N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Bumping the thread up.

Good SBA, that's what I am also doing here.

My interview is on 11/08/2007. So far no more pre or post-pones due to building construction at Hartford. Praying that it should be on the same date since I am leaving to India on 11/09/2007 for my marriage.

Good luck to all guys here !

Good Luck CTN400!

I'm waiting for mine on Nov 27th. I have a few Q's if anyone can help...

I've always parked in the empty lot next to the INS office, on the same side, where there is no attendant ever, and just got lucky, I guess... I have a queasy feeling that if I do that once again, my car will be towed this time!

What are your parking experiences and the best advice on where to park? My appt is at 1:00 PM, my wife's at 1:30 PM

Also, is the building just being renovated, or does the physical location actually change to some other building then?

I had taken my 2 kids along for FP, but am not sure if taking them along for the interview will be allowed. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Good Luck CTN400!

I'm waiting for mine on Nov 27th. I have a few Q's if anyone can help...

I've always parked in the empty lot next to the INS office, on the same side, where there is no attendant ever, and just got lucky, I guess... I have a queasy feeling that if I do that once again, my car will be towed this time!

What are your parking experiences and the best advice on where to park? My appt is at 1:00 PM, my wife's at 1:30 PM

Also, is the building just being renovated, or does the physical location actually change to some other building then?

I had taken my 2 kids along for FP, but am not sure if taking them along for the interview will be allowed. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Good luck to you too !

I think you should not take kids for naturalization interview.

Reg. parking there are plenty of spaces (metered parking) behind the USCIS office. But it was 5 years back when I went there for Green Card stamping. I don't know what is the situation now. People with recent naturalization interview can give up to date parking information.

About physical location of the building, DNIVRAB's friend can help us. DNIVRAB, can you please post this details ?

Hi Guys,
Regarding parking if your interview is at 450 main st. cross that balock (450 main st) and take left, there are metered parking and after that there is street parking(free not to worry about coins.) You can walk to back of USCIS building from there.

Good luck CT400 for both Interview and Marraige.

Good SBA, that's what I am also doing here.

My interview is on 11/08/2007. So far no more pre or post-pones due to building construction at Hartford. Praying that it should be on the same date since I am leaving to India on 11/09/2007 for my marriage.

Good luck to all guys here !

Congrats CTN Finally ur almost there... Just dropping by to say hi and hoooo.. good luck to ur future wedding..

Hi All

Based on the current trend, when can I expect my ID. I am planning to take vacation during the last week of Dec. Not sure if my ID will fall during those dates. The last info I have is for someone with PD around Feb 13th and ID on Dec 13th. My PD is Feb 21.

Rgds

Hi All

Based on the current trend, when can I expect my ID. I am planning to take vacation during the last week of Dec. Not sure if my ID will fall during those dates. The last info I have is for someone with PD around Feb 13th and ID on Dec 13th. My PD is Feb 21.

Rgds

SBA has PD on 2/7/2007 and ID on 12/12/2007. Your friend has PD on 02/13/2007 and ID on 12/13/2007. So, your ID could be between 12/17/2007 and 12/21/2007. Just prediction, that's all ! I will pray it should come before your vacation starts.

Congrats CTN Finally ur almost there... Just dropping by to say hi and hoooo.. good luck to ur future wedding..

Thanks Nhotskie ! What is your feeling after citizenship ? Did you get a chance to meet your parent who were sick or so ?

Hi Guys,
Regarding parking if your interview is at 450 main st. cross that balock (450 main st) and take left, there are metered parking and after that there is street parking(free not to worry about coins.) You can walk to back of USCIS building from there.

Good luck CT400 for both Interview and Marraige.

Where do you stand Meek1234 in your queries with congress persons / senators ???

Thanks Nhotskie ! What is your feeling after citizenship ? Did you get a chance to meet your parent who were sick or so ?

Yes CTN, it was a tears of joy during my visit back home everyone is surprised of my arrival.. My experience right now as a USC like in the airport i felt like high profile among others citizens in diffirent countries u will pass the immigration without delays.. but still, good thing to be humble... hehehe just a matter piece of paper..but of high importance..

SBA has PD on 2/7/2007 and ID on 12/12/2007. Your friend has PD on 02/13/2007 and ID on 12/13/2007. So, your ID could be between 12/17/2007 and 12/21/2007. Just prediction, that's all ! I will pray it should come before your vacation starts.

Does it mean that I will have only 3 weeks between IL and ID?

Does it mean that I will have only 3 weeks between IL and ID?

Around 4 weeks for you between IL and ID. You should get IL in the middle of this month, but your ID could be during the 3rd week of Dec. The justification for this is - you were on the edge of the last month's IL batch cut-off. That doesn't mean you lose dates for your ID.

Famous stock market quote - Past results may not produce the same for the future. It may be better or worse. So keep all your fingers crossed !

CTN400 : how was ur interview?

Thanks Meek1234 for asking!

It was a nice interview. The officer was so courteous and it was so interesting to talk to him. It started at 2PM and took almost 1 hour. I was admired couple of times for organizing all the files properly and he told me it would reduce his work a lot. I had all the photocopies that he wanted.

Mine was not a normal application, little complicated with a minor domestic violence with my ex-spouse and subsequent divorce. I had been arrested and charged (simple assault third degree and disorderly conduct), but not convicted. And this was the only bad remarks in my life. I told him that I regret on that incident and promised it would not be repeated.

Here is my experience. I reached at 1:30PM. Parked the car behind the building in one of the metered parkings. Handed over the IL to the reception. I was called at 2PM. He asked me to swear first. After that, reviewed the passports, green card and driver license. Then reviewed the entire N-400 application. I had 2 changes after the initial filing - 1) divorce finalized 2) criminal case disposed. During the review, I was asked virtually all the documents. Thanks to Johny Cash for an elaborate list of required documents. That helped me a lot.

Here is the list:
1) Passports
2) Driver License
3) Green Card
4) Last 5 years tax transcripts + all tax returns since 1999 + all W-2 since 1999
5) Divorce Decree
6) Criminal case disposition
7) Civil case disposition (landlord-tenant issue for a business premise)
8) DMV record and Speeding tickets (He commented to drive slow)
9) Protective Order to ex-spouse
10) Proof to support the minor child (court order + ex's affidavit to show no delinquency + wage garnishment)

Then started the civics questions. I had to get 6 corrects out of 10. He asked 6 questions and answered all correct, so stopped there. Then asked me to write "He has a daughter and he has a son".

Here are the questions:
1) How many stars are there on our flag ? 50
2) Who is the president of the U.S today ? George W Bush
3) Who becomes president if both president and vice president die ? Speaker of the House
4) Who was Martin Luther King Jr. ? Civil Rights Leader
5) Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence ? Thomas Jefferson
6) Name one benefit of being U.S citizen ? To get Federal Government job

Then wrote the full name on the photos and on the last page of N-400 application (last 2 sections)

Then he told me he would send a letter to my address about the decision (if RFE is there or not). I told him I am going to India for my marriage and will be back on Dec 4th. So he made sure I would get the letter accordingly. Normally, oath at Bridgeport happens at the end of each month, so if everything is fine, I would get oath in December end.

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow to India for my marriage. I expect oath letter at mail when I come back.

He asked me how did I meet my new spouse. How will I bring my new spouse to the U.S ? I told "after becoming" citizen, I need to process her K-3 visa. But forgot to tell him based on his "mercy" :)

Also, we had a general chat like why Hartford DO is slow. It is because of building renovation and tremendous increase of application before the fee increase. He told me, it used to take only 5 months for interview since PD, but now-a-days, it takes 10+ months. I just joked, applications would increase again because so many folks got Green Cards early 2000 period and they would be eligible now for citizenship.

Good luck to all you guys !!!

Last edited by a moderator: