Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

gcDrone

Registered Users (C)
Please post all Montreal related issues here. I have updated the tracking information based on posts in previous discussion.

PK3-YOU: NVC sent Packet 3 to you.
PK3-STL: You sent Packet 3 to St. Louis.
STL-NVC: St. Louis sent case to NVC.
NVC-REV: NVC Review complete
PK4-YOU: Packet 4 received by you.
INT-MTL: Interview date.
POEDATE: Date of entry.
CRD-RCV: Plastic card(s) received

AttaBoy: STL-NVC (3/7)
James Smith: PK3-STL (2/21)
Veteran: STL-NVC (9/1)
Dongky: NVC-REV (1/11)
CDN_CPER: NVC-REV (2/7)
Ara2000: NVC-REV (2/22)
Enduring: INT-MTL (4/11)
gcDrone: POEDATE: (3/9)
KxFamily: CRD-RCV: (2/1)

Montreal CP Successful!

I am pleased to inform all of you that our consular process was completed successfully last week. Thanks to God for bringing it all together at the right time – the PDs, the approvals, and a timely extension on my project that helped me keep my job :) Thanks to my family for their support and perseverance through this process. Kudos to our law firm whose diligence in preparing the paperwork helped us sail through the consular process without any glitches, and to my employer for the much needed support.

Would also like to thank the law offices of Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna for establishing this wonderful forum and to all the patrons who provided a wealth of information for aspiring immigrants.

Thanks to NVC’s upfront processing, the interview was a non-event. We were first called at a counter for document review. Except for IRS 9003, all other documents (originals) had been submitted in Packet III. We provided the IRS 9003, along with our medical results and four photos. We also supplied photocopies of birth and marriage certificates and obtained the originals. The lady assembled all documents and asked us to wait for the interview. About 10-15 minutes later, we were called into an interview room. It looked more like an enclosure built around a counter. The interviewer was an African American lady in her mid forties. I was happy to not find the dreaded ‘bearded guy’! She asked us to take oath (raise your right hand and affirm the veracity of information provided), browsed through our documents, and asked a few cursory questions, essentially verifying the information on our DS 230s (e.g., what’s your DOB, parents’ names, who do you work for). The interview barely lasted for ten minutes. At the end of these questions, she told us that she would approve our visa and asked us to pay the issuance fees and wait for the visa packet. About a half hour later, my name was called and I was given the visa packets. We drove to Port Champlain the next day and got our passports stamped.

We were the first ones to get the visa packet, so I don’t know how the other interviews went. However, we did see two parties go back after the initial document review – apparently they did not have some supporting documents.

Overall, the process was fairly smooth and quick. I shall be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Thanks once again to all the patrons of this board who helped me get a much better understanding of the process.

Congrats.

The journey is finally drawing to the end. Please keep posting when you get the actual cards. I am trying to find which port will be the best in this regard.

Can you answer the following questions:
1. Was IRS 9003 explicity requested in pkt 4? Does everybody has to have it for the interview as I know it is not required for AOS any more? How long does it take to get it from IRS? When is the best time to start requesting IRS for it? Where on the internet you can get hold of a copy?
2. So you can supply copies to get the originals back? It is standard procedure for the consulate? Or you have to spcifically ask for those originals?

Thanks.

Jiang:

Thanks! Here are the answers to your questions:

Was IRS 9003 explicity requested in pkt 4? Does everybody has to have it for the interview as I know it is not required for AOS any more? How long does it take to get it from IRS? When is the best time to start requesting IRS for it? Where on the internet you can get hold of a copy?

You do not need to obtain it from IRS, because NVC will include the IRS 9003 form(s) in Packet 4. It is required for the consular interview, even though INS has phased it out from AOS. It is a very simple form and will take you five minutes to complete (IRS\' estimate). Essentially, it asks for your tax filing status. Upon a successful interview, the consulate shall forward it to IRS for recordkeeping. Here is a pdf copy for your reference:
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/visas/student/scholarvisas/PR/IRS9003.pdf

You may want to keep your tax filing records (copies of tax returns, employee copies of W2s) and obtain a tax transcript from IRS. These will serve as supporting documentation for IRS 9003 if needed. Although I carried these docs, I was not asked for anything other than the IRS 9003s, but the person on adjacent counter had to produce W2s and tax returns. It is better to carry too much than too little.

So you can supply copies to get the originals back? It is standard procedure for the consulate? Or you have to spcifically ask for those originals?

Yes, if you were required by NVC to provide originals / certified copies while submitting Packet 3, this is the time to get them back. It is not a standard procedure, and the consulate may not give them unless you ask for them. If you think you\'ll need them in the future, be sure to get them back at the time of document review. After the interview, all of your documents will be put into a sealed visa packet, and the border post may not return them to you.

P3 Reviewed by NVC

My P3 reviewed by NVC on 03/12/2002
Consulate: Montreal
Here are the details:
I-140 AD: 12/28/2001
NVC RD: 01/02/2002
NVC Case Created: 01/15/2002
NVC P3 Created and sent: 01/28/2002
P3 Received by Attorney: 01/31/2002
P3 Mailed to St.Louis: 02/13/2002
P3 Reached NVC : 02/21/2002
P3 Reviewed by NVC : 03/12/2002
The operator said that they will send the P4 to attorney after the interview date gets confirmed.

Great news!

That\'s great news. PKT3 review completed in 20 days! Any idea, when attorney will receive PKT4? Days or weeks?

-Attaboy

Congrats!!

gcDrone,

I am very happy for you! If anyone deserved it, it was definitely you. I know I speak for everyone on this thread, that you have been very helpful in answering everyone\'s questions. Thanks for all your input and insights.

Once again congrats!

Congrats and question

Congratulations! It must feel good. (I look forward to a similar experience in a few weeks).

You do not mention the form I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Were you asked to submit this? Was it included in the packet IV (I haven\'t received mine yet).

Thanks.

No Title

GcDrone, Congratulations and good luck in your post-GC life. A quick question. Did you get an updated letter from your employer at the time of interview or the one you sent with your Pkt3 was enough. I did not see you mention it but just double checking. Thanks again for your valuable input to this forum.

Re: I-134 & Updated Employment Letter

Thanks for all your wishes. It is quite a relief to not be a temporary worker anymore. Life otherwise remains the same :)

Enduring: My case included spouse as the dependant. Per NVC’s instructions, I had included the affidavit of support (I-134) in Packet III. It was not referred to during the interview.

Ara2000: You are right. I did submit an updated employment letter at the time of document review.

Good luck!

Looks like employment letter is also required at pkt3?

GCDrone,
I thought it\'s only required at interview. Does the letter filed with pkt3 also need to be notarized?

Thanks.

Jiang:

Yes, NVC had asked for an employment letter with Packet III. All immigration related employment verification letters / offer letters were notarized by HR, so we did not have to worry about the notarization.

Thanks.

Just added one more headache. Our corporate laywer is really slow. I was thinking to take over it after 1-140 approval. Looks like I have to retain them because of this.

Thanks.

Hotel Suggestion

Congrats GC Drone.

I am headed to Montreal next week and would like to get suggestions for hotel.

Thanks

Medical Exam

Can you tell us where you had your physicals?
Do you have to pick a physician in the same province where you last lived in Canada?

Successful GC

I just got GC stamped couple days ago.
I stayed at travelodge -> very cheap and close to consular
medical - went to Dr. Howard & associates in Montreal office -> blood tests for AIDS and syphilis, Chest X-ray, questionaries from Dr even though I was ok with TD, I received booster shot for $25 CDN which is cheap-> took me 45 min to finish and got my results back in 2 days. clerk told me everything is good.
Interview
- called to booth and gave police clearance, employment letter, Tax form, medical, B-certificate, two photos (taken from tony\'s - very professional - $23 CDN)
waited for interview - about 20- 30 later went to interview room - asked simple questions (done in 1 - 2 min) ask me to pay visa fee at cashier
waited another 30 min received visa package done in by 10:00
drove back to border - received stamp and finger printed - took me 10 min
good luck to everyone

Tony\'s Studio\'s address

Lot of people mentioned this shop. Can you give us the address and phone number?

Thanks.

Physicals

I had mine done at the offices of Dr. Howard Seiden (http://www.panelphysicians.com). You can get your medicals done anywhere. Look up gcDrone "Montreal Interview Tracker: Ara2000, Veteran, Mamba, Berty, Jaks, Dongky, Enduring, James Smith, KxFamily, and others, please post your information here." 2/18/02 1:27pm for more information on doctors for Montreal CP.

The Toronto office provides same day service (you go for medicals around 7-8am, get results by 4pm same day) and charges $10 a pop for any immunization that you may need.

Tony\'s address:

Tony\'s info is

Tony Photo Studio
460 St. Catherine St. West Suite 604 Tel 514-395-6050

If you are in the US, try the photo studios that serve INS (I-485, etc.) applicants. We got our pictures taken in the US, $12 for four photos.