'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

OK, now I am genuinely confused, as there are varying opinions on whether current salary need to be mentioned in the employment letter, or the LC salary.

Can someone please post a draft of employment letter, so that I know how to present the info, and whether to mention the current salary, or the LC salary.

You can also cut and past a sample letter in your post, no need to attach a file.

It would help me a lot.

Thanks
Sanjay

ranjansinha said:
It should be issued( dated) within one month of IV interview.
The only requirment the consulate imposes is that the documents be within 6 mos. of the interview date.

But, As vm mentions above, later the better.

sansin said:
a) Some senior members like Alren have said that the CURRENT salary needs to be mentioned in the employment letter.

Umm! I don't think I ever mentioned that the "CURRENT salary needs to be mentioned". Please point to the post, so if it is indeed, I will correct it.

My stand is, If it is current salary it should not be a problem.

I think the best way out was the way mentioned in my letter, where it states that I will be paid at least the <labor salary here>.

sansin said:
Hi,
can someone please post drafts of employment letters, or, point to the post where these have been posted before.

I also have a few questions about employment letter:

a) Some senior members like Alren have said that the CURRENT salary needs to be mentioned in the employment letter. However, my attorney says that the LC salary needs to be mentioned. I am confused. Can someone alleviate my confusion please.

b) Should the letter explicitly mention that I an currently employed in this position? Or should it altogether omit the fact that I am currently working, and only mention that I would be joining the company in the given position in future, subject to approval of my IV.

c) Should the job duties be described in the letter. Should this description match verbatim, the job description given in LC Petition.

Thanks a lot
Sanjay

Hi
It is a good idea to mention your current salary, current job description, slight job description shifts are fine, say from Sr. Consultant to Software Engineer, it should not be too much deviated from the basic job D.

Here is the sample letter to the consulate.

<DATE>
Consulate General of the United States of America
<Address of the consulate>
INDIA

Re: Permanent Residence of <Primary Benefitiary>

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that <Primary Benefitiary> is employed with us on full time as a <Designation> since <Date of Joining> and his annual salary is <your package, present>. His employment will be on permanent basis upon receiving approval of his permanent residence application. The following are duties performed by him:

<EXPLAIN your current job description and what you do at work>.

Please feel free to contact us at <contact number of your company HR> if you require any further information.

Sincerely,

Employment letter

Guys,

Here is an example of one of the emploment letter. I guess it is made very well.

<DATE>
Consulate General of the United States of America
<Address of the consulate>
INDIA

Re: Employment to <Primary Benefitiary>

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that XXX company has made an offer to <Primary Benefitiary> to continue to work for us on a full time amd regular basis.as a <Designation> He will be compensated at <your package, present> (Or you can write here that the employee will be paid at least the salary that is mentioned in the labor). His employment will be on permanent basis upon receiving approval of his permanent residence application.

Mr. <Primary Benefitiary> shall perform primarily the same job duties as specified in our labor certification. This is to confirm again that we will comply with all terms of employment specified in our petition.

Please note that while the employment is permenant in nature, it is subject to normal terms of employment including satisfactory performance, compliance with compnay policy and subject to conditions in marketplace.

Please feel free to contact us at <contact number of your company HR> if you require any further information.

Draft of my Employment Letter.

Folks,

here is the draft of my Employment Letter that I prepared. Can you please give me your comments and feedback on this. In particular, I would have the following specific questions:
a) is it OK if the salary mentioned below is my current salary (which is higher than the LC salary).
b) my position as mentioned in LC is "Software Development Engineer" and my current position as mentioned in my H1B petition is "Software Engineer". Would these two positions be considered equivalent by the Consulate? If they are equivalent, then I might as well write my current position as "Software Development Engineer", so that it covers both my current and future position.

Here goes:
=======================================================
UNITED STATES CONSULATE
Mumbai, India

Re: Permanent Residence of Mr. XYZ, Case# ...

Dear Consulate Official,

This letter is to confirm that XYZ is currently employed by ABC Corp. on a full-time basis, as a Software Development Engineer, since July 2001. His current salary is $xxx per annum and he is employed in our Office at (location).

Moreover, we reaffirm that ABC CORP has made an offer of the above position on a full-time permanent basis to Mr. XYZ, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the approved application for Alien Employment Certification. Mr. XYZ is considered qualified for this position, by virtue of his prior work experience and educational background. This employment will commence on a permanent basis, as soon as Mr. XYZ’s immigration status permits him to accept this position. ABC Corp continues to offer this position to Mr. XYZ, and the offer will continue to be open to him in the immediate future. ABC Corp. employs around 170 people, and we are willing and able to to pay the above mentioned salary to Mr. XYZ, upon the approval of his Immigrant Visa.

Please note that, ABC Corp. reserves the right to terminate this appointment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice.

Mr. XYZ’s job duties will be as follows:
...blah,blah,blah...

I declare under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct.

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.
=========================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,
can I get some feedback please, on the draft of my employment verification letter posted just above this post.

Thanks a ton
Sanjay

vaccines from US

Anybody planning to take vaccines while in US.
Are the vaccination reports from US honored at medical test in Mumbai?

Vaccination reports

sansin said:

Yes, Vaccination reports should be honored in Mumbai. But don't be enuthiasic in taking all vaccinations here. Please consult your physician , and show the list of vaccination(Dept of state) and on his recommendations take required vaccinations. Take the report with you.

ranjansinha

Conversion rate for visa rate.

Mumbai CPiers for Aug

What is the current dollar/Rs conversion required for visa fee? In P4 it say $1= Rs 46. But they also mentioned contact the consulate for current rate.

Any feedback/comment/suggestions.

ranjansinha

List of vaccination

Where can I find a complete list of vaccination, that is specified by the Department of State.

sansin said:

For personal experience at Hinduja, I would suggest not to take any vaccines nor try to hunt your vaccination report.

I informed at Hinduja that I had take MMR about 8-9 yrs. back backed by the appropriate reports, they still gave it to me again. All the other vaccinations were reported as not suitable for the age.

If I were you, I would expend my energy for other items.

ranjansinha said:
Mumbai CPiers for Aug

What is the current dollar/Rs conversion required for visa fee? In P4 it say $1= Rs 46. But they also mentioned contact the consulate for current rate.

{Conversion rate is pretty much std. So don't worry about it. All you need to take is finally RS 15410/- DD per applicant. }

ranjansinha

Me and my wife recently took MMR vaccinations and are planning to take the proof of vaccination letter with us. Per Alren, it does not matter since Hinduja would give the MMR irrespective of whether you have taken the same.

Does anyone know what policy they follow in other places/hospitals - Breach Candy, Lalvati??

Thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
Does anyone know what policy they follow in other places/hospitals - Breach Candy, Lalvati??
{If you have a Vaccination record you can carry to Breach Candy they will surely look into it and suggest you with the next steps. But any ways the cost of MMR at Breach candy is RS 120 (70 + 50) I am sure you have paid more than that in US expect if the Doctor is your personal family member }

Thanks.
S

Vm1214,

I am not concerned about the cost but i do not want to have to take vaccination again. Also, one quick question:

Which office sends the Packet4?? Does it come from DC or from Consulate?? Does it also contain the Appointment letter??

Thanks
S

Vaccination /P4 letter

1. There is no policy in any hosp, it is purely clinical decision. In general, you should not be revaccinated if you have taken vaccination within 6-12 months.
2. In case of chicken pox vaccination- if you already suffered from chicken pox or has taken chicken pox vaccination - then it should never be repeated
as there is change of severe allergy reaction and encephalitis.

P4 letter

1. The address is written of Mumbai Consulate but stamped from Wahington DC. Not sure notice comes from US Consul, Mumbai,( inner envelope) then mailed from Wahington DC.

2. Yes, appt. letter comes with P4.

ranjansinha

sanjay76 said:
Vm1214,

Which office sends the Packet4?? Does it come from DC or from Consulate??

{ Us consulate sends the P4 to the Washingtion DC and DC sends the P4 to us }

Does it also contain the Appointment letter??

{YES, it is one of the important document in the P4, rest is the instructions for the consualte , PCC, BC, Medicals etc and in my case there was DS-230 part I and II for both the applicants }

Thanks
S

sanjay76 said:
Me and my wife recently took MMR vaccinations and are planning to take the proof of vaccination letter with us. Per Alren, it does not matter since Hinduja would give the MMR irrespective of whether you have taken the same.
If it was pretty recent then it is better to consult a doctor to see if it's not going to do any harm. Mine was 8-9 yrs. back.

Is Fee still $325?

I sent $325 to NVC per person, is it still valid? they have not said otherwise in my P4. If it has increased how do I make payment at the embassy cash is USD or do i need to get a draft? Interview next week. Also photographs, I read that the ones at the one in Breach candy is not valid inside the embassy (from an experience post earlier) is it ok for the medicals? Is there a better place for photographs?

Thanks