N-400 Posted : 01/30/06
N-400 Received by USCIS : 02/03/06
N-400 Priority Date : 02/03/06
N-400 Notice Date : 02/14/06
N-400 Check Withdraw : 02/15/06
FP Notice Date : 03/01/06
FP Date : 03/17/06

Lalihari said:
Did your Online Status Change, after you received your FP notice.
As you can see from my timeline, I received the first NOA on March 10th. Hence I knew of my case number on March 10th. And on March 10th, they mailed my second NOA for the FP. Hence when I first checked my case status online, the last update day was March 10th, but it had no mention of FP. It just stated that we have sent you a NOA for the receipt of the application and that the case might take anywhere from 350 to 450 days to process.
So I am inclined to believe, that the the date of last update might have been updated. First set to March 8th - for sending the receipt, second on March 10th - for the FP NOA. But the description of the status remaining the same.

another data point ..

anybody with an fp in feb - recvd. your interview letters ? please post.

--------------------------------------------------------

N-400 mailed : 10/18/2005
N-400 ND : 10/24/2005
FP Appointment : 11/29/2005
FP taken at Oakland on : 02/22/2006 *
Interview date : ???

----------------------------------------------------------
* Was out of the country - so requested to postpone FP date - new appointment was given for 01/22/2006 (or any wed after until sometime in april)

My N-400 experience in San Francisco

California Service Center, San Francisco DO

N-400 Posted : 10/22/2005
N-400 Received by USCIS : 10/24/2005
N-400 Priority Date : 10/24/2005
N-400 Notice Date : 11/04/2005
FP Notice Date : 11/14/2005
FP Date : 12/01/2005
Interview Notice Date: 01/20/2006
Interview Date: 03/14/2006
Oath Date: 03/21/2006

The interview went very smoothly. I showed up at 8:15am, the immigration officer asked me in at 8:25am. He was reserved but curteous, went over basic questions in the application (asked me whether I was a member of the Communist party three different times, but otherwise it was all basic stuff like address, employment, phone numbers, birth date, etc.). He gave me a sheet with 10 standard questions drawn out of the list of 100 civics questions, asked me to write a simple phrase, and then sign my name in cursive on the application and on the photos. After the interview, another clerk came out to give me the oath notice for a week later, in the morning.

In all, the process was very simple and smooth, it took around 5 months which is what I was expecting.

Interview Update and Oath Date

My interview was at 1301 Clay St, Oakland. (2.10 pm)

Reached there at about 1.45 pm. There were 3-4 other folks and
only 1-2 people came after that. Seems like Friday evening, they don't
schedule very many interviews in the evening..

Noticed an old Indian lady who was came out after discussing with the
officer and she was called again. The second time around, the officer, walked to the lady's husband and told him that since her wife's FP was not going through
due to her age or whatever, they requested a clearance from the local
police station for her and asked them to submit the same in person or by
mail within 1 month..The couple was visibly worried and upset as to what to
do when the immigration officer nicely explained them calmly that this happens
on many occassions for old folks whose FP doesn't get taken properly and not
to worry.

Anyway, at about 2.14 pm, the same officer called my name and before
I got seated asked to take the oath using the right hand. Asked me to get my DL, GC and Passports out. Verified all of them one after another.

Went thru very the entire application. Asked me if I preferred my middle
name in full and corrected the same on the application. Updated information
on my spouse's status since she was now USC instead of earlier on GC when we applied in Nov. 05. Went thru the travel dates and asked me the reason for each trip and wrote the same explanation next to the dates on the form. Asked about arrests - mentioned him about the traffic tix. Asked me specifically if there were any DUI, replied no..Wrote specifically No DUI near
the traffic tickets record..asked all the other standard questions - No/Yes answers from the form. In the meantime, he printed out some 2 papers.
Made me sign using full name on the application form and the photos. Told me about the photos - problem. I had already taken the 2x2 photos based on
my spouse's experience and handed him and signed on them. Made me write a sentence something like (I forgot..) - "I want /wish to be a U.S. citizen."

The first paper - had about 10 questions. The second paper had 2 sentences written on it. Started asking me questions one after another. Stopped asking me after the 6th question when I answered all other previous questions correctly. Made me read the 2 sentences on the second paper and mark my initials on that paper.

Had another paper with name, SSN, DOB, A# and I believe some few other
basic information. Made me mark my initials on that paper too.

That's it...I asked him if the FP had been cleared and he told me that yes everything was fine. Referring to the discussion he had with the couple outside, he told me that sometimes people are stuck in FP check and sometimes in name check.

He asked me if I was fine with the oath date of 4th April and I acknowledged the same. told me wait outside for sometime so that they can hand over the oath letter as well. Saw 2 other folks who probably finished the interview also sitting outside for the same- probably. Asked the officer about the N-65x - whatever they call - the interview results paper sheet..He told me that since I was getting the oath letter today he didn't see any need for providing that one..Didn't ask more in that case..

After about 20 minutes, a lady handed over the oath letter scheduled for 4th April - 9 am , Masonic Auditorium, SFO to all the three folks including myself..

The officer (who took the interview) and the lady (who handed over the oath letter) were extremely courteous and so was the admin person sitting in the front.

(Saw one Vietnamese Asian gentlemen - rougly in his 40-50's, who came
over and showed his paper to the front admin staff. The front admin staff kept on explaining him that he needs to send all the required documents to the address on the letter and that this office doesn't collect any papers but
that gentlemen had to be explained 6 times before he understood.. No wonder they run out of patience pretty soon..

yet another Chinese girl (20-25's) came there without her passport and
the female officer kept on explaining her that she would need the original passport and without that her chances of getting approved were slim but that girl didn't understand or I don't know - what, but kept on showing them - immigration folks the first 2-3 pages of her passport)

May be if I had to sit there for more than 1 hour, would have described many more real incidents...

tdesai said:
After about 20 minutes, a lady handed over the oath letter scheduled for 4th April - 9 am , Masonic Auditorium, SFO to all the three folks including myself..

CONGRATULATION! You're almost there :)

online status changed ...

online status changed yesterday to : not found ...
i suppose that indicates the interview letter is in the mail ? :cool:

-------------------------------------------

10/18/2005 : N-400 mailed
10/24/2005 : N-400 ND
11/29/2005 : FP Appointment
02/22/2006 : *FP submitted at Oakland
03/16/2006 : Online case status dissappeared
??/??/2006 : Interview date

----------------------------------------------------------
* Was out of the country - so requested to postpone FP date - new appointment was given for 01/22/2006 (or any wed after until sometime in april)

Interview Date : 03/17/06(App. Notice - Given in Person) Oath Notice Date: 03/17/06 (Given in person after interview) Oath Date: 04/04/06QUOTE said:
I had an interview on the same day at SF INS, but I was told my application is pending security check after the interview. So :mad: Any one has the samilar case for N-400 application? I really need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacramento timeline

This forum has been very helpful to me. I am returning the good deed by sharing my timelines with all members. I thank everybody in this site for sharing your tilmelines and experiences.

In all the process was simple and smooth. It took less than 4 months, and I am impressed :D

Good luck for everyone, and have faith! :)

-----------------
DO Sacramento
PD: 12/01/2005
FP: 01/17/2006
Int: 03/15/2006
Oath: 03/28/2006

My timeline

Here are my details:

California Service Center, San Francisco DO
N-400 Posted : 10/22/2005
N-400 Priority Date : 11/17/2005
Interview Date: 03/15/2006
Oath letter Received: 03/24/2006
Oath Date: 04/04/2006

Interview was straight forward, asked questions on N-400.

Just got my finger printing done at the SFO ASC. My appointment was at 10:00 am. I reached there by about 9:30 am. The receptionist checks your fingerprint notice + PR card + one more ID = Drivers license in my case. She had a good look at my hands too. She then asked me if I carried a cellphone, and I dont have one yet. In case I had it, I was to turn it off. I was handed another form, in which I had to note down my name, weight etc - exactly the same information that I had filled in in the FBI column of the N-400. I was given a token number, 48. Currently 45 was being processed. There were just about 4 parties waiting. My turn came in pretty quick (< 10 minutes). I was done with the finger printing in another 5 minutes, and was out of the building by about 9:50 am.

The people were extremely courteous, except the receptionist, who was not discourteous, but not very courteous as well, unlike the rest of the staff. There were about 7 to 10 fingerprinting booths, and each was done fingerprinting in abotu 5 minutes per person.

Inspite of what the notice states; "Due to limited seating ...", there is lot of seating available. Please do take your kids/family there :) At least do not worry about it, in case you have to have your family with you.

Its very convenient to get to this place by BART. Either Embarcadaro or Montgomery stations will do. Its about 10 minutes walk from these places. You can also walk to this place from the CalTrain station too, but it might take you about 35 to 45 minutes.

For people using car, I found lot of street parking available on Battery street. So if you are coming up via Sansome Street, get on Broadway and take Battery heading down.

While returning I saw the other INS building where the infopass and interviews are done. One of the entrances had 2 people waiting in line. The other entrance, had about 7 people waiting in line.

That is all the update that I have from CSC and ASC San Francisco.

Just Started

Ok so I just got started with the process.
Posted: 03/01/2006
USPS Receipt Date: 03/03/2006
NOA RD: 03/06/2006
NOA PD: 03/06/2006
NOA ND: 03/22/2006

Will keep everyone posted

Just Started

Ok so I just got started with the process.
California Service Center, San Francisco District Office
Posted: 03/01/2006
USPS Receipt Date: 03/03/2006
NOA RD: 03/06/2006
NOA PD: 03/06/2006
NOA ND: 03/22/2006

Will keep everyone posted

What is the difference between the District office and the CSC?

According to http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natzmap.asp?state=5 all applications should be sent to the CSC at Laguna Miguel for californian applications.

According to their website they are currently processing applications the receipt date of which is Sept 1, 2005. However I don't think that we should rely on this info.

As I understand it, the Service center is where the application is reviewed for completeness, logged into the system, check encashed, fingerprint notice issued and then the file is turned over the District Office. The DO is based on the county of the applicant. The DO then conducts the int. and adjudication as per their que.