'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

packet 4 arrrival from Mumbai

Hi,

I am going through reglar consular processing. The mumbai consulate web-site tells that my interview date is on July 21 2004. But I have not received the packet 4 which has the appointment letter for medical tests along with other stuff...

I have booked tickets and all so I am a little worried.

Have any of you who has the interview in July, got their Packet-4's or appointment letter for medical tests till now ?

Thanks
STK

sth said:
Hi,

Have any of you who has the interview in July, got their Packet-4's or appointment letter for medical tests till now ?

{ I am positive it should be arriving in this week, When is your flying date and your medicals ? }

Thanks
STK

My interview is on July 23 in chennai and i am waiting for that too....As of now nothing and i am leaving on July 2 from here...So i am keeping my fingers crossed....
BJ77
sth said:
Hi,

I am going through reglar consular processing. The mumbai consulate web-site tells that my interview date is on July 21 2004. But I have not received the packet 4 which has the appointment letter for medical tests along with other stuff...

I have booked tickets and all so I am a little worried.

Thanks
STK

hi,

My interview is on july 21. How long before departure does one get the packet 4 from the consulate ?

sth

I am flying july 9. july 12 is my medical appointment date.
I am also praying everyday. :)

shrinath

Shrinath:
Mostly it will be mailed between 20 to 25 of every month and positively we should be receiving it before 30th.

BJ77
sth said:
hi,

My interview is on july 21. How long before departure does one get the packet 4 from the consulate ?

sth

Sailing Permit?

Anybody bothering to take the Sailing Permit? Is it the same as IRS 9003, or are those two different? IRS 9003 is no more required, right???

Sanjay

sansin said:
Anybody bothering to take the Sailing Permit? Is it the same as IRS 9003, or are those two different? IRS 9003 is no more required, right???

Sanjay

Sailing Permit AKA IRS 9003.

Not required.

Raju

Sailing permit not required

R 162254Z MAY 02
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO ALL DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR POSTS
SPECIAL EMBASSY PROGRAM
DUSHANBE POUCH
UNCLAS STATE 094440

E.O. 12958: N/A

TAGS: CVIS

SUBJECT: IRS Form 9003 No Longer Required

Neither BCIS nor IRS is collecting IRS Form 9003 ("Additional Questions to be Completed by All Applicants for Permanent Residence in the United States") from those applying for entry at POEs with an IV or DV. NVC and KCC do not include IRS Form 9003 in the Packet 4 mailing. Effective immediately, consular officers no longer need to collect this form from IV/DV applicants and include it in the packet for BCIS. Applicants should not be refused 221(g) for lack of an IRS Form 9003. FAM note 42.33, PN5.2 has been corrected to omit Form 9003 from the list of documents to be included in the IV packet.

POWELL

sanjay:
Above posted is the colin powell's message...It is not at all required...

BJ77

sansin said:

Sanjay

Hi

Even if your lawyer has signed it, you need to get it notarized from a Notary Public in "US" for accuracy of information.

You will need to get your letter from employer notarized.

Regarding Bank Statement, there is no necessity to get it notarized. Call your Banks' customer service number and find out if they will issue letter reflecting your account. Normally all banks have that service, my bank charges 10$s for such letter. They provide information about the account and address it to whoever you request them to.

I134

Thanks a lot everyone!! FOR YOUR INPUT ON THE i134 ISSUE. i GOT MY i134 NOTARIZED today. SO THAT ISSUE IS LAYED TO REST.

I have an notarized I134 now and I should be getting the notarized employmenty letter soon.

I got the i 134 on a single sheet of paper back tp back and notarized on the back side where I signed.

I also have'nt recieved my Packet 4 yet. but i am leaving on 15th July. My interview date is on the 29th of july.I think I am the last one in July. :)

Anyoen who has recieved the Packet 4 yet???

Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj,
This evening I read some of the Chennai folks received the P4 packet.

Last is always best b'cause you can gather more experience

Thanks

alren,
Don't you sleep at night\s ????? Its almost 2.00AM india time.

Well the reason I put the link is to know for the CPers that there is proof for what you said.

Thanks

Do you really want to know what my schedule is like ???? :rolleyes:

What the consulate gave me was a the print out of pretty much what's on the link you posted!

alren said:
What the consulate gave me was a the print out of pretty much what's on the link you posted!
{Yes I agree 100 %, just felt nobody should ask how alren got this information so I did that}

Thanks

packet 4

Does any one know to what address does the Mumbai Consulate send the packet 4 to ? If any one knows to what address other consulates in India send their packets to even that would help as we can expect the Mumbai consulate to do the same.

Has any one tried asking the consulate whether the packets for last week & second last week of july have been sent ? I tried I did not get a reply yet.

Did anyone have to send someone in Mumbai to collect their packet 4's ?

:confused:

thanks,
sth.

sth said:
Does any one know to what address does the Mumbai Consulate send the packet 4 to ? If any one knows to what address other consulates in India send their packets to even that would help as we can expect the Mumbai consulate to do the same.

{by default to the address you have filled in Item # 13 of DS 230 Part I.

However you have the option of getting the packet 4 to an address in
India by communicating the same to the consulate by email. }

Has any one tried asking the consulate whether the packets for last week & second last week of july have been sent ? I tried I did not get a reply yet.

Did anyone have to send someone in Mumbai to collect their packet 4's ?

{Candidates can send a representative to the consulate to collect packet 4 or a copy on their behalf}

:confused:

thanks,
sth.

{my responses}

Spend some time researching the forums and you can gather a lot of
information.

Raju

p4

Raju,

I am aware of that and I am doing that. I hope the packet comes on time.

Sth