My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Hidimba said:
Does this mean that every one till June 24 have also got interview letter? or is just few lucky ones?

My PD is 15th July, FP Sep 2nd hopefully get the interview letter soon. But I can still see the case status online though it is wrong. It is showing receive date of July 18th though the letter said it is 15th.

By the way I also did one more thing, I was changing the last 3 digits of application number ( in status checking page) to see how far they are really processing. I found there are little over 200 cases before me. Unless they have weird numbering scheme I think I am right.
Hidimba:

I will let the veterans here to answer your question if everyone before june 24th would have got the interview letter...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok from this point on i'll just have to wait and see since there's nobody else in this forum whose pd is in front of me. I am expecting the interview lette Dec 10 . id will be feb 15. we'll see. :p

july2006 said:
Hi mikri
Congratulations. I am glad everything worked out great for you. I am on hold right now. According to the latest updates, they are processing may 17 right now. My pd is July 21 so I guess my interview will be late february or march. Just gotta wait I guess :( I was wondering what items they asked in the interview letter. Tax, etc... My drivers license shows my previous address I don't know if it's necessary to change it? :rolleyes: Again conratulations to Greg, my Greek friend. :)

Hi July2006,
INS kept the interview later and I forgot to make a copy. Going from memory the letter said to bring, interview lette, green card, passport. If applying because of marriage to us citizen also bring: marriage certificate, spouse's birth certificate or passport and the originals of any copies sent with applications(supporting documentation i.e. taxes, mortgage, children birth certificates). It was pretty simple. If you've got everything and the interviewer doesn't smell anything fishy, you'll be fine. It seemed to me that the citizenship interviewer was tougher (not as friendly) as the green card interviewers, but maybe that was just luck of the draw.

Bye everyone and good luck!!!!!!!!!!

More good news for Atlanta

See my posting on Friday on this thread.

I checked just now and found 9 more cases are gone from the system. So they are going to get the interview letter soon. Their last 3 digits of the receipt number are from 001 to 009.

I am getting excited.

Hi Hidimba
What do those last 3 digits mean? My last 3 is 270 what is that mean?There is 261 files in front of me? :confused:

July2006,

You are exactly right. So keep checking that website to see how close you are. But as I said earlier that if they have different numbering scheme then my theory is faulty.

I just had my oath yesterday. My interview was in March, but I was stuck because of background check delay. Based on what I learned from other applicants, Atlanta office is now routinely doing the same day oath. Interview in the morning and oath in the afternoon. The majority people taking oath yesterday had their interviews in the morning. So this is good new for people filing at the Atlanta office.

Good luck to all.

Thank you dw2005 or the info. One question. In the interview, how did they ask the questions? You saw it on the screen and clicked or it was verbally? If it's verbally did they say all a,b,c,d ptions? Appreciate it. :)

Just checked the last 3 digits. Upto 018 is gone. So looks like they are sending 8 interview letters per working day at this time.

I took my interview in March 05. I don't know if they have changed the format since then. But back then, they asked questions verbally and you give them the answer verbally. It was not the multiple choice type.

tobecitizen said:
After receiving my passport, I'll be retiring from this forum but will be active in the Family Immigration thru Relative forum as I'll be applying for my parents.

How selfish it is! If everyone would have thought the same as you do then you had not gotten the valuable and helpful information from this forum. It is so shamful to know that people could be that selfish for their own cause. I mean-you want to hang out to Family Immigration thru Relative forum because you will be filing for your parents, but want to retire from this forum. Even a little experience from you could help someone at somewhere if you bother to think about it. If not, then there is no use for you to hang out other forum as well. I personally did not know that people could be that selfish. I don't have any immigration issue as I'm a natural born US citizen, nor I'm trying to make money by giving advises here. Yet still I spend my valuable time/energy/effort in helping people as much I could even though I'm more than 10 times a busy person than you would ever be.

tobecitizen said:
EXCUSE ME!!! :confused:

It is useless to tell you any further because if you have even a little comprehension capability, you had not said "excuse me!!!", rather you would have tried to comprehend what I meant.

Your Theory and Thanksgiving!!!!

Hello Hidimba and July2006. I do not think your theory about the numbering system is correct. Since July2006 has the same Priority Date as mine, his last 3 digits of PD number is so far away from mine.(hundreds away) :confused: Not likely, right? Other wise, I would be seriouly delayed than July2006 even we had the same PD.

Anyway, Atlanta is moving in a pace we are pleased with. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. It is the American Indians who gave us new immigrants this land :) :) :)

xzhong said:
Hello Hidimba and July2006. I do not think your theory about the numbering system is correct. Since July2006 has the same Priority Date as mine, his last 3 digits of PD number is so far away from mine.(hundreds away) :confused: Not likely, right? Other wise, I would be seriouly delayed than July2006 even we had the same PD.

Anyway, Atlanta is moving in a pace we are pleased with. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. It is the American Indians who gave us new immigrants this land :) :) :)

That's a useful observation. INS is not known for its organized approach...

tobecitizen said:
Had interview and oath yesterday. Hubbie and myslef had interview at 9:25AM and 9:45 AM. We never mentioned any traffic tickets, of course though I was given citation, I never got a ticket but my husband did. My interviewer said it's not important and left my answers as NO. The husand's interviewing officer noted down his tickets with a red pen.

My timeline

PD Date: Jan 7, 2005
FP Notice Recvd: Feb 15, 2005
FP Done: Mar 23, 2005
FBI FP Cleared: Mar 23, 2005
Name Check: ???
Interview Letter Received: Oct 01, 2005
Interview: Nov 23, '05
Oath: Nov 23, '05
Passport applied: Nov 23, '05
Passport received: ???

Extremely useful information tobecitizen that i will soon print and keep. Thanks a lot for taking the time. Good luck on your parents' immigration work.

Please let us know when u receive your passport.

Cheers...