N-400 Applications in December 2007-January 2008

Last year, when i went to remove condition on my green card, i had my FP taken and they are good for 15 months. So thats how i got thru the namecheck so quickly.

I am going for my Interview on March 17th, 2008 / Charlotte. :) I am wishing you all the luck and will pray for you all. Please send me prayers on the 17th

case status

Guys,
I did my FP last week.. but I am still getting this message online:
========
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.:confused:
========

Guys,
I did my FP last week.. but I am still getting this message online:
========
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.:confused:
========
No need to worry. The online update system hasn't been working for months.

fingerprint done yesterday how do i check if the fingerprint cleared? and does that mean the name check cleared too?

You can call USCIS to check on your FP check. However, you'll need to make sure you get transfered to an IO to get that information. The same goes for name check status..only an IO will be able to update you on its status.

Oh, well.....good news or bad news? :D

Talk with the IO on the phone, he said, "everything (background check, name check, finger print) is clear, and my application is in the queue for scheduling interview." And he continued explaining, "since my application is in the almost busiest office -Chicago, the interview would be scheduled 1 or 2 months after receiving the interview notice."

For what I see from the chicago applicant timeline post, the interview appointment are scheduled 2 & 1/2 months after receiving the interview notice.

I am looking at the interview could be conducted around mid-June. DANG!:mad:

Name check,
I just called USCIS, to know that status of my name check.
Spoke to very rude and recording like cutomer Rep and she refused to transfer me to IO saying that she doen't have the background info and since my case is still within normal time frame there is no justification for me to speak to an IO ???

Name check,
I just called USCIS, to know that status of my name check.
Spoke to very rude and recording like cutomer Rep and she refused to transfer me to IO saying that she doen't have the background info and since my case is still within normal time frame there is no justification for me to speak to an IO ???

Call back and give the rep a receipt number that doesn't appear online. They will not be able to find it in their system, so ask to escalate the call to an IO.

Vorpal
thanks,
I just called them back and after going through the options got throughto CSR who told me the standard (was actually reading the same messsage about your case was recieved etc,,) after few minutes of back and forth, I nicely requested that I be transfered to an IO, he said he will escalate my call to another CSR ?? and put me on hold, and 1 minute later I was sure connected to whom I think is an IO (don't know).
after asking for my info, she told me that my FP and name check were receieved quote "fairly quick" and then I asked her am I in queue for interview, she said something to the effect of yes, and she asked what is the closest office to me and I told her SF, then she looked it up and said that they are processing July 20 apps, and she seemed surprised by that and she actually said that I didn't think tha SF has so many apps.
finally I asked her, since the FP and name check are back should I assume that they are good "cleared" she laughed and said I don't know if they are "good" but they are recieved fairly quick on Feb 23rd.
she did mention though that they don't schedule interviews until everything is cleared.

I'm reposting under this link. I called USCIS Customer service today. The automated system told me that it could not find my case. I then spoke to customer service rep and she told me she could not find my case either, she transferred me to an immigration officer who told me I was placed in queue for an interview and I should recieve my interview letter any time in 30 - 90 days that is anytime from April to June..... Yippeeee!

No need to check my mail this month

Vorpal
thanks,
I just called them back and after going through the options got throughto CSR who told me the standard (was actually reading the same messsage about your case was recieved etc,,) after few minutes of back and forth, I nicely requested that I be transfered to an IO, he said he will escalate my call to another CSR ?? and put me on hold, and 1 minute later I was sure connected to whom I think is an IO (don't know).
after asking for my info, she told me that my FP and name check were receieved quote "fairly quick" and then I asked her am I in queue for interview, she said something to the effect of yes, and she asked what is the closest office to me and I told her SF, then she looked it up and said that they are processing July 20 apps, and she seemed surprised by that and she actually said that I didn't think tha SF has so many apps.
finally I asked her, since the FP and name check are back should I assume that they are good "cleared" she laughed and said I don't know if they are "good" but they are recieved fairly quick on Feb 23rd.
she did mention though that they don't schedule interviews until everything is cleared.

You're all good. When the call is escalated, it's transferred to an Immigration Information Officer. If your name check has been returned, that means you've cleared it. Now you can sit back and wait for the IL.

Interesting. I called again (I call once a week). I knew my background check was completed Feb. 18th. My call was answered by the first person who said you need to wait and basically didn't offer to transfer my call. I said thank you, and could you please transfer my call to an IO. He did :). I got an awesome IO from LA who was very chatty. He said the agent working on your case (this is where it got a bit confusing) but ok let me say it verbatim: "will send you a letter with 45 days with an interview." I said, I know an attempt was made but a date was not scheduled. He said true but another attempt was made too so within 45 days i should receive the IL.
Huh. I am not counting my chickens yet. My priority date is Dec. 19th, 2007. but it was fun talking to someone like this. He then said are your ready for your test? so anyways, 45 days huh? in meantime i will call them once a week