N-400 San Francisco timeline

thank you Nubez08

2-3 weeks for oath letter, 5-6 weeks for oath -- both from the interview date -- I will be waiting.

My wife got inteview notice

I have just mailed my N400 on 3/14/2008, Check is cashed on 3/20/2008.
Got the receipt with Priority Date 3/18/2008.
Got Finger print notice, and is scheduled for 4/16/2008.

Hello,

My wife has received interview notice. Her interview is scheduled on 6/19. I still have not received mine.

Since both of us have filed it at the same time, I did not know if it is normal for one of them to get the interview notice and second one is still processing.

Let me know if I need to do anything to expedite my application.

Thanks and appreciate your response.

Hi Guys,
Anyone has changed their maiden name before the oath ceremony and passport comes thru ?
Need to know if it is easier to change the name after getting the passport in the maiden name or before or is it too late ?

thanks
tt tt

I believe we will receive oath letter in a couple of day. Maybe this Friday, Saturday, or next Monday.

There are twice oath ceremonies per month in S.F., one is on every second Tuesday, another is on fourth Tuesday. Usually they send letters twice every month also, one is around 15th and another is around 30th.

Check your mailbox tomorrow and this Saturday.

Received oath letters for both of us in the mail.
Interview 5/16
Oath letters mailed 5/28 , received 5/31.
Oath date : 6/24 SF Masonic center 9 am.

Had Interview today

I had my interview today at SF office, quite an experience :)
My interview was 3:05 PM, I was in my car 3:04 PM, GOING HOME :D
got there at 2:30, and was let in upstairs at 2:35, and after giving the sleepy receptionist my interview letter, she checked me in and gave me a passport application ???? and told to wait in section A, at 2:40 as I was moving places close to TV screen to watch elections coverage, the door opened and the officer called me in, very very quickly went through the application, had me singed my name on the pics, then had me write a sentence in English, asked me to name 4 of the first 13 states, then what privileges you get as us CITIZEN, and finally how long is the president full term. then he gave me the 652 form and asked if I have any question , which I had, I asked if I could add my middle name to the naturalization certificate, he said you should have told me earlier, because now we have to redo all the paperwork, I was like no no, don't worry about it, but he said this is the only time to do that or else I have to go to court to do it, so I added my middle name, and we updated the application accordingly and he had to sign in all the additions, he said it will take 5 weeks to get my oath notice, and just like that, I was out of there by2:55 PM.

at the begining I only wrote the old name (first and last), but then had to add the middle after I decided to include it.

Speeding ticket between interview and Oath

Hi, I have my oath ceremony in SFO on June 10th. In the oath letter, it asks if AFTER the date you were first interviewed "Have you been arrested, cited, charged etc etc... INCLUDING traffic violations" - Y/N.

Well, I got a speeding ticket after my interview was done - I'm going to say "Yes" in this question but does anybody know if there is any implication of that on receiving the naturalization certificate or taking the oath.

Would appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks.

Speeding Ticket

Hey guys,

Any insight on this ?

Thanks.

Hi, I have my oath ceremony in SFO on June 10th. In the oath letter, it asks if AFTER the date you were first interviewed "Have you been arrested, cited, charged etc etc... INCLUDING traffic violations" - Y/N.

Well, I got a speeding ticket after my interview was done - I'm going to say "Yes" in this question but does anybody know if there is any implication of that on receiving the naturalization certificate or taking the oath.

Thanks.

Thanks.
There's a very slight chance they may ask you to provide evidence of payment of your speeding ticket before taking the oath. At a minimum, they will ask you if you paid it yet and if not, why not.

All,

I have been a regular reader of this forum and I wanted to thank each one of you for providing valuable input for the entire Citizenship process.

I had my interview today at SFO (06/09/08) @ 8.45 am. I reached there around 8.15 am and there was plenty of parking space available in the streets (around Washington and Sansome Streets). Parked in the street and left my PDA, Belts etc in my car. No issues with Security and reached 2nd floor. The Receptionist asked for the Appointment letter and have me seated in section E. I waited for around 30 minutes and at around 9.00 am an Officer (Her name is Arlene) called me in. After the usual stuff about telling the truth etc, she asked about some of the details in N 400 form

-- About my family and Kids
-- Whether I am married only once
-- Rent or Own and how much is the Mortgage
-- Whether someone else other than my wife/ kids stay with me
-- Some Yes/ No questions related to any outstanding warrants, DUI, communist, etc

She also asked about my trips to India and Singapore mentioned in N400 and who do I work for. She asked me to sign my full name in 3 different places and write the first and last name in the 2 photographs I had sent them as part of N400 application.

Once that portion of the interview is completed, she started with English & civic test. She asked me to read a sentence and asked me to write " I bought a blue car today".

As far as the Civic test, she asked me 10 questions (from the list of 96 questions in the booklet). Answered all 10 of them correctly

-- Vice President of US
-- What is constitution
-- Can constitution be changed
-- What do we celebrate on July 4th
-- How many senators are there
-- Who is the head of the Judiciary branch
-- What is the color of the stripes in the US flag
-- What is the head of the City called
-- Who is the first president of US
-- Who did we fight during revolutionary war

Then she congratulated me and gave me the letter stating that my application is recommended for approval.

I told her about my travel trip in July and may not be in during Mid July, for which She mentioned that I will get the Oath Ceremony date in mail (late July or early August timeframe) and if I am not able to attend, I can get that rescheduled.

Overall, the entire interview took 15 to 20 minutes and it was pretty straight forward.

Thanks

Speeding ticket

Just an update on this - for the benefit of other folks. Went for the Oath ceremony this morning, had marked "Yes" in that question on the letter and the only thing officer made sure at the door was that the ticket was not DUI related. Since it was not, he let me proceed with taking the oath. BTW, I took the citation w/ me and showed him the same just to make sure :)

There's a very slight chance they may ask you to provide evidence of payment of your speeding ticket before taking the oath. At a minimum, they will ask you if you paid it yet and if not, why not.

Waiting 4 weeks for oath letter....

Hi,

Thanks for the great information everyone. It's been a big help!!

My husband passed his citizenship interview at San Francisco on May 20th. We still haven't received the oath letter. Anyone else in this boat? It seems most people have been receiving them within about 2 to 3 weeks...tomorrow it will be 4 weeks to the day since his test. No letter. This seems abnormally long judging from the others in this thread.

Anyone else from around that test date still waiting?

Hi,

Thanks for the great information everyone. It's been a big help!!

My husband passed his citizenship interview at San Francisco on May 20th. We still haven't received the oath letter. Anyone else in this boat? It seems most people have been receiving them within about 2 to 3 weeks...tomorrow it will be 4 weeks to the day since his test. No letter. This seems abnormally long judging from the others in this thread.

Anyone else from around that test date still waiting?

I'm in the same boat!:mad:

Passed interview on May 8th and still haven't received anything yet. My mum who interviewed on the same day have already gotten her oath letter for June 24th.

I've tried the infopass route and no luck, the officer in the USCIS in very unfriendly and not willing to help at all, he just simply ask me to wait 2 more months, saying up to 4 month is normal and there is nothing he can do~~:confused: