N-400 Applications in December 2007-January 2008

Bobsmyth,

This is what i thought and i am going with my traveling plan. If i need to reschedule it while i am in overseas, i will use the 1800 or what number should i use?

You can call the 1-800 number to reschedule. There are also instructions on the FP notice itself on how to reschedule once you receive it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobsmyth,

Do you think it is wise to call the 1800 and asked'm to transfer me to the IO and ask him when my finger print will notice will be mail to me?

Bobsmyth,

Do you think it is wise to call the 1800 and asked'm to transfer me to the IO and ask him when my finger print will notice will be mail to me?

You can, but mot likely all they will tell you is that your file is in queue for a FP appointment and to check back again after 30 days.

Bobsmyth,

I just finished talking to an IO and i was glad i got through. After she verified the identy, she told me my receipt # but she told me i will not be to see the status online. I asked her about the FP, she said, on jan 3rd the requested a date for fp but she can't not tell me when it will be.

What do you think?

You can call the 1-800 number to reschedule. There are also instructions on the FP notice itself on how to reschedule once you receive it.

Most finger print notices now give you 60-90 days to conduct walk-ins on a designated day (such as on Wednesdays at my DO) if you should miss your finger printing appointment. For example, I was given until March 26, 2008 to complete my finger prints before my file would be considered abandoned.

I would recommend you go this route rather than rescheduling your appointment, as that would put you back at the their mercy in terms of waiting for a new notice to come out. They might just put you at the back of the line again and you'd have to wait all over again. I wouldn't personally want to do that.

Bobsmyth,

I just finished talking to an IO and i was glad i got through. After she verified the identy, she told me my receipt # but she told me i will not be to see the status online. I asked her about the FP, she said, on jan 3rd the requested a date for fp but she can't not tell me when it will be.

What do you think?

Sounds like your application is waiting for an available appointment date. They told me the same thing back in December right after I received NOA. As of now, I haven't received a FP appointment and was told (last week) to wait another 30 days to receive it before inquiring again.

How long are you planning to travel outside the country?

I am planning to travel for 3 months. By the way, the receipt number gave me starts with SSC and it is 12 digits only including the three letters.

I am planning to travel for 3 months. By the way, the receipt number gave me starts with SSC and it is 12 digits only including the three letters.

Insert an asterisk (*) between the 3 letters and the numbers (i.e., SSC*001234567), and that'll make 13 characters.

Most finger print notices now give you 60-90 days to conduct walk-ins on a designated day (such as on Wednesdays at my DO) if you should miss your finger printing appointment. For example, I was given until March 26, 2008 to complete my finger prints before my file would be considered abandoned.

I would recommend you go this route rather than rescheduling your appointment, as that would put you back at the their mercy in terms of waiting for a new notice to come out. They might just put you at the back of the line again and you'd have to wait all over again. I wouldn't personally want to do that.

LolaLi,

I will be giving 60-90 days from the appointment date to conduct walk- ins?

Received the Receipt

I just received the receipt yesterday. When do u think I will recieve the FP notice?

ND: Jan 8 2008
PD: Dec 18 2007

Your item was delivered at 5:48 AM on January 14, 2008 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 to INS . The item was signed for by M SALCEDO

I mailed using express mail.. Do they mail accept so early?

Considering that service centers receive a lot of correspondence, they probably have a special arrangement with the local post office to have everything delivered early.

How good is rescheduling FP?

I just found out that I got a FP notice today with a FP date of 1/26 at 1PM which is a saturday. One good thing is i don't have to get an excuse from work but the bad thing is i attend classes on saturdays in DC. I don't want to miss my classes and thinking of rescheduling the FP date provided it doesn't cause any additional delay..any thoughts? is it worth rescheduling ?

Just wanted to let everyone i received my NOA today. It has a notice date of Jan 7,2008 and priority date of Dec 27th,2007. There However is no mention of waiting for the FP notice it doeas However say that Expect to be notified of the date and place of interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 240 days of this notice.
Things are moving along now.

You don't see a receipt number on the check. You will see a number starting with SSC$00xxxxxx - which is the payment reference number. You will have to wait to receive the NOA to see your receipt number (and on the bottom LHS, you will see the payment reference number cross-referenced).

You don't see a receipt number on the check. You will see a number starting with SSC$00xxxxxx - which is the payment reference number. You will have to wait to receive the NOA to see your receipt number (and on the bottom LHS, you will see the payment reference number cross-referenced).

That's not entirely correct. Most times, the receipt number is written on the front of the check, as was the case with my cashed check. It would be a 10 character number, beginning with the letters VSC, LIN, SSC, or WSC, and followed by 7 digits. In order to make it a 13 character number, insert *00 between the letters and the digits. This has also been confirmed to me by an IO, as well as my actual NOA. However, there have been random cases where the receipt number was NOT written on the check. The best thing to do is look at the front of the check and see if something similar to what I described above appears.