MY N600 UPDATE INFORMATION

Just a couple of days later.
Could you let me know exactly what the letter said? Did it come from Virginia and was it just 1 piece of paper? Does it reference your passport # or original GC # or anything like that?

So 2 days ago I decided to make an appointment with infopass appointment date the 28 of this month.
I am interested to hear how that goes and what they say!

I sent in the passport application yesterday and this time the acceptance agent sounded quite sure that I would NOT get it back, but she had no idea whether they would issue a letter stating that or just not return it. Ugh.

Could you let me know exactly what the letter said? Did it come from Virginia and was it just 1 piece of paper? Does it reference your passport # or original GC # or anything like that?

I am interested to hear how that goes and what they say!

I sent in the passport application yesterday and this time the acceptance agent sounded quite sure that I would NOT get it back, but she had no idea whether they would issue a letter stating that or just not return it. Ugh.

What original documents you submitted with your DS-11 application?

^I sent:
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Parent's Naturalization Certificate
Applicant's Green Card
Certified Copy of custody court order

Just an update for you guys. I went in for my N-600 interview earlier today and got my CoC already. The letter stating that the DoJ sent my USCIS helped, but the agent that interviewed me said it would be on their system even if DoJ did return it. You might have to double check to make sure that the DoJ did indeed send it to USCIS and not actually lost your green card though. Hope this helped! Good luck!

Just an update for you guys. I went in for my N-600 interview earlier today and got my CoC already. The letter stating that the DoJ sent my USCIS helped, but the agent that interviewed me said it would be on their system even if DoJ did return it. You might have to double check to make sure that the DoJ did indeed send it to USCIS and not actually lost your green card though. Hope this helped! Good luck!

Congrats!! Finally after several months smh...... I didn't get a letter from DoS about keeping my green card I just didn't get it back with the rest of my original documents. I still have my very first green card just not the renewal one, but how do we go about checking if DoJ did send the green card?
How long was the interview?
Did the immigration officer asked any tough questions?
Any oath ceremony after the interview?

Thanks

CONGRATS and thanks for the update! what did the officer mean when he said "it would be on their system even if DoS did return it". Is that a good thing or bad thing that it is on their system?
Did it sound like it would be a problem like for Jackson Muzak who did NOT get a letter from DoS saying they kept it? I applied 9 days ago for a passport, so I don't know if they will send me a letter or not regarding them keeping the green card.

My info pass appointment next week Monday I just wanna be ready

Have you tried calling the passport info line 1-877-487-2778. They are VERY helpful there. I had a friend who messed up his application (got rejected in the end) but he called them a few times and they were always helpful and pulled up the specific information regarding his application to provide him answers. Maybe if you call them to ask if they can send a letter stating that they kept the green card?

Have you tried calling the passport infoit.
ine 1-877-487-2778. They are VERY helpful there. I had a friend who messed up his application (got rejected in the end) but he called them a few times and they were always helpful and pulled up the specific information regarding his application to provide him answers. Maybe if you call them to ask if they can send a letter stating that they kept the green card?

Thanks for the quick reply actually I called several times all they said they dosnt send green cards back when it comes to that type of case.... And also what did the officer mean when he said "it would be on their system even if DoS did return it.
Will they accept my very first green from when I was a kid since I don't have the recent one.

I don't think it would be a problem for Jackson Muzack at all. This interview is only to verify our documents. USCIS most likely has our green card info on their system, they probably just want it to destroy it. I couldn't even sleep the night before I went due to fears of my past, but I want you guys to know, it's actually really easy going. I guess because we are trying to naturalize, we just want proof of our citizenship. I was stressing a lot this whole time for nothing. Bring all your documents that you submitted for your passport and bring your passport. Since we are all in the same boat, I want to congratulate you guys before the USCIS agent! Don't stress... Only thing I need to warn you is... there are a lot of quiet moments during the interview because they are verifying information and waiting in the lobby is long too. Sleep good the night before!!

CONGRATS and thanks for the update! what did the officer mean when he said "it would be on their system even if DoS did return it". Is that a good thing or bad thing that it is on their system?
Did it sound like it would be a problem like for Jackson Muzak who did NOT get a letter from DoS saying they kept it? I applied 9 days ago for a passport, so I don't know if they will send me a letter or not regarding them keeping the green card.

I'm sure your very first green card would be good enough, hopefully that one didn't expire before your parents became US citizens. Anyhow, even if it expired before, your passport should provide more than enough evidence. The agent that interviewed me barely glanced at my letter, even though he said he's never seen one like that before. I'm sure everything is on their system when it comes to green cards.

Thanks for the quick reply actually I called several times all they said they dosnt send green cards back when it comes to that type of case.... And also what did the officer mean when he said "it would be on their system even if DoS did return it.
Will they accept my very first green from when I was a kid since I don't have the recent one.

I didn't see this message, I answered all the other ones though. Here are answers to the other questions. The interview was around 45 minutes, but mostly silent because the agent is just verifying information. The questions are not hard at all, just asking us what we know already, our name, birthdate, parents names etc etc. I took the oath by myself in the office with my interviewer and then went back to the lobby to wait for them to bring out the certificate for me to sign and it's done.

Congrats!! Finally after several months smh...... I didn't get a letter from DoS about keeping my green card I just didn't get it back with the rest of my original documents. I still have my very first green card just not the renewal one, but how do we go about checking if DoJ did send the green card?
How long was the interview?
Did the immigration officer asked any tough questions?
Any oath ceremony after the interview?

Thanks

I didn't see this message, I answered all the other ones though. Here are answers to the other questions. The interview was around 45 minutes, but mostly silent because the agent is just verifying information. The questions are not hard at all, just asking us what we know already, our name, birthdate, parents names etc etc. I took the oath by myself in the office with my interviewer and then went back to the lobby to wait for them to bring out the certificate for me to sign and it's done.

Thanks a lot Danh, my info pass appointment coming up this Monday am hoping I can convince them to give me my certificate the same day since I already have my passport book and passport card. I really don't wanna update SS the Dmv and register to vote without the cert of citizenship

Just to let you know, I went to update my status with SS the day after I got my passport and also registered to vote. Everything went fine. I think the CoC is just our paper proof that won't expire.

Thanks a lot Danh, my info pass appointment coming up this Monday am hoping I can convince them to give me my certificate the same day since I already have my passport book and passport card. I really don't wanna update SS the Dmv and register to vote without the cert of citizenship

Jackson - how did your infopass go? What information did you find out?

No information they told me give it about 2 more months, told me not to. I tried providing more documents the officer told me not to. Basically it still being processed just have to wait for an interview he made copies of my driver license and US passport talk for like 25 mins.......

I guess because we are trying to naturalize, we just want proof of our citizenship...

No, you are NOT trying to naturalise - you are already citizens! Naturalisation is for those who are NOT YET citizens.

As I said, this is worrying for basically nothing if you've been issued passports already, and you know the law regarding your derivative citizenship.