Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Hi,
I hope someone can help me out....
I made a trip to IFS in halifax to gather information on the canadian pcc and was told that right now there is a huge backlog with the RCMP in Ottawa and the fingerprint / PCC might take a minimum of 150 days to process.... also they told me that i would need to get the case number from montreal consulate starting with MTL to start the PCC process as they send a card with packet 3 that needs to be filled out...

i hope someone who has faced a similar situation can tell me how they went about this to avoid the delay....I am a Canadian PR - I am not sure if i need to get the fingerprint check done or only the name check pcc for montreal CP.

I would appreciate all your help...

thanks,
Roshini

Police Certificate

Hello Gurus,
If i am not living in Canada and have opted for CP in Canada, do i need to get the PCC from Canada.
Thanks for your response.

gc_mushy

going for CP .

I am also going for CP . My I -140 just got approved.
I was wondering if you could give me folllowing information.

1] If you are Indian citizen , can you go for CP in canada? What is process? Is it faster?

2] How do you keep track of your case at NVC and consulate? What is the process?

Thanks ,

Interview Date!!!!

Hey all. Listed below is my timeline. Took about 8 months from start to Interview!!! Doing a Cr-1. Best of luck!!!

April or May 2004 submitted 129F and I-130
22 July 2004 I-130 approved at Vermont
10 Oct 2004 lawyer submitted all required paperwork to NVC
15 Oct 2004 NVC receives all documents
28 Oct 2004 NVC approves all paperwork
04 Nov 2004, Now awaiting Interview date in Montreal Canada
04 Nov 2004 Not as if it matters, but 129F at the National Benefits Centre is only being processed at March 24 2004!! So I-130 was much much faster for us!!
12 Nov 2004---Lovely Emma at NVC states my Interview in Montreal is Set for Dec 07 @ 0830!!! <Happy Dance>

request for information for cp in montreal

GC Indian said:
Congrats GC Drone.

I am headed to Montreal next week and would like to get suggestions for hotel.

Thanks
Request for Information about CP in Montreal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a canadian citizen working in usa on H1B visa with canadian landed immigrant spouse.I am interested in getting CP at montreal but I have few questions.
How many times I will have to leave USA to canada before getting my final interview at Montreal? I am concerned for my spouse as she is not a canadian citizen (only a landed immigrant) and her H-4 visa has expired and she will have probelm getting back.

As long as I have to leave USA for final medical and Interview, I am willing to take the risk for faster processing.

Also what kind of PCC in canada is required? name/dob based? or complete finger print based? Any ways to get it done within usa without leaving for canada, e.g through consulate etc etc? how long it takes?
What is exactly needed to be submitted to NVC with Pakcet 3. Is police report needed to be submitted at this point?
If some one has lived less than one month in canada, do they also need a PCC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hawk3000

1. You have to leave the country only for Medicals/Interview
2. You have to submit police clearance certificates with Packet 3 to NVC
3. If you are not currently living in Canada you need finger print based PCC from RCMP Canada. Visit their website or check previous posts in this thread

to ggsr

Thank U very much for the answer, but my question is how can i get the finger print done from RCMP while staying here in USA? Do the results need to be submitted with packet 3 to NVC?

Thanks in advance!
hawk3000

hawk3000 said:
Thank U very much for the answer, but my question is how can i get the finger print done from RCMP while staying here in USA? Do the results need to be submitted with packet 3 to NVC?

Thanks in advance!
hawk3000

Go to the nearest police station and get finger printed ( You and your spouse). Tell them that you need this for US immigration. Send finger prints , US$18 money order, a cover letter to RCMP. Check RCMP website for details.

YES YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE RESULTS WITH PACKET 3

Please note that RCMP take 4-6 months to process your application and issue PCC. That is the reason most of the Montreal CPers apply for Canada PCC in advance

ggsr said:
Go to the nearest police station and get finger printed ( You and your spouse). Tell them that you need this for US immigration. Send finger prints , US$18 money order, a cover letter to RCMP. Check RCMP website for details.

YES YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE RESULTS WITH PACKET 3

Please note that RCMP take 4-6 months to process your application and issue PCC. That is the reason most of the Montreal CPers apply for Canada PCC in advance
Thanks again for your prompt answer. U have solved my one big problem! Now one last question: Will i be able to get my medical done at montreal a week before the interview( so that all doctor reports reach there in time)? or more time is needed?

Approximately how early pcc be requested? Is there an expiry on these from the date of issue?

Thansk again!

hawk3000 said:
Thanks again for your prompt answer. U have solved my one big problem! Now one last question: Will i be able to get my medical done at montreal a week before the interview( so that all doctor reports reach there in time)? or more time is needed?

Approximately how early pcc be requested? Is there an expiry on these from the date of issue?

Thansk again!

My CP is still in process. So I can not say exactly how many days required. But as per the previous "Successful Montreal Interview" posts 1 week is enough.

NVC rules are not clear regarding validity of Canadian finger print based PCC. As per my knowledge gathered from various websites/chats it is valid for 1 year from date of issue.

Documents required for CP processing

Hi:

My lawer had submitted the Immigration Application along with copies of all pertaining documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, police records, etc. to NVC, New Hampshire, U.S for NVC to approve and forward the application on to the Consulate in Montreal.

However, my lawer received a letter from NVC indicating that NVC would require original documents of Birth Certificate and Marriage certificate.

Questions:

(1) Is it a normal procedure to send originals ?
(2) Will I get back the originals ?
(3) Will NVC forward the originals to Consulate in Montreal ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Original documents!!!

Dotts!!!

Not exactly sure if you require the original birth cert and marriage cert. I sent them my originals!!!! Yes from my understanding the NVC will forward those orginal documents to the MTL Consulate!! My Lawyer told me that, as well on another immigration forum said that as well.

Im doing CR-1 interview in MtL on Dec 7. Here is what Im bringing:

Medical exam stuff
Passport
Passport pics
Wedding pics
Apt lease with both our names on it
Wedding pics
Phone records
Plane tickets, hers and mine
Plus I have doubles of Original Birth & marriage cert, Police records, etc. I probably have too much stuff, but better over prepared than under!!! best of luck.

Documents required for CP processing

Flames:

Thank you for the information. I will try to get dublicates of my birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Dotts

flames9, I have an interview in Montreal Consulate on Dec 6. I wanna know which POE you are gonna choose when you go to the States. I prefere to choose Trudeau Airport Montreal coz I'm a Canadian permanent resident living in Montreal. Good luck!

Poe

Hi!!! I will be driving down!!!! I reside just outside Halifax NS. So I will be going through Calaise Maine in my U-Haul rental truck pulling my car!!! Best of luck.

Dotts. Ya, i'm a bit anal, doubles of my originals!!!! Cost me extra $$$ but thought they may come in handy!!! Cheers :)

Flames:

Good luck with your Interview. My lawer has posted my original birth certificate and my marriage certificate today to NVC.

Lets see how much time will NVC take to give me an Interview date.

It has been a long wait to get this far.

Nvc

They received my final documents Oct 15. Case was approved Oct 28. And on Nov 12 they set an Appt for Dec 7 in Montreal, just to give you a rough estimate!!! Of course with Xmas holidays around the corner, things may slow down a bit!!! best of luck :)