MY N600 UPDATE INFORMATION

Here's my update on my passport ... I am so glad I tracked down the direct number for the passport office dealing with my son's application (New Orleans). I just had a feeling they needed more info (call it a 6th sense, I don't know...). So, I called them directly and got transferred to the actual person with my application on her desk. She was so helpful and looked over my application. Turns out, she misunderstood the court custody order. They thought it said he moved TO Canada, instead of FROM Canada TO the USA, so they were holding the application to try and figure out if he was living in the US (I honestly don't know how they misunderstood that - it was really clearly written in the court order AND I submitted his green card showing he is a LPR).

Anyways, by that time it was 3:30pm and they were getting ready to close. She said she would finish up the application today and get the passport mailed TODAY by overnight mail at no extra cost to me! I got a tracking number emailed to me at 10:30pm tonight and it is being shipped UPS Next Day Air!!! She gave me her name and direct phone number too, in case I had more questions
luv.gif
I was surprised as I thought they only use USPS. She also told me that the passport book and all my original docs would come in the same package since she had everything on her desk (the card will ship from Arizona separately as they all do).

I also asked her if they would keep my son's Green Card and if so, if they would give me a letter saying that they kept it so that I could use the letter for my N-600 application when USCIS asks for the green card. She said YES they would keep the GC and YES they will issue a letter explaining that.

It's been over 2 weeks still no letter from DoS about my green card

I got the passport today! I also got a letter from them saying they kept the greencard. It is a generic letter, no name or anything on it, looks like they have copies of it that they stick into the package of returned original docs.
If you want me to send you a PDF scan of it, message me.

I got the passport today! I also got a letter from them saying they kept the greencard. It is a generic letter, no name or anything on it, looks like they have copies of it that they stick into the package of returned original docs.
If you want me to send you a PDF scan of it, message me.

I am so happy thank God you decided to call them, things finally starting to look good for you. I lost both my passport book and card so I requested a file search with DoS I paid 150 dollar I didn't need any passport pic or proof of citizenship i got a new passport and card n the mail with the same pic from before. So basically whether you got a cert of citizenship or not for proof of citizenship you still can get your us passport without proof of citizenship once you in the system. And yes please a PDF would be nice when can you send it and thank you

I submitted documents to USCIS late last year,and they sent a receipt letter back saying they had recieved Nov 20th and gave me an action day of Nov 25th.
On Feburary 4th it was put in line for scheduling processing..I've been closely monitoring the USCIS processing times for my area and for what I'm collecting times are moving along in example of Updated,as of Feb 29th and are doing July 27th of current year. So since my was taken in action in Nov,is it safe to say I'm looking into late June for my interview? And if so how long before the interview are people recieving their interview dates?

I just got this email update today and I am a little confused. It says:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.
Receipt Number: NBC*********
Application Type: N600, APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP
Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC************, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date.

I was surprised about this because my son is only 9 years old. I thought that only children over age 14 have to attend an oath ceremony.
Does anyone have experience with this happening to them? Any idea why he might have to do the oath when he is only 9?
Another question - How quickly did you receive the oath ceremony date after they said you were "in line" and how far out was the ceremony date from the notice date?

I just got this email update today and I am a little confused. It says:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.
Receipt Number: NBC*********
Application Type: N600, APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP
Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC************, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date.

I was surprised about this because my son is only 9 years old. I thought that only children over age 14 have to attend an oath ceremony.
Does anyone have experience with this happening to them? Any idea why he might have to do the oath when he is only 9?
Another question - How quickly did you receive the oath ceremony date after they said you were "in line" and how far out was the ceremony date from the notice date?

Oath ceremony that's good news I guess no interviews needed.

Do you think that means it is approved already since there is no interview and it is already "in line for oath ceremony"?

That's what I would think since case status Oath ceremony I think you should be fine. Not every case for the N600 require an interview since it's automatic citizenship

CASE STATUS :.... Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On April 26, 2016, we mailed a request for Initial Evidence for your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number NBC........ The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by May 26, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

Here's the the documents I submitted with my application:...
Born out of wedlock...

1. GREEN CARD
2. MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE with translation
3. 2 AFFIDAVIT FROM FAMILY FRIEND WITH A COPY OF THEY CERT OF CITIZENSHIP
4. MY DAD CERT OF CITIZENSHIP
5. MY MOM DEATH CERTIFICATE SINCE SHE DIED WHEN I WAS 14 with translation = "proof of custody"

I did not send a copy of my us citizen Parent Birth certificate with translation some help would be nice.

Hmm... that is a tough one... it sounds like you have sent everything that is required because you sent the proof of custody for your dad as well! Maybe they do want your dad's birth certificate... I remember on the N600 instructions they do ask for parent's birth certificate (even if not born in the USA).

Are you able to send that to them as well?

Hmm... that is a tough one... it sounds like you have sent everything that is required because you sent the proof of custody for your dad as well! Maybe they do want your dad's birth certificate... I remember on the N600 instructions they do ask for parent's birth certificate (even if not born in the USA).

Are you able to send that to them as well?

@lilsweetie
I do have my dad's original Birth certificate got it from him last week. I went to a immigration services to do my N600 the prepare the one who put everything together and mailed them unless he missed something. This guy desk always messy. Did you send parents Birth certificate with your N600 app?....... They mailed the initial evidence notice since the 26 of April I thought I would receive by now. Initial Evidence sound like something that is required unlike additional evidence it can even be a passport photo.

Hello Jackson,
Good thing I went back to check how you guys are doing. I don't know why I don't get notifications when replies are made in this forum anymore. Anyway, they will need your father's original birth certificate AND a notarized translated version of it. Good luck!!

@lilsweetie
I do have my dad's original Birth certificate got it from him last week. I went to a immigration services to do my N600 the prepare the one who put everything together and mailed them unless he missed something. This guy desk always messy. Did you send parents Birth certificate with your N600 app?....... They mailed the initial evidence notice since the 26 of April I thought I would receive by now. Initial Evidence sound like something that is required unlike additional evidence it can even be a passport photo.

Hello Jackson,
Good thing I went back to check how you guys are doing. I don't know why I don't get notifications when replies are made in this forum anymore. Anyway, they will need your father's original birth certificate AND a notarized translated version of it. Good luck!!

How you doing DAN thanks for checking, however am still waiting for the request for Initial Evidence mail it's been 12 days still nothing. I didn't know my dad's Birth certificate was part of initial evidence for the N600.

My apologies, I meant to say your parents' marriage certificate. Sorry, it was a long day and my fingers were doing the thinking.

How you doing DAN thanks for checking, however am still waiting for the request for Initial Evidence mail it's been 12 days still nothing. I didn't know my dad's Birth certificate was part of initial evidence for the N600.

My apologies, I meant to say your parents' marriage certificate. Sorry, it was a long day and my fingers were doing the thinking.

In my case I won't need my parents marriage certificate cause I was born out of wedlock and my mom's died when i was 14 I think her death certificate should do (custody) and also i think I only need my us citizen Parent Birth certificate translated. Thanks for taking the time to reply danh.

Jackson - any updates? I agree - I don't think you will need the marriage certificate, but you probably should submit your father's birth certificate and see if that helps.

I AM FINALLY DONE!!! Received the Certificate of Citizenship in the mail today. Note - they never updated my case status or told me the certificate was in production or that my case had completed processing. It still shows "in line for oath ceremony" even today and I have the certificate in hand!

History - After I received the "in line for oath" status update (4/23), I called USCIS to ask why my son had to go to an oath ceremony when he is only 9. Then they opened a SERVICE REQUEST to the field office directly (4/26) and then I got a letter in the mail from the field office (4/30) to say that he does NOT have to attend the ceremony and they will just send the certificate by registered mail! I received the Certificate of Citizenship today (5/11).

I AM FINALLY DONE!!! Received the Certificate of Citizenship in the mail today. Note - they never updated my case status or told me the certificate was in production or that my case had completed processing. It still shows "in line for oath ceremony" even today and I have the certificate in hand!

History - After I received the "in line for oath" status update (4/23), I called USCIS to ask why my son had to go to an oath ceremony when he is only 9. Then they opened a SERVICE REQUEST to the field office directly (4/26) and then I got a letter in the mail from the field office (4/30) to say that he does NOT have to attend the ceremony and they will just send the certificate by registered mail! I received the Certificate of Citizenship today (5/11).

About time, thank God !!!!..... As for me they requesting initial evidence it can even be a passport photo or probably the birth certificate since I know I didn't send it. It's been 15 days I still haven't recieve the request for initial evidence notice must be something that's required cause they requesting initial not additional evidence