My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

it is the holiday season again. i guess people are busy for shopping. n-400 processing is important. so is our daily life. ;) by the way, it is very strange that the district processing date is not showing up yet even if it is the end of month now. :mad:

The only person that can give us some update right now is Hidimba whose PD is 7/15. Xzhong's and mine is 7/21. We may get the interview letters even the same day. We'll see. I am expecting the letter in two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi July2006. Within two weeks? :eek: That is too good to be true. I'll be happy if I can get the letter within two monthes. For some reason, I have never be able to check my status on USCIS's website. According to my calcuation, we'll receive the Interview letter by February.

COME ON. ATLANTA, UPDATE THE N400 DATES. 快点的家伙!

:) :) :) :) :)

Hi Xzhong,
I meant to say that we'll get the letters in about two weeks but the actual interview and oath will be around mid-february.

No News

July2006

I wish I had a news. But even my theory is not working. The last three digits is stuck at 018. Hopefull we all get interview letter by Christmas from USCIS Santa. Remember this is season for giving.

Ok I admit that it is the holiday season and it'll take longer than it should to process the files at times like this. However, I am still hopeful that we'll get the interview letters by Dec. 15. :eek:

july2006 said:
Ok I admit that it is the holiday season and it'll take longer than it should to process the files at times like this. However, I am still hopeful that we'll get the interview letters by Dec. 15. :eek:

I hope july2006, xzhong and hidimba, all of you get your interview letters in your mailbox soon...

hey everybody

does anyone hee know anything about fiancee viza how doeas it work how lond does it take i wish i knew what do i have to send in ????
Please help me in this matter
Thank you Tina

July 2006 despite the holidays i think you will get your letter soon because i dont think the holidays matter in the uscis .
Well good luck for everybody
Thank you Tina

Holiday and Tina

Re: Tina's message
I heard from my friend that you need to do a K1 visa. The processing time seems to be getting longer and longer due to tremendously increased applications and lots of fraud. (Those who marry someone for money and those who marry someone for visa. :mad: ) Anyhow, the current processing time in TX is about 6 months in USA plus 6 to 12 monthes overseas depend on the location of your loved one. Thus the total time is about 12 to 18 months.

Re: July2006's message
I totally share your good hope. I hope to receive the letter ASAP. However, I never understand how can you anticipate to receive the interview letter so early. I feel we'll receive the letter sometime during February and the interview itself will be March. (that is already FAST for Atlanta)

As to the holiday season, Atlanta hasnt been updating for a while. I dont think all of those people get on vacation early but I do feel it is the Christmas season. and they may get relaxed and are talking about lots of unrelated topics at work which might reduce their efficiency.

WAKE UP! ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Hi Tina21, thankk you for your wishes. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the fiance visa.
Hi Xzhong, the reason i'm expecting the letter in about two weeks is that aAreevg whose PD is only 27 days ahead of us got his or her letter on november 14 which is 20 days ago. Atlanta DO processes more than the calendar speed. Let's assume thay will do at calendar speed than we should receive the letters in dec 14. Did i make it clear this time? :(

nothing

As i said before, there has been nobody joined us here whose pd is around ours. As a result of it, we will have to wait and see. I know however that the letter is going to come next week. Mark my word. I wanna say next wednesday. We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Not a good day at Atlanta

Hi,
I went to interview yesterday, I had to wait 2 1/2 hours before I was called.
Swore under oath, answered all questions as usual and passed US history questions. Asked if I traveled after I applied, I said yes for three weeks to my country. After signing on my photos and papers, the officer said, they have look into another system to match my records and USCIS will send a letter in a month about the decision. He gave me a form 652 in which there were two tick marks about passing the test and USCIS will send a decision in 30 days about the oath letter.
I have never been convicted or out of status. Was on F1 , H1, and green card for 5 years, paid my taxes. I asked the same to the officer why there is a hinderance in approving for the oath. He said they have to match in another system, if every thing is OK. For other people they got approved and took the oath on same day. While I was leaving he said Congratulations. I don't know why he didn't approve the same day for oath. Don't know if I have to take positive or negative.

Did any body have similar experiences or heard of any? Any suggestions or comments are welcome

Interview Details

Hi,

First the bad news, my husband along with me was supposed to have an interview yesterday (8:25am). We were on the way to the interview when an INS officer called him up (around 7:30am) to let him know that his file has not yet arrived at the center (not sure where it was supposed to come from) and so, there will be no interview for him. He came to the center regardless and the officer said the same thing again. When asked when the new interview date might be, he was told that another appointment letter would be mailed to home. So, even if the file appeared today at the center, his interview will NOT be for another 4 weeks at least. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Now, the good news. My interview happened yesterday. The scheduled time was 8:45. I was called in around 9:30. The officer went over N-400 and made corrections -- I went out of country and joined a job after filing. He updated the document, asked me 6 history questions, made me read and write a simple sentence and told me that I passed and am eligible for oath that day. There were 2 oath ceremonies yesterday. Not sure if this is the new norm. One at 11:30 and another at 2:00pm. I was able to get in for the 11:30 ceremony. Took my oath, got my certificate of naturalization and was back home by 1pm. Made tons of copies of certificate and was able to go apply for my US passport before 4pm.

We would have been very happy if my husband's interview had also happened.

Has anyone run into the problem of file not being at the center before? We don't know when to expect his interview now. But, we are keeping the hope alive that he might be done in the next 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for all the support from this site. I wish everyone good luck.

Mar2006 Sorry to hear about ypur husband's situation. It'll be about 6 to 8 weeks more for your husband according to the recent threads that i'd read : before. :(

same thing happened to me

sdm said:
Hi,
I went to interview yesterday, I had to wait 2 1/2 hours before I was called.
Swore under oath, answered all questions as usual and passed US history questions. Asked if I traveled after I applied, I said yes for three weeks to my country. After signing on my photos and papers, the officer said, they have look into another system to match my records and USCIS will send a letter in a month about the decision. He gave me a form 652 in which there were two tick marks about passing the test and USCIS will send a decision in 30 days about the oath letter.
I have never been convicted or out of status. Was on F1 , H1, and green card for 5 years, paid my taxes. I asked the same to the officer why there is a hinderance in approving for the oath. He said they have to match in another system, if every thing is OK. For other people they got approved and took the oath on same day. While I was leaving he said Congratulations. I don't know why he didn't approve the same day for oath. Don't know if I have to take positive or negative.

Did any body have similar experiences or heard of any? Any suggestions or comments are welcome

Yes. I had the exact same thing happen in Atlanta in November. Still waiting to hear.

Sdm,

That means your FBI name check must not have been completed. For most
people its done before the interview date. For some it takes a while to be completed. For a selective group of applicants, it takes about 2-3 years. I hope your name check will be completed real soon.

I attended interview at the Washington District Office yesterday and I was told of the same thing. The officer gave me N652 also but he told me/showed me that the FBI name check is pending. I am hoping that mine will be completed sooner too.

7 more days til interview

Hey Guys Iam So Excited Seven More Days Til Interview Then A New Journey Begins For Me .
I Love This Forum
Ehehehe
Good Luck Too All Of You And I Will Keep You Updated On How It Willlllll Goooooooooooooooooooooooo
Tina