N-400 San Francisco timeline

Best to take BART in. Parking garages are plenty, but they are extremely cost prohibitive. If you choose to drive there is a parking lot on the corner of Sansome and Jackson.

Mailed my application today via FedEx - will keep everyone updated as and when I receive communication from USCIS. I did have a citation for Public Urination back in 2002, so will let everyone know if this comes up during the process as well.

DO: San Francisco
N400 Mailed: 6/24/09

DO: San Francisco, CA

6/16/09 N-400 Received
6/19/09 Check Cashed
6/17/09 Priority Date
6/24/09 NOA Received
6/30/09 FP Letter Received
7/14/09 FP Appointment

6/24/09: N400 mailed
6/26/09: N400 Received/Priority Date
6/29/09: NOA Date
6/30/09: Check Cashed
7/02/09: NOA Received

Materials Sent

07/03/2009: Mailed via Regular Mail
TBD: Priority Date
TBD: Date of Notice of Action
TBD: Date of Fingerprint Letter
TBD: Fingerprinted
TBD: Date of Interview Letter
TBD: Interview - Passed
TBD: Oath Letter Received
TBD: Oath - U.S. citizen
TBD: pp applied at the ceremony
TBD: PP received

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for Oath

Stiil waiting for my oath letter. My spouse got it.

Interview date: 06/22/09
Oath Date: 07/15/09 - Masonic center, SFO

Congratulations Kash777 - it's great to know SF has some flexibility and that they allowed your wife to interview as well.

I passed my interview today! The IO gave me the N-652 form, and told me to wait for the oath ceremony.

It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was a little worried because I had two 4-month trips but everything went well. I was surprised that she didn't ask for any tax transcripts, or bank statements etc. She asked for my passport, green card and ID. All in all, it lasted about 15/20 minutes. I am closer to the end of my journey, hopefully it will be over soon.

My civics questions were:

What is freedom of religion?
When was the constitution written?
What ocean is on the east coast of the US?
How many senators are there?
When do all men register for selective service system?
Name one state that borders Canada.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Hi Friscodude,
When were your 4-month trips held? I have 2 absences in the middle of my filing process (2 weeks followed by a 2 week stay in the US, and then a 4 week absence till I return for the interview). Hope that will not be a problem.
Thanks

My timeline so far:

Filed: April 20
FP: June 3
Interview date: July 30

Oath Ceremony

After some delay I'm finally scheduled on August 5th for my oath, for anyone done with the ceremony, quick question, what if i traveled out of the country for a week after my interview, i have to answer yes on the oath letter, will they look at my case again and delay it???

After some delay I'm finally scheduled on August 5th for my oath, for anyone done with the ceremony, quick question, what if i traveled out of the country for a week after my interview, i have to answer yes on the oath letter, will they look at my case again and delay it???

1 week of travel is not an issue.

6/24/09: N400 mailed
6/26/09: N400 Received/Priority Date
6/29/09: NOA Date
6/30/09: Check Cashed
7/02/09: NOA Received
7/08/09: FP Notice Date
7/13/09: FP Notice Received
7/22/09: FP Date

No Oath Letter Yet

folks I have been waiting for oath letter but have not Received any letter so far......
I have following question :-
1. did anyone with the Interview date on or after 06/30/09 have Received oath letter?

2. what is the typical date range of that people (90% of SF n-400 cases) have received oath after the interview?
I understand I was told I will be getting the letter in 4-6 week... :)

3. My case status online says "•your case information is incomplete within case status online."
so what should I do to get the status information? and when and what action I should take for the delay in getting the oath letter.

After coming from office the first things I do is to check the mailbox for oath letter. I have been doing this since the beginning of this week.I am very anxious as I am planning to go out of country shortly. and I would be going for about 2-3 months.:confused:

appreciate any advise would be very helpful....

Cheers.

NOA 04/02/09
FP notice 04/11/09
FP Date 04/30/09
IL: 05/11/09
ID: 06/30/09 Passed!
OL: ??/??/??
OD: ??/??/??
PP: ??/??/??

Finallyhome-

My IL date - 07/06/09
San Francisco
Oath letter recied 07/13
Oath Date - 08/05 Masonic Center san francisco.

Status update: Oath Letter received

reporting progress.
Oath ceremony schedule for 08/05 - Masonic Center, San Francisco

Last edited by a moderator: