My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Hidimba
You to congrats. I know that an oath can be arranged but interview i dont know. If i were you i would postpone it for couple days. You can get the passport the next day if you have tickets in hand.

Hidimba said:
First of all congrats to all of you who got the interview letter. I also got the interview letter for Feb 13th. July2006 congrats.

BUT I AM in a big mess. I have purchased ticket for my whole family to go to India for 12th Feb as I have to attend some thing in India. This tickets have huge penalty for any change. I can postponed the date of journey at the most by 5/6 days. But will it be enough to get passport/ Indian visa ?

Has anybody changed the interview date? How long will it take to get another interview date? few months?

I am just thinking all the possibilities.

Please help.
My advice, You got to this point , don't miss out. Get the citizenship and then go on with your life man. Believe me , that USCIS is unexpectable! They are handing you the citizenship now, but if you request a postponment, who knows what could happen to your file then?

Only God knows the answer to that !!

Do the math, and think twice, but my suggestions is to delay your travel like a couple of weeks, i know it would be hard, but losing ur file , for instance would be a DISASTER!

It's up to you, be smart! :)

Good luck and keep us updated.
Sony

Sony and July2006 Thanks for the reply. I totally agree with you guys. But I have in such a position that I can ingnore either of the two.

If I give the interview on 02/13 and ask for oath after March 15th, do you think they will allow it? Basically my plan is to give the interview and still keep the Indian passport and GC and go to India and come back and take the oath.

Sony you said that passport can be obtained in 1 day. Do you know who can arrange that and how reliable that company is? Moreover I have to take Indian Visa after that.

To Hidimba

Hidimba, This may interest ... it is from this thread .. an earlier posting.

shyla_m said:
I have used this forum every now and then, and have gained a lot of information. So, I am posting my details - will help all those who have been waiting and waiting!!

PD: Mar 08 2004
First FP date: May 15 2004
Second FP date: Sep 17 2005
Interview date: Dec 12 2005

I called a couple of times between my first and second FP dates (the 800 number officer put an inquiry and asked me wait for a month, the second time - the officer asked me to write a letter to USCIS) and sent two letters to USCIS between May and August of 2005. I got a letter from them mentioning that they are working on scheduling my second FP and interview date. Interview was at Atlanta and was very smooth and quick. They were doing the same day oath at 11:00 AM. I asked the officer if I can take the oath in January ( I am traveling to India in a couple of days) and she said 'no problem, I will make a note of it. You will get the oath letter in the beginning of January'. To be on the safe side - I mailed a certified letter requesting to take the oath in January and inlcuded a copy of my travel itinerary and the citizenship interview outcome page.
FYI - mine was a straight forward case based on 5 years of residency...
I had forgotten to mention a traffic ticket (speeding) on N-400 and mentioned that to the officer at the time of the interview. She made a note of it on the application.
Cheers! and good luck to everybody.

Hidimba said:
Sony and July2006 Thanks for the reply. I totally agree with you guys. But I have in such a position that I can ingnore either of the two.

If I give the interview on 02/13 and ask for oath after March 15th, do you think they will allow it? Basically my plan is to give the interview and still keep the Indian passport and GC and go to India and come back and take the oath.

Sony you said that passport can be obtained in 1 day. Do you know who can arrange that and how reliable that company is? Moreover I have to take Indian Visa after that.
I think you can arrange having the interview on time and ask to take the oath later, it shouldn't be a problem, like that person in August's post did.

Oh, by the way, I was not the one who said you can get the passport in one day, July2006 did! My thought, theoritically, it's possible, but practically, I don't see that heppening!

Good luck

thanks guys. looks like changing oath date is less risky thing.

sorry sony i have miquoted you.

can you travel with nat certificate when india doesn't allow dual citizenship?

July 2006

I Honestly Dont Think You Will Make The Two A Clock Oath Because My Friend Had They Interview At 11.00 Am Same Day As I Did And They Had Next Day Oath .i Still Wish You The Best Of Luck . :d

Re: ID date

Hello July2006. I just get back from my holiday. I checked my email and mailbox, I did not receive anything from USCIS!!!

Since you file is updated, can you check your status on USCIS's website by using the application number on the NOA letter?

Thanks.

Hidimba
You can get your passport the next day if you use this service. Good luck.
http://www.passportexpress.com/default.aspx?page=show_passport&action=firsta

Tina21
I just hope that i can get it the sama day. I live in Lawrenceville so I have to drive 30 miles each way. Even if I have to, it is worth it.

Xzhong
I was wondering where you have been. I was never able to check my status online until I addeed my account in USCIS portfolio in the following address.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

I think I added on 1/3/05 and my file was updated on Jan 2,3,4. Even on the third, the message said that it can't be found blah blah. But this message was all in black but the message i used to get before was red and black.(It was saying something like it found error correct this mistake before proceeding)
I think you will get your letter Monday
Good luck
Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: I read it in this forum some time ago but I don't remember who. I mean they are a passport agency and it works for you. Right?

What should I do?

I still did not receive anything from the USCIS. I called them about the issue and the agent said that they are processing application dated March 2005. There are still 4 more monthes!!! :( :( :(

xzhong said:
I still did not receive anything from the USCIS. I called them about the issue and the agent said that they are processing application dated March 2005. There are still 4 more monthes!!! :( :( :(
Who and which number exactly did you call?
because the 800 number people don't know anything!

Sony

Sony55

Hello Sony55, I called the "National Customer Service Center 1 (800) 375-5283" that I found on USCIS's homepage.

My PD is July 21 and my father's PD is July 26. He got his interview letter today. Also, July2005 also got his letter a few days ago. I can not even found my status online.

Are there any other number that I can call to check the status? Thanks.

xzhong said:
Hello Sony55, I called the "National Customer Service Center 1 (800) 375-5283" that I found on USCIS's homepage.

My PD is July 21 and my father's PD is July 26. He got his interview letter today. Also, July2005 also got his letter a few days ago. I can not even found my status online.

Are there any other number that I can call to check the status? Thanks.
I wish i could answer by saying yes, but that's the only one, however, it's completely useless. Don't give up man, i am sure your getting it this week. Your case was straightforward right?

sony

Interview Experience

My Husband and myself had our interviews yesterday.

First the good news, my husband passed the interview and took the same day oath and became an US Citizen. They were running a little bit late yesterday however they squeezed him into the 2 pm oath ceremony.

Next, not so good news. I also passed the interview however the Officer said my background check is not complete. So they gave me N-652 with ' A decision cannot yet be made about your application'. When the interview was over which lasted only for 10 minutes with a simple English test and US History test, she said she had no control over background check and will not be able to tell me when I can become a citizen though it was not my mistake. She congratulated me for passing the interview though.

I have been a law-abiding resident. No driving tickets, no trouble with law, file and pay my taxes properly, never been out the country in the last 6 years, hold a decent job and lead a very simple/clean life. My application is very very straightforward without any hitches. SO I don't understand why may background check is delayed. I was really surprised when I was told I could not take oath with the 100 others who were able to take oath yesterday.

Any advice on when my naturalization journey will end or what I can do to expedite the background check??? Please share anything u know.

Good luck to everyone expecting interview calls.

Thanks

My file

Hello Sony55. I think my file is straight forward except that my index finger was wounded a week prior to the fingerprinting. So the FP was not so clear, but the FP agent said it is ok. Also, on the application I told them that I am a member of the "American Medical Association". I hope that does not cause any extra background check. :confused: :(

Come on USCIS, send me the interview letter, I NEED it!!!!!!!!!!!

HI gnn
First, I am sorry about your case. It is most common in those people who have common last names. I hope ypu resolve it soon. If i could ask you one question? What time was your husband's interview? Mine is at 1:05. I was wondering if they could squeeze me at 2 pm ceremony as well. Again, good luck. :)

Hi Xzhong
Obviously there is no routine when it comes to sending out the interview letters. Some people get it 2,5 months some get it 1 month prior to the actual interview. Your interview date will be Feb.13 as well and you should receive it any day now. Good luck. :)

Gnn,

I am sorry to hear that you couldn't take the oath.
I think it may be worth contacting your congressman or senetor.

But I think when your name matches with their list then it takes time to complete the background check and mark you clean.

Oath Time

July 2006

My Husband's interview was scheduled at 12:25 , however he was interviewed
at 12:55. He got his oath letter at 2:15 along with 10 other applicants, left immediately to room 103 for oath. The Officer who handed over oath letters
said that he was just not able to accomodate 3 applicants due to time constraints and that he had scheduled them for 11:00 oath the following day. Don't worry too much as they try and accomodate every one interviewed for the 2:00 oath and allow u to the oath room even if u are late

I hope u get to take your oath at 2:00 the same day. Good Luck

Hidimba

Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to contact my senator to expedite my background check. Good luck to u too.