N-400 San Francisco timeline

Oath @ SF DO

My ID is 8/12/09. I see in this forum that there are some people scheduled for oath on 8/19/2009. Is there any likelihood that I may also be scheduled for the oath on 8/19 (only 7 days apart)?

1> If not, does anyone have any idea when is the next date of oath in SF, DO?

2> In case I get it for 8/19 and if I would like to reschedule it for a later day, what's the procedure?

3> Will the new date be immediately the next following day?

Thanks guys.

My ID is 8/12/09. I see in this forum that there are some people scheduled for oath on 8/19/2009. Is there any likelihood that I may also be scheduled for the oath on 8/19 (only 7 days apart)?

1> If not, does anyone have any idea when is the next date of oath in SF, DO?

2> In case I get it for 8/19 and if I would like to reschedule it for a later day, what's the procedure?

3> Will the new date be immediately the next following day?

Thanks guys.

It is unlikely that you will get your Oath very next week. But you will never know. You can always discuss with IO during the interview. My interview is also at SF on Aug. 12. I wish I get my oath on Aug. 19th. As far as the future oath I guess there has to be one on First Wednesday of Sep. From the forum I see there are two oaths per month in SF. One the first Wed and the other on third wed. This is the pattern I am seeing. But you never know with USCIS what is their actual plan.

Hope to see you on Aug. 12.
Good Luck

thanks...

good luck to you too...

It is unlikely that you will get your Oath very next week. But you will never know. You can always discuss with IO during the interview. My interview is also at SF on Aug. 12. I wish I get my oath on Aug. 19th. As far as the future oath I guess there has to be one on First Wednesday of Sep. From the forum I see there are two oaths per month in SF. One the first Wed and the other on third wed. This is the pattern I am seeing. But you never know with USCIS what is their actual plan.

Hope to see you on Aug. 12.
Good Luck

yay..... got future oaths for SFO

Hi Franciscans,

Here is the link for future oath ceremonies in Masonic center San francisco.

http://www.masonicauditorium.com/calendar/index.html

There are two OCs in September 9th and 23rd. My guess is right they do it only on Wednesdays. Hopefully I will get it done on Sept. 9th.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Atleast Franciscans can check this link periodically to get the future oath ceremonies.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
I passed my Interview today. I was called in at 9.50 AM (for 9.45 am Appmt.) and done by 9.55 AM. Straight forward case with only two trips to india. No arrest no charge etc...
I got a nice, very serious and respectful IO (old lady) asked me to take oath first and reviewed my application with me. She had a big file with piles of papers (My J1 H1b green card papers). She asked me where i work now and how long. I work as a scientist in one of bay areas top biotech companies. She said thats a great place to work and she knows a lot about that campany. She complimeted me saying "you guys do a great job in saving people's lives".

Ok the six questions were
1. One war faught in 1900
2. who is Chief Justice
3. House of representatives has how many voting members?
4. We elect representatives for how many years
5. When do we vote for president
6. who is father of usa

Reading. Who is George Washington
writing. Geoge Washington was the first president.

She looked so serious I did not ask her about taking oath next week. I will wait for the letter. Hopefully I will be scheduled for sep 9 ceremony.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their journey to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview at 8.10am this morning. I was called sharp at 8.10 and I was out of the building at 8.30am with my Oath Letter for 8/19/09. I did not want to take the oath myself on 8/19 as my husband is still waiting for his interview. I asked the officer if he can allow me to talk to my hubby (who was waiting for me in the waiting area) and confirm. The IO came out with me and I saw my husband standing right outside. I asked him in front of the IO and he said "of course, take it" he hugged me with excitement and the officer made a comment that you seem to be a very "happy couple" and asked me to wait for 5 minutes to take the oath letter. He also wished my husband "good luck" with his upcoming interview.

Couple of things to note:

- always carry a black pen for the interview. I had a blue ink open on me and had to borrow one from the IO (as he was nice to me, may be)

- don't keep the file/folder with your papers open in front of the IO. Some of them don't like it. My IO asked me to close it as he didn't want any paperwork from me.

Otherwise, my interview went very very smooth. I reached there with my husband at about 7.55am. Asked the security if they can allow my sweetheart with me. He said, he can, if he has his ID. We had our cell phones GPS device everything in our backpack and they checked them in without any problem. At the reception in the 2nd floor the girl took my IL and handed me over a Passport Form and asked me to wait to be called for the interview. As mentioned eralier, I was called sharp at 8.10 and after the swearing in etc. we straightway went to the business.. questions, writing and reading and quickly a simple question about my traffic ticket back in 2000 (i had mentioned it in my n400). That's it and then he asked me if I would like to be scheduled for 9/19 oath. I said, I could, but would like to do it together with my husband and if I can check with him (who's sitting outside)..

this forum has been quite informative and I would recommend every potential n400ers to really be a part of this forum and exchange their ideas.

Thanks everybody and good luck

6/24/09: N400 mailed
6/26/09: N400 Received/Priority Date
6/29/09: NOA Date
6/30/09: Check Cashed
7/02/09: NOA Received
7/08/09: FP Notice Date
7/13/09: FP Notice Received
7/22/09: FP Date
8/13/09: CFR Date
8/17/09: CFR Received

My Timeline

DO: San Francisco, CA

7/15/09: N400 Mailed AZ, Phoenix
7/16/09: Recipt Date/Priority Date
7/20/09: Notice Date
7/21/09: Check cashed
7/24/09: NOA received
7/27/09: FP notice date
7/30/09: FP notice received
7/31/09: FP Done (Walk-in), APPT Was (8/12)

Oath Scheduled

Called USCIS and spoke to second level IO. My Oath letter was mailed on monday and oath is scheduled for 09.09.09 1.45 pm.

Called USCIS and spoke to second level IO. My Oath letter was mailed on monday and oath is scheduled for 09.09.09 1.45 pm.

how do you speak to a second level IO? is he like a supervisor? i been trying to get help and all they say is wait 90 days.

thanks

how do you speak to a second level IO? is he like a supervisor? i been trying to get help and all they say is wait 90 days.

thanks

just call 1800 no. cheoose option 1 , 2 and then 3. you will be directed to cust. ser. rep. Ask him/her to transfer to second level IO. sometimes they will not tranfer so try to call again. Sometimes even the second level IO will not give you any information and give standard answer like wait 90 days. You have to keep trying. I was trying from monday and finally I hit a nice officer today. She gave me all the info. Have your A # handy. Are you waiting for oath letter?

My Timeline

08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/28/09: FP Date
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter Received
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date Passed
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter recieved
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date

just call 1800 no. cheoose option 1 , 2 and then 3. you will be directed to cust. ser. rep. Ask him/her to transfer to second level IO. sometimes they will not tranfer so try to call again. Sometimes even the second level IO will not give you any information and give standard answer like wait 90 days. You have to keep trying. I was trying from monday and finally I hit a nice officer today. She gave me all the info. Have your A # handy. Are you waiting for oath letter?

Yes, i had my interview on july 16th and nothing since.

What is CFR?

People here talk about CFR date. What CFR means?

---------------------------------------------------

People here talk about CFR date. What CFR means?

---------------------------------------------------

It is called case file review letter. USCIS randomly sends these letters to filers to have some documents ready for interview. People call it as yellow letter. I am not sure if it looks yellow color because I have never recieved one. If you get yellow letter it means you are going to get interview letter soon.

As I understand it if you answer Yes to the question about ever being arrested, detained or cited, you will automatically receive a CFR notice prior to the actual Interview letter. However, in some cases even those who answered No to the question have received the CFR Notice.

Thanks

SFO2009, Wong561hb - Thanks much. I have done FP 21 days ago, I have not got the interview letter yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SFO2009, Wong561hb - Thanks much. I have done FP 21 days ago, I have not got the interview letter yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call USCIS and find out if you are really eager. I called 10 days after my FP and came to know that my interview is on Aug. 12.