Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Pcc????

What is that?? If its the Criminal check, went in on a monday, in my hands on Thurs!! and was free. Keep In mind the RCMP detachment here is in a small town, so not that busy!! lol!!! I also got one from Winnipeg--cost me $25 and took a couple of weeks to get!! If your talking about fingerprinting, have no idea, as I didnt have to do that!! Best of luck

Flames9, I'm a Canadian permanent resident. After I immigrate to the States, can I still keep my permanent resident card or the US authorities will ask me to surrender it when I pass the border? Thanks.

???

No clue Lucien!! Im a canadian citizen!! Born and raised here!!! I can retain dual citezenship, If i decide to take American citenship!! I read somewhere that you cant keep your permanent resident card at same time as perm resident in USA!! But not sure!! sorry

tuff options - back to I-485 or wait for NVC clear bkgrnd check? Any recommandations?

:confused: Hello everyone,

I have real tuff decision to make. My case has been pending in NVC for administrative process (during package 3 review, waiting for interview) for more than 4 months, and it seems no ending soon. And since the date in Visa bulletin for Chinese is 01JAN02 (while my priority date is Feb. 2002, which means I have to wait quota to get green card even I go through interview).

My lawyer recommends me switch back to I-485. She said that at least I can change job after 6 months. If so, my consulate process will have to withdraw, which I already wait for 16 months. And I do not know how long it will take for the I-485 if I file now.

Which way I should go? I really appreciate your reply!

Thanks,

Motown

Retrogress

Hello all:

Th auotomated service at NVC indicates that "my application has been completed" and it has been a month. But I am not sure when I will be given the Interview date.

My Priority date is Aug 2002. With the retrogression, do I have to wait until my priority date becomes current ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

The automated system will change to that your case has been sent to the consulate in XXXXX. If you are in EB3 category, yes you will have to wait for the PD becomes current.

Notarized employment letter

I believe that you take the employment letter to your interview. I don't think it is included in your submission to the NVC.

How long to transfer case to NVC

My I-140 was approved on January 25 (filed December 2nd--way to go Nebraska!)

How long does it take to have this forwarded to the NVC. I opted for consular processing, so I assume its automatic. As of today, the NVC phone status is showing that the case has not yet been received.

Case Completed

My case cpmpleted so what is next step now? Can they sent the interview letter or status will change that "Your case is transfered to consulate"
Thanks.

steps after case reviewed by NVC

Kaghzi72:

Once your packet 3 is successfully reviewed by NVC, NVC will ask Washington to assign you a visa number. This step is typically performed on the 20th of each month. After this, NVC will schedule your interview. The interview date for Montreal should be known by the 2nd week of the following month. You can call NVC around May 10th to see if they have scheduled your interview. I would predict that in your case, since it seems from the cptracker that the review of your case was completed on 4/12/05, and if everything goes smoothly (i.e., if a visa number is available), your interview should be in the middle of June. I was told that if the consulate is booked up for the next available month, i.e., June in your case, then it would be scheduled for the following month, i.e., July in your case. In my case these 2 last steps went smoothly (as per my description above), unlike the beginning of my CP process which was slowed down by first my case being assigned to the wrong consulate and second by an RFE for original documents. My interview is scheduled for May 18th. I will post my experience after I come back from Montreal.

Timlines

That's great to hear!

Can you give me some ideas on your timelines:

1. Time between NVC receiving notice of fees paid from St. Louis to the time Packet 3 was sent out?

2. Time between NVC receiving packet 3 and approval?

Good luck in Montreal. Please keep us all posted. I'm hoping to be there in July or August.

timelines

Blondhenge--

The timelines, including mine, are posted on cptracker.com

My case was a bit unusual in that I experienced 2 delays as per my earlier post. First delay, to reassign to Montreal consulate, caused a 2 month delay; second, RFE for original BCs, police certificates, etc. caused a 1 month delay. So, my recommendation is make sure you send your original documents with packet 3. Good luck with your process.

D

re: timelines

Thanks Dot. I went to cptracker and now have a better idea of things.

One question: I assume that you currently live in the US. Did you use a fingerprint based criminal record check, or just a name based? I've heard so many opinions on this, including several on this board.

I ordered my fingerprint based several months ago and am still waiting for them. In the meantime, I went to Canada and got name based done. I'm planning on submitting the name based with my P3 (which should be in the next week or two) and hopefully the fingerprint based will arrive by the time I go to Montreal.

Does anyone else have experience on this issue? As an aside, I am a natural born Canadian--I have not lived in any other countries except Canada and the US.

Thanks all!

criminal record from Canada

blondhege--

Like you, I have heard all kinds of opinions vis-a-vis the Canadian Criminal Record. My plan was like yours, i.e., to submit the name-based record with packet 3. Luckily, the fingerprint-based one arrived just prior to my submission of packet 3, so I included it. However, I would concur with your plan. The worst that can happen is that you will get an RFE from NVC for the other record. When did you apply for the fingerprint one? I waited 4 months for mine.

Cheers.

re: criminal record check from Canada

I sent fingerprints off at the beginning of February. I'm hoping to see it by June. In the meantime, the NVC will be sending out my packet 3 next week hopefully (they finally have record of me paying the fees). Since me and my attorney are ready to go with the P3 submission, I'm hoping to send that back to them within a few days of receipt.

It's good to keep this thread active. Please everybody... if you are doing the Montreal thing, let us know how things are going for you!

New memebr in Montreal thread

Thank you for the wealth of information on this thread. This helped me understand the process bit clear. :) :)

My information
I-140 Approved in Feb second week :)
NVC on April 18th it seems they entered the information into their system :)
NVC Message fee receipt generated, it takes few weeks .... :rolleyes:
PD Sep-2002

Is any one in this thread cam explain me, reviewing Packet 3 is taking average 4 weeks for MTL cases. All other (most cases) less than 1 week.

How can I best prepare for Packet 3, I mean what doc should I collect before hand.

I am preparing to apply police certificate (2)
Trying to get Birth certificate
I have Marriage certificate
Is there anything I missed here?

Last edited by a moderator:
to mtlgc

Thank you for the wealth of information on this thread. This helped me understand the process bit clear. YOU ARE WELCOME. SEE RESPONSES IN CAPS.

My information
I-140 Approved in Feb second week
NVC on April 18th it seems they entered the information into their system
NVC Message fee receipt generated, it takes few weeks ....
PD Sep-2002

Is any one in this thread cam explain me, reviewing Packet 3 is taking average 4 weeks for MTL cases. All other (most cases) less than 1 week.

ACTUALLY, MY REVIEW HAPPENED PRETTY QUICKLY, WITHIN 1 WEEK, FOR BOTH THE ORIGINAL PACKET 3 AND TO AN RFE.

How can I best prepare for Packet 3, I mean what doc should I collect before hand. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR LIST IS PRETTY COMPLETE; BASICALLY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE POLICE CERTIFICATES (PCCs) FOR EVERY COUNTRY YOU LIVED IN FOR >6MONTHS AFTER THE AGE OF 16. FOR CANADA, THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF PCCs: NAME-SEARCH AND FINGERPRINT BASED. THE FORMER CAN BE OBTAINED AT MOST RCMP OFFICES WITHIN 1/2 HOUR, THE LATTER TAKES 4-6 MONTHS (FROM OTTAWA-SEE RCMP WEBSITE). MY RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE TO APPLY FOR THE FINGERPRINT ONE ASAP. IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT BY THE TIME YOU'RE READY TO SUBMIT PACKET 3, I WOULD SUBMIT THE NAME-SEARCH ONE. IF NVC DOES NOT LIKE IT, THEY WILL SEND AN RFE. IT MIGHT BE BEST THOUGH TO HAVE THE FINGERPRINT ONE AT LEAST FOR THE INTERVIEW (JUST IN CASE THIS BECOMES AN ISSUE). ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE ORIGINAL.

I am preparing to apply police certificate (2)
Trying to get Birth certificate
I have Marriage certificate
Is there anything I missed here? DIVORCE PAPERS, DEATH CERTIFICATES (IF APPLICABLE)