'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

vijay04 said:
Hello
Have a couple of questions
I have been trying all night for the past 2 days and dont seem to have good luck contacting the embassy, early in the emorning no one picks up and later after 9:00 the phone is always busy. I understand that normally they post the dates on or before the 15 is that true?

{ Yeah it is some times frustating to contact consulate, but you need to keep trying.
They post the dates by mid of the previous month for the next month interview dates but keep some buffer it could be more than that }

What kind of information should the person authorised to pick up a duplicate P4 carry to the embassy and does one just stand in the que or is there a special window/form?

{The P4 are usually sent between 20th to 25th of the previous month for the next month interviews so you should be receiving by 28th till 30th of the month so don't be in a hurry.

If you need a duplicate window then person who is representing you need to have your case number your full name and the other family people details who are along with you in the process and yes there is a seperate window for pick up}

My tests were completed in the states last october, has anyone shown the test results from here and got the tests waived in Mumbai?a

{ The tests performed in US can be an added advantage for the medical done in the city of the consulate but for sure it can't be waived you have to go thru it }

Your input will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Re: Salary

If salary is not mentioned, does it have any implications? Negative impact?
Any experiences heard?
GCM

bhavnish said:
hello guys

Please let me know if i dont have vaccination record? what is the procedure for getting........ does anyone has any information..........

{Do not worry about that when you go for medical check before interview, they will care of it I mean they will test it }

thanks

GC_Mangta said:
If salary is not mentioned, does it have any implications? Negative impact?
Any experiences heard?

{ As far my knowledge goes every one has put that piece inthe EMP.Letter, I don't see a reason why you don't want to do that }

GCM

GC _Mangta

RE:BMB case number

Questions-
1. what about if in DS 230 form- I have witten my present address of US. In that case they will mail at my present address of US or not.

Bmb

Rajansinha,
As per my review of this forum, all the people in US have received it by e-mail, my 2cents would be: Give a copy of the e-mails sent by US con. and tell s'one to wait in the Q for inquiry and thus maybe getting the required details at that time.
Meanwhile keep on trying e-mail + phonecalls.
Let us all know.
Best
GCM

bhavnish said:
hello guys

Please let me know if i dont have vaccination record? what is the procedure for getting........ does anyone has any information..........

thanks
Don't sweat about it. My exp. at Hinduja was they administred me MMR (I told them my last one was abt. 9 yrs. back). Other vaccines are not suitbale to adults, which will be mentioned in the vaccination report given to you and hence will not be administered.

Bangalore local police PCC procedure?

OK, now that I have completed my Mumbai PCC's I am heading to Bangalore for the local police PCC.
Anyone knowing where to go, whom to contact?
Will greatly appreciate info input.
Thanking you in advance,
GCM
(Forgive me if this is seen in multiple postings - I am really desperate for an answer)

Hi vm 1214 and other seniors!

Finally , today 7/10- I received reply from Mumbai by reglular mail( mailed on Jun 21 from Mumbai- they received AC140 application on Jun19) with BMB case number( for which I was desperate).In letter/ packet- blank DS-230 Part 1 application- and directed me to fill and mail them ASAP -I guess Packet 3.These application forms (filled) has already been mailed by my attorney- in intial AC 140 application.

Suggest/Advise- some questions
1. Do I need to fill these again and mail them by express mail.
2. Do it has to do in scheduling with interview or interview is scheduled on basis of AC 140 application( sent by attorney with original I140 approval notice, filled DS 230
and other necessary document) accetance and case number assingnment.

Need your input.

Thanks.

ranjansinha

ranjansinha said:
Hi vm 1214 and other seniors!

Finally , today 7/10- I received reply from Mumbai by reglular mail( mailed on Jun 21 from Mumbai- they received AC140 application on Jun19) with BMB case number( for which I was desperate).

{Good News, Sabar ka Pal mita hota hai }

Suggest/Advise- some questions
1. Do I need to fill these again and mail them by express mail.

{ No you don't ahve to, fill it up and you can take it to the interview }

2. Do it has to do in scheduling with interview or interview is scheduled on basis of AC 140 application( sent by attorney with original I140 approval notice, filled DS 230 and other necessary document) accetance and case number assingnment.

{Interview is scheduled on basis of AC-140 Application. You are all set, get ready with the other documents like PCC, BC, Employment notorised letter and if any dependent then notorized I-134 form and DS-2001 form. Your interview should be 65 % August or 100 % september}

Need your input.

Thanks.

ranjansinha

Thanks

Thanks vm1214
Things are worked out so far.You were right.Today Mumbai Cons informed me by EM my interview date on Aug 30. They have mailed appt letter with packet 4 to my attroney address form Mumbai on July 6 th.
So far I have collected-
1. PCC from Indian Consulate NY for me and my wife.
2. BC - two affidavit for each.
3. I have already mailed notorizedI-134 form with intial packet-P3.
4. Will get notorized letter of employment on between July 31-Aug 5.
5. Transcript of tax return with W-2 for last 3 yrs.
6. Has aleady valid visa H1 visa stamp and H1 extension approval letter
7. my degree/training and professional certificates

Questions
1. Do I am missing any other important documents.
2. Do I need copy of my I-140 petition.
3. Do I need for PCC form India( has been in US since 1996)- Mumbai consulate has replied in email to bring PCC from Indian Consulate in NY. Do they will stick with this or will ask other PCC( from India)
4. for BC- two affidavits for each is enough or they need additional documents. I have my high school cert. with DOB.My city corporation/municipility don't issue certificate of nonavial... rather they issue BC with my date of birth signed in present date- called delayed dob cerificate- to make clear date ( dob) same in affidavit, high school cert and in delayed dob cert. Should this be okay(in comb with affdavits, HS cert..)
5. last but not least- suggestion for place of stay/ tansportation - medical at BC Hosp.
, like near Consulate.

Thanks

ranjansinha

ranjansinha said:
Thanks vm1214

So far I have collected-
1. PCC from Indian Consulate NY for me and my wife.
2. BC - two affidavit for each.
3. I have already mailed notorizedI-134 form with intial packet-P3.

{Do you have a copy of those, I am sure the consulate may have it but to be on safer side }

4. Will get notorized letter of employment on between July 31-Aug 5.
5. Transcript of tax return with W-2 for last 3 yrs.
6. Has aleady valid visa H1 visa stamp and H1 extension approval letter
7. my degree/training and professional certificates

Questions
1. Do I am missing any other important documents.

{DS-230 part I copy and DS-230 part II unsigned, I hope the rest like photos, DD you will collect it later. You also better check the link Useful stuff while waiting for interview,it can give you better idea}

2. Do I need copy of my I-140 petition.

{Try to contact you lawyer and take all the possible documents he has, nothing is necessary but it is always better to have it before you go }

3. Do I need for PCC form India( has been in US since 1996)- Mumbai consulate has replied in email to bring PCC from Indian Consulate in NY. Do they will stick with this or will ask other PCC( from India)

{PCC from Indian consulate means it has covered you stay in India, so you don't need another one }

4. for BC- two affidavits for each is enough or they need additional documents. I have my high school cert. with DOB.My city corporation/municipility don't issue certificate of nonavial... rather they issue BC with my date of birth signed in present date- called delayed dob cerificate- to make clear date ( dob) same in affidavit, high school cert and in delayed dob cert. Should this be okay(in comb with affdavits, HS cert..)

{Carry two straight with copies, don't confuse the consulate people by showing all of them (actually I got confused) }

5. last but not least- suggestion for place of stay/ tansportation - medical at BC Hosp.
, like near Consulate.

{Refer the thread Succesful interview at mumbai after June '04 onwards you may get recently interview people information and I hope will get added before you go }

Thanks

ranjansinha

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
copy DS-230 part I not taken.

My DS-230 part I is already mailed to Mumbai consulate with P3.
I do not have a copy of the DS-230 part. Is it really required to have a photo copy?

CP-QUERY said:
My DS-230 part I is already mailed to Mumbai consulate with P3.
I do not have a copy of the DS-230 part. Is it really required to have a photo copy?
It is just safe to have a copy.

rajan,
You also better check the link Useful stuff while waiting for interview,it can give you better idea.

thanks

Phone call to embassy

Guys did anyone have success getting through to the embassy and get an August date?

I did call them last Tuesday (7th July as per India) around 8:45 IST, and to my surprised the call did go thru within a couple of tries. Second surprise was I received my interview date which is scheduled in August.

Also I have been writing them mails and they seem to be responding only after confirming the interview. I too receive a mail confirmation on dated July 7th.

FYI - I have rescheduled my interview from July to August due to some medical reasons.