'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

Sth,
Hope the packet comes by end of this week or early next week. But still you can proceed with some body sending to the consulate.

Actually this time it is late some of the Chennai folks already got it may be mumbai has delayed from their side.

thanks

STH,
Just now I read email from my lawyer they say they received the appt. letter for me. check with your lawyer ?

Mine is AC-140 case but not sure how it went to my lawyer's office even though I put my address in DS-230 part I and the consul rep from mumbai assured me it will be send to my address.

Thanks

Got the Packet 4!!!!

Hi Folks,

I got the Packet 4 in the mail today :D

Awesome.So all of you should also be getting it by tommorrow or early next week.

They mailed my Packet 4 out on June14th.So it takes 15 days for it to get here.

So all set now ...just have to put all the paperwork together in folders and files.

Haathi nikal gaya ...poonch baaki hai :D

Raj

Finally got my BMB number, NOW WHAT?

(First of sorry if you see this in multiple postings-...)
Pranaams to all the gurus and all that have been great help.
Got a letter from the consulate giving us the BMB number and the DS forms.

Our questions are:
1) Do we have to re-write the DS forms and re-submit them to the Mumbai consulate?
2) Our lawyer says that the sponsor company only has to send in the employment letter to us now, the I-864 and last 3 years tax returns of the company are not necessary.
Is this true? Can someone send in a reference so that I can e-mail the lawyer that the above is/is not true.
3) When can we expect to have our interviews?
4) Besides PCC, what kinda affidavit of support do we need?
(My wife is the beneficiary, petitioned by her company in USA) We have some funds still in USA .
I'll really be grateful if you can answer the above ASAP.
Thanking you,
GCM

packet 4

Raj,

Did it arrive to your address or to your lawyers address ?
Vm says that not neccessarily do they send it to hthe address listed in
#13 DS230 part I.

I am asking because I changed my residence and I have to go to the other
residence to collect this packet in case they sent to the other address.

I do not have to do this in case it gets sent to my lawyers address.

Thanks for your help,
Sth

Sth,
I checked with another past cper (amdomd) who also did AC-140 and in his case two copies of appt. letter was sent one to lawyer and one to him at his address.
What is your case type ???

thanks

Hotels

Folks,

If you are going to stay in a hotel in Mumbai, can you please start posting the hotel information for the benefit of the rest of us who have little to no information about Mumbai? I have never been to Mumbai. Some people have suggested 3-5 star hotels, but I would be staying in Mumbai for about 10 days due to other work, hence, I am looking for budget hotels (around Rs 1500 per night, upper limit Rs 2000).

Can you folks please offer your suggestions.

Thanks
Sanjay

p4

vm1214 said:
Sth,
I checked with another past cper (amdomd) who also did AC-140 and in his case two copies of appt. letter was sent one to lawyer and one to him at his address.
What is your case type ???

thanks

I am regular cp category not AC-140.

sth,
As stated early this morning and according to amdomd experience I also received the P4 today in the mail.
It has a stamp of jun 28th from washington DC.So don't worry you will also get it.

Just for info, it contained std appointment letter with my name and address in bold and visa interview date, with case number and the applicants name and DOB. Another sheet of paper with all instructions about passports, PCC, Aff. of support visa fee and items not permitted in the consulate.

A special sheet of paper with header Imp notice for immigrant visa applicants
It contained the new photo requriements for july 2004 onwards.

Another sheet of paper with Instructions for medical examination details and also hospital details for Breach candy, lilavati, hinduja and the medical charges for the test.

Two DS-230- Part I and II as we are two applicants.

Thanks

VM - I am a little confused?? did you say you received Packet4 from DC? I thought that P4 comes from Consulate..is it diferent for Regular versus AC 140 consular processing ??

thanks
S

sanjay76 said:
VM - I am a little confused?? did you say you received Packet4 from DC? I thought that P4 comes from Consulate..is it diferent for Regular versus AC 140 consular processing ??

{ Don't get confused Sanjay, it comes from the consulate but it is posted from DC. And it is not different for AC-140. To know the theory research some threads it is being explained }

thanks
S

I'm living in Mumbai at present

Hello Guys,
First of all, thanks a million VM for letting out the info on my queries. My BMB number came in on the 28th June (EB3-employment based)
Also I live in Mumbai about 10 mins away from the consulate (At Malbarhill) if any of you need any local assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also I'm a consultant physician at Lilavati hospital so if you guy's need any medical help let me know.
Let's hope all goes well in the next 60 days
GCM

RE "A" Number if known?????

Since we had to fill in the ds forms again, a major question arose:
Is the A # the same as the admissions number on my F-1 I-120, do I write that number (A 11 digit number) or write NA.
Please help,
:confused:
GCM

Hi!

I need suggestions/answers to some questions-

1.My attroney has applied for AC-140 CP at Mumbai Consulate. Usually how many days/weeks we hear about accepatnce from consulate.

2.I have obtained PCC from Indian Consulate in NY. Is it important to get police certificate from home town in India(a pain).

3. Birth certficate- I have affidavit filed from parents,Registrar office in India has issued me delayed birth certificate with details(like birth cert.) b/c they don't issue
no avialability certificate. Is this will be okay with Mumbai Consulate.

4.Visa fee- can I take demand draft in $ from US bank payable to USConsulate,Mumbai
or they accept draft only in Rupees issued by bank in India.

Thanks.

Ranjan

GC_Mangta said:
Since we had to fill in the ds forms again, a major question arose:
Is the A # the same as the admissions number on my F-1 I-120, do I write that number (A 11 digit number) or write NA.
Please help,

{ A # is the number you get once your POE is complete after your green card stamping, so it is not the same }

:confused:
GCM

ranjansinha said:
Hi!

I need suggestions/answers to some questions-

1.My attroney has applied for AC-140 CP at Mumbai Consulate. Usually how many days/weeks we hear about accepatnce from consulate.

{ Two weeks }

2.I have obtained PCC from Indian Consulate in NY. Is it important to get police certificate from home town in India(a pain).

{ If you are in US at present and you have completed more than six months and you didn't stay in any other country other than India, then you don't require Indian PCC }

3. Birth certficate- I have affidavit filed from parents,Registrar office in India has issued me delayed birth certificate with details(like birth cert.) b/c they don't issue
no avialability certificate. Is this will be okay with Mumbai Consulate.

{ Your birth date should match the birth date you have submitted throught out you GC process, your education etc. delayed is not accepted }

4.Visa fee- can I take demand draft in $ from US bank payable to USConsulate,Mumbai or they accept draft only in Rupees issued by bank in India.

{Draft is required only in the local Indian currency }

Thanks.

{You should have researched this forum before you have put these questions as all your questions have been discussed in many threads }

Ranjan

FBI NameCheck Clearance

How many of you are planning to get the FBI Name-Check clearance? If any of you are conversant with the procedure, can you please post the procedure here?

Thanks
Sanjay

Mumbai Appt Dates for August Finalized

Folks,

the appointment dates are finalized at Mumbai. I called up today, July 6th, at 2.30 pm Indian time (5.00 am my time) and found out that they have scheduled appointment dates for August, and in the process of mailing out P-4.

Been trying their phone since 8.30 am Indian time. Finally got through at 2.30 pm Indian time. So, stayed awake almost all night.

sanjay