My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

no news

No Hidimba no news. :mad: I'm a bit dissapointed because the last person who got his interview letter was 31 days ago on 11/14 with pd of 6/24. You are 7/15. I can't believe thay couldn't process 21 days of applications in 31 days. Actually, I had been waiting to hear good news from you but I think what it is is that a lot of uscis employees took vacation these holiday season including thxgiving and xmas. So, I was really hopefull that this week we would get the letters for mid-febuary oath date. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. :(

Details of my timeline

I have used this forum every now and then, and have gained a lot of information. So, I am posting my details - will help all those who have been waiting and waiting!!

PD: Mar 08 2004
First FP date: May 15 2004
Second FP date: Sep 17 2005
Interview date: Dec 12 2005

I called a couple of times between my first and second FP dates (the 800 number officer put an inquiry and asked me wait for a month, the second time - the officer asked me to write a letter to USCIS) and sent two letters to USCIS between May and August of 2005. I got a letter from them mentioning that they are working on scheduling my second FP and interview date. Interview was at Atlanta and was very smooth and quick. They were doing the same day oath at 11:00 AM. I asked the officer if I can take the oath in January ( I am traveling to India in a couple of days) and she said 'no problem, I will make a note of it. You will get the oath letter in the beginning of January'. To be on the safe side - I mailed a certified letter requesting to take the oath in January and inlcuded a copy of my travel itinerary and the citizenship interview outcome page.
FYI - mine was a straight forward case based on 5 years of residency...
I had forgotten to mention a traffic ticket (speeding) on N-400 and mentioned that to the officer at the time of the interview. She made a note of it on the application.
Cheers! and good luck to everybody.

today is the day

today is the day i am leaving the house right now so i will let you know how it all went up

tina21 said:
today is the day i am leaving the house right now so i will let you know how it all went up
Good luck, I am sure by the time you get back, you would be a citizen.

I am waiting for my turn and Publicus' to be ones too :)

Please post detailed message when you get back!

sONy

Tina

sony55 said:
Good luck, I am sure by the time you get back, you would be a citizen.

I am waiting for my turn and Publicus' to be ones too :)

Please post detailed message when you get back!

sONy
Tinaaaa, where are you?
Come out come out wherever you are, to tell us the great news LOL :)
I hope everything went fine.

Sony

Passedddddddddddd

:) Had my interview yesterday. It went very smoothly. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and easy going. I had everything with me, all the copies, organized. As soon as we came in into her office, I laid out my greencard, driver license and other things in front of her.
We went through my application, put down information about citations Had 3 of them :rolleyes: Asked questions if I belong to any party, if I ever declared to be a citizen, etc. - all the questions that you have to answer "no" to at the end of application. Then she asked me gov't/ history questions. computer generates them automatically and you have to have 6 out of 10 correct to pass. I got all of them right. Then she asked to read sentence "she is cooking for her friends " and write "they are a happy family". she asked if I pay taxes and didn't want to see anything at all. That was it!

Then she gave me a paper saying that I passed and my application has been recommended for approval. she asked if I want to take the Oath at 2pm same day and asked to wait in the room. About 20 mins later, another man came in and called people's names and gave them their Oath appoitment letters for the same day. The ceremony was very nice and touching, there were 57 people of 35 nationalities (Bosnia,Germany ,Africa,Canada etc. )was very moving. Went pretty fast, lasted about 2hrs. After I went to the post office to send out the paperwork for my fiance viza so the next jeourney starts for me here .
Good luck to all of you! Thanks to everybody for their valuable advises!
Sincerely,

Tina :D
Here is my Timeline ;
PD Feb 22, 2005
FP April 15,2005
Letter received in my about Interview October 16,2005
Interview and Oath December 19,2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Tina. I'm glad everything went perfectly. :) We however are stuck and waiting for the interview letter. :( I honestly lost my hope to get the letter this month since the christmas and the new year holidays are in front of us. Good luck to you in your next immigration issues. :eek: I personally won't have any more issues with the immigration as we bought our one way ticket to Istanbul already for May 31st. :p

tina21 said:
:) Had my interview yesterday. It went very smoothly. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and easy going. I had everything with me, all the copies, organized. As soon as we came in into her office, I laid out my greencard, driver license and other things in front of her.
We went through my application, put down information about citations Had 3 of them :rolleyes: Asked questions if I belong to any party, if I ever declared to be a citizen, etc. - all the questions that you have to answer "no" to at the end of application. Then she asked me gov't/ history questions. computer generates them automatically and you have to have 6 out of 10 correct to pass. I got all of them right. Then she asked to read sentence "she is cooking for her friends " and write "they are a happy family". she asked if I pay taxes and didn't want to see anything at all. That was it!

Then she gave me a paper saying that I passed and my application has been recommended for approval. she asked if I want to take the Oath at 2pm same day and asked to wait in the room. About 20 mins later, another man came in and called people's names and gave them their Oath appoitment letters for the same day. The ceremony was very nice and touching, there were 57 people of 35 nationalities (Bosnia,Germany ,Africa,Canada etc. )was very moving. Went pretty fast, lasted about 2hrs. After I went to the post office to send out the paperwork for my fiance viza so the next jeourney starts for me here .
Good luck to all of you! Thanks to everybody for their valuable advises!
Sincerely,

Tina :D
Here is my Timeline ;
PD Feb 22, 2005
FP April 15,2005
Letter received in my about Interview October 16,2005
Interview and Oath December 19,2005
congratulations Tina,:)
I was sure everything would be oK

Sony

congratulations tina!!! hope your fiancé’s journey is as smooth as yours. merry christmas and happy a new year!

to sony and oct2005

Thank you so much i wish you all the best i hope so tooo that my fiance joins me soon here in the us so his journey can start wee best wishes to all of you merry christmas and happy new years or happy holidays how ever you like it .
tina

Happy Holidays

Well, it looks like we are not getting any letters soon. I wish everybody a happy new year and happy holidays. :)

No luck this year

July2006,

Based on the numbering scheme I am atleast behing 200 people. Hopefully by end of Feb I will get the interview letter.

What is killing me is that on nov 14 they sent an interview letter to aarevg whose pd date was 6/24. Less than a month ahead of us :mad: :mad: :mad:
And that was 41 days ago. :confused:
Hidimba if we get the interview letter by the end of february like you wish tan our oath will be in May.

Last edited by a moderator: