N-400 San Francisco timeline

Calling USCIS

I called USCIS. But the first level rep told me that it could take upto 6 months. I did nott know what to tell him to get the second level rep, So, I ended up saying fine

------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO: San Francisco, CA

7/15/09: N400 Mailed AZ, Phoenix
7/16/09: Recipt Date/Priority Date
7/20/09: Notice Date
7/21/09: Check cashed
7/24/09: NOA received
7/27/09: FP notice date
7/30/09: FP notice received
7/31/09: FP Done (Walk-in), APPT Was (8/12)

I did finger printing 24 days ago and have not got the interview letter yet. I called USCIS and got the second level IO.

She told me that "my case is placed in the queue for scheduling the interview on Aug 6 th. But the actual interview is not scheduled yet and it could take from 30 to 90 days to schedule the interview"

Does it mean that I will get the interview letter soon?
Does it mean that my FBI checks are complete?

Yeah, if she's told you you're in queue then I would expect to see something in the mail very shortly. However, there are several posts on this forum from people who've called to speak to IO's and each time they've been given a different answer. I don't bank on anything until you see it in the mail...just be patient....I did my FP a week after you did and I am also still waiting

Seems USCIS is also having some lay offs and they do not have adequate staff to process our cases. I did my FP on 08/05 and still waiting for IL.

Seems USCIS is also having some lay offs and they do not have adequate staff to process our cases. I did my FP on 08/05 and still waiting for IL.
People come up with all kinds of unfounded conclusions while impatiently waiting for their IL to arrive..considering it's only been 3 weeks since your FP, you need to give it another few weeks before you start worrying about your IL.

Yes. you are right, but seeing the trend here I was expecting something quicker. But it seems people who filed in lat june and July are not receiving their IL, which shows either IOs are not working on cases or a massive lay off has happend in USCIS. We do not have any other option except wait and watch.

Interview Passed...

I had my interview today; everything went smooth and I passed. After the interview, they handed over the invitation letter for the oath ceremony on 9/9, which was a pleasant surprize!!

My appointment was at 9:00am; I checked in at 8:30am; I was called by the officer at 9:25am. Below was the interview process:
- Officer asked me to swear in
- He went through the application
- Verified the name, address, job etc
- Asked various questions from the application. He asked me about speeding tickets, even though I answered NO to the citation question on the application. I told him I have received speeding tickets which I had paid up. He asked me when did I receive the last ticket, I told him it was 2002 and he moved on with the application
- He asked if I was carrying the birth certificate of my son; I told him unfortunately no; but he was ok.
- He asked for my marriage certificate, fortunately I did have a copy, which I gave and he retained for his records
- He took the English test
- He took the civic test:
- What is an amendment?
- Who signs the bills to make them into laws?
- What is the supreme law of land?
- What is the capital of CA?
- Whom do you pledge your aligiance to when you seek citizenship?
- Whom did US fight in WW II?
- He congratulated me, gave an approval letter and asked me to wait outside so that they can give me the invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

They came out in 15mins to hand over the oath invitation letter for 9/9.

Thanks much for all the help; it helped me prepare for the interview. I think, I took the interview process lightly, but my recommendation would be to collect thorough documentation including, marriage certificate, birth certificates, tax papers etc, as the officer may randomly ask for such documents and last thing you would want is to delay the application because of some silly reason. Good luck to everyone waiting for interviews.

Congrats swind !!!!

7/03/09: N400 Mailed Phoenix lockbox
7/06/09: N-400 Received ,Priority date
7/13/09: FP notice received
8/04/09: FP appointment date
8/07/09: FP walk in
00/00/09: IL received
00/00/09: ID - Approved
00/00/09: Oath Ceremony

I had my interview today; everything went smooth and I passed. After the interview, they handed over the invitation letter for the oath ceremony on 9/9, which was a pleasant surprize!!

My appointment was at 9:00am; I checked in at 8:30am; I was called by the officer at 9:25am. Below was the interview process:
- Officer asked me to swear in
- Verified the name, address, job etc
- Asked various questions from the application. He asked me about speeding tickets, even though I answered NO to the citation question on the application. I told him I have received speeding tickets which I had paid up. He asked me when did I receive the last ticket, I told him it was 2002 and he moved on with the application
- He asked if I was carrying the birth certificate of my son; I told him unfortunately no; but he was ok.
- He asked for my marriage certificate, fortunately I did have a copy, which I gave and he retained for his records
- He took the English test
- What is an amendment?
- Who signs the bills to make them into laws?
- What is the supreme law of land?
- What is the capital of CA?
- Whom do you pledge your aligiance to when you seek citizenship?
- Whom did US fight in WW II?
- He congratulated me, gave an approval letter and asked me to wait outside so that they can give me the invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

Thanks much for all the help; it helped me prepare for the interview. I think, I took the interview process lightly, but my recommendation would be to collect thorough documentation including, marriage certificate, birth certificates, tax papers etc, as the officer may randomly ask for such documents and last thing you would want is to delay the application because of some silly reason. Good luck to everyone waiting for interviews.

Congrats and see you on 9.9.9

Self Employment

Hi,

I got my GC through a big bay area company. I quit that company using AC21 and joined another company with simliar job profile. I quit this company 1 year after getting my GC and started independent consulting (self employed on 1099).

Will this cause any problem in Citisenship interview.

Thanks

My wife had interview today; everything went smooth and she passed. after the interview, they handed over the invitation letter for the oath ceremony on 9/9,which was expected.

Her appointment was at 2:30pm; She checked in at 2:00pm; She was called by the officer at 2:35pm. Below was the interview process:
- Officer asked her to swear in
- Verified the name, address etc
- Asked various questions from the application
-Asked for Green Card , DL, old & new passport

- He took the English test :
Writing: Washington is the capital.

-What did the declaration of independence do?
-Name one branch or part of the government?
-we elect a U.S. senator for how many years?
-what does the president’s cabinet do?
-How many justices are on the supreme court?
-what is the capital of united states?
-when do we celebrate independence day?
-If both the president & vice president can no longer serve who becomes president?

- He congratulated her, gave an approval letter and asked her to wait outside so that they can give her the invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

6/08/09: Priority date
6/11/09: Check cashed
6/15/09: NOA received
6/20/09: FP notice received
7/01/09: FP appointment date
6/23/09: FP walk in
7/06/09: IL received
8/31/09: ID -Approved
09/09/09:Oath

Hi,

I got my interview letter today.

I did my fingerprints on Saturday, 8/15/09

My interview appointment is for Wednesday, 10/7/09

I noticed here there were some delays. Good luck!

6/24/09: N400 mailed
6/26/09: N400 Received/Priority Date
6/29/09: NOA Date
6/30/09: Check Cashed
7/02/09: NOA Received
7/08/09: FP Notice Date
7/13/09: FP Notice Received
7/22/09: FP Date
8/13/09: CFR Notice Date
8/17/09: CFR Notice Received
8/28/09: IL Date
8/31/09: IL Received
10/6/09: Interview Date

Congratulations to JDk1245 and wong561nb.

jdk1245, can you please post your timeline

My Timeline update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/28/09: FP Date
08/24/09: Received Yellow Letter
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter Received
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date Passed
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter recieved
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date

My Timeline
07/27/09 Mailed N-400
07/30/09 NOA
08/13/09 Received FP notice
08/20/09 FP done(called FBI, said FP report sent back the same day)
09/01/09: Called 800 number to find out the status, the 2nd level rep said file in queue for an interview can take upto 3 months to get an interview date.
Will post when I get my ID letter

my timeline

6/26/09: N400 mailed
6/30/09: N400 Priority Date
7/23/09: Fingerprints Date (couldn't make this date, so got another appt)
8/15/09: Fingerprints Date (did fingerprints)
8/28/09: Interview Letter Date
8/31/09: Interview Letter Received
10/7/09: Interview Date

It seems like my timeline would be the same even without the delay in my fingerprints as I see someone above me that has a similar timeline and his/her interview date is 10/6 one day before mine.

Anyway, this forum has been great in sort of timing my business trips. Thanks to all!

Question: what is a CFR? I didn't get that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to JDk1245 and wong561nb.

jdk1245, can you please post your timeline

Where was your FP notice for? and where did you do your FP?