My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Bad bad bad news

Dear Xzhong, Hidimba and other friends,
I've got bad news for all of us. Today, a friend of mine went to the USCIS in Atlanta with an appointment. She had some questions about the date of getting her fingerprints for a second time since the first ones were not accepted for some reason. After she asked her questions, she also asked the officer about where they are at processing as of today. The officer told her they stopped reviweving naturalization applications as of 11/24/05 until furthe notice. He did not say why. So they stopped 36 days ago. Atlanta DO has done the same thing earlier this year as they were stuck on 12/29/03 for 6 months. I don't know what's going on? I've gotta get outta here on 05/31/06 :confused: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
july2006 said:
Dear Xzhong, Hidimba and other friends,
I've got bad news for all of us. Today, a friend of mine went to the USCIS in Atlanta with an appointment. She had some questions about the date of getting her fingerprints for a second time since the first ones were not accepted for some reason. After she asked her questions, she also asked the officer about where they are at processing as of today. The officer told her they stopped reviweving naturalization applications as of 11/24/05 until furthe notice. He did not say why. So they stopped 36 days ago. Atlanta DO has done the same thing earlier this year as they were stuck on 12/29/03 for 6 months. I don't know what's going on? I've gotta get outta here on 05/31/06 :confused: :mad:
I think I have a great idea for you to get the USCIS to act upon your case and hopefully get your citizenship before 05/31/2006.

Private message me if you are interested, my friend used that method and it worked good for her, she is now a proud citizen of this great country.

Life

Alright guys,gals it looks like we won't be getting any letters soon. Hidimba, please post a message here as soon as you get the interview letter ok? :eek:

Update on my file

Hey guys. I just got an e-mail from USCIS stating that my file is updated on 1/2/06 and that is no longer available on the uscis log-in. I guess it means that my interview letter was mailed today. Yeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! :) :) :) Hidimba and Xzhong, check your files immediately. I think we got it!! :p

Ok now it says that it is updated again on 1/3/06. Don't know what this means though.

Yup I can't find my file online either. So interview letter should be in the mail. Yahoo.

July2006 let me know once you get the interview letter and good luck to you.

Dear Hidimba,
Trust me I'll post my message the second after i receive it. According to previous threads, one receives the letter in 4 to 5 business days once the on-line status disappears. Mine dissapeared on Monday. So we'll get it either tomorrow or Saturday or next week sometime at the worst case scenario. :)

My details

Here is my timeline

Priority Date 26 August 05
Finger print 28 September 05
Interview notice received today 05 January 06
Interview Date 15 February 06
Oath Date ???

Wow congratulations to you mate
My PD is 7/21 but I still didn't get the interview letter yet. :)
You put a question mark next to oath date. It'll be the same day.

Hidimba,
Have you received your letter yet? :eek:

july2006 said:
Wow congratulations to you mate
My PD is 7/21 but I still didn't get the interview letter yet. :)
You put a question mark next to oath date. It'll be the same day.

Hidimba,
Have you received your letter yet? :eek:
July2006 , your letter will be in the mail box tomorrow !

congratulations to you all ! :)
Sony

tina is back

july2006 that means that there was an update to your case on that day and your online status dissapered on that day which means your letter is on its wayyyyyyyyy so you maid it too not long after me .
good luck . :) :) :) :D :cool:

Sony55, tina21, hidimba and every one else. Thank you for your warm wishes. I hope I get the letter tomorrow. It looks like the actual interview will be between Feb 1 and Feb 15. :)

I've got the letter

Sony55 you were right. The mailperson came 5 minutes ago and left it by my door. I heard my dog barking continiously and it was there. :p Woww I'm so happy that I got it now. :p
Hidimba you should be receiving it today as well. Itwas mailed from Dallas, TX on January 3.

Here is my timeline the whole process

02/21/02: Applied for green card to Newark, NJ
05/17/02: Fingerprints done
05/19/02: EAD card is obtained
07/01/02: Conditional green card is obtained
07/15/02: Received the conditional green card
06/22/04: Moved to Atlanta, filed AR-11 Change of address form&called USCIS
06/27/04: Mailed a request letter to Newark, NJ to transfer my file to Atlanta
12/03/04: My file is transferred to Atlanta DO
04/02/05: Eligible to apply for citizenship. Not yet applied.
06/08/05: Second interview in Atlanta, conditions removed
06/15/05: Received 10 year green card
07/21/05: Mailed N-400 to Texas Service Center
07/22/05: Received and Priority date
08/02/05: Received I-797 Notice of Action form
09/08/05: Fingerprints done
01/02/06: Online status disappeared (Additional updates in Jan 02,03,04)
01/03/06: Interview letter is mailed from Dallas, TX
01/07/06: Interview letter for interview and oath is received
02/13/06: Interview and oath at 1:05 pm.

sony55 said:
July2006 , your letter will be in the mail box tomorrow !

congratulations to you all ! :)
Sony
WOW, Congratulations July2006,
What have i told you. I had a strong feeling about today particularly.
Enjoy the feeling.

:)
Sony

Thanks sony55 ;)
There are two ceremonies as far as I know. One at 11 and one at 2. If I don't make it to 2 pm which I am pretty sure I will, they schedule me for the next day which is no biggie. :p

First of all congrats to all of you who got the interview letter. I also got the interview letter for Feb 13th. July2006 congrats.

BUT I AM in a big mess. I have purchased ticket for my whole family to go to India for 12th Feb as I have to attend some thing in India. This tickets have huge penalty for any change. I can postponed the date of journey at the most by 5/6 days. But will it be enough to get passport/ Indian visa ?

Has anybody changed the interview date? How long will it take to get another interview date? few months?

I am just thinking all the possibilities.

Please help.