet.

Waiting started :confused:

06/17/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
06/19/09 : N-400 recieved
06/22/09 : notice date
6/24/09 : Check Cashed
7/10/09 : FP Notice Received
7/29/09 : FP Date
8/28/09 : IL received
9/28/09 : ID Passed

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview yesterday at the SF DO and my IO told me that the October oath ceremony will be held at the Masonic Center. They did not have any dates scheduled yet.

Does anybody know if it's possible to take the oath in a different city? I'm trying to get my passport before the end of October and it doesn't look like the SF oath ceremony will happen any time soon. Thanks.