Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Background/Security check during Package 3 review

:confused: Hello Montreal CPers,

I was wondering that if any one of you can answer the following quesitons?

1. How long it take for background and security check?
2. Who is responsible for background and security check? (FBI?)
3. And how to speed it up? Can I send fax to them?

Currently I am in package 3 review period, and NVC said that they send the case to Washington for background and security check. I am afriead that NVC mess up my case again.

Here is my time line:

NVC received my package 3: 6/4/04
NVC first reviewed case: 6/18/04
NVC asked my Candian resident document copy: 6/28/04
NVC lost my DS-230 part 1 document: 8/11/04 (when I called NVC and found out)
Resent DS-230 to NVC: 8/17/04
NVC sent my case to Washington for background and security check: 8/18/04. (when I called NVC, and the stuff told me)

Thanks advance for your help, and good luck to you all!

Motown

Usually security check ordered by NVC takes 3-4 weeks to complete. So if everything is fine, your case will be completed within 4-5 weeks. Otherwise you will be notified why...

-hs

Please Advice?

Hello Guys,I am very confused. Pease help me here.
I don't know what I suppose to do once my labor approves, which i am expecting to be approved in next few months.
Either should i have to file for I-140 seperately as processing is on record pace in vermont service center and would take only few months, or should I have to go for CP in montreal (as I am a canadian resident), but here is a catch.
My wife is not a resident of Canada and i am thinking, may be she can go back to home and have a interview there. So bottom line is I don't want to take a chance to go back home for CP and prefer to go to Canada for interview but want to send wife to go home for interview.
Is it possible to process in two different countries.
Or what would be best for me in this case.
Thanks

Interview separately?

I have never heard of/read from this forum that a couple would be interviewed separately in two consulates. But double check with NVC and your attorney and make sure this is/is not what you like to see happening.

You need to choose between AOS and CP, prior to filing I-140 - there is an item in I-140 form that you have to mark your choice on. Your attorney will most likely discourage you from going for CP, since there is more work for them to do on the CP path (than AOS), and there is some uncertainties related to the travelling outside of the country, being unable to have EAD or to switch employer with AC21, getting additional documents (such police clearances, with RCMP or other countries), and even security check with NVC or consulates.... But the bottom line, CP can run a lot faster than AOS, unless AOS gets accelerates in the months/years to come... You make the call.

Good luck!

Website

Hi Gurus,
Is there any site where I can check my date of interview in Montreal for my GC.

Regards
gc_mushy

Reply: Website

There is no website checking the interview date. You should call NVC and get your case number from the operator, and wait until the processing of your case has completed in NVC and then you will be informed of the interview date. Usually the interview date is one month after the case completion date. Once you have the case number, you can check it with NVC's automatic voice response system.

Processing Time

Gurus,
How long is it taking these days from the time you send your packet 3 to NVC till the date of the interview.
Can I postpone the interview for my wife and go ahead with mine. Is it allowed by the consulate.
If I want to do business instead of job, can i quit my job and start my own business after i get my GC. Can I do the same if opt for commuter green card.

Your response is appreciated.
gc_mushy

You can go to www.cptracker.com to find out timing.

gc_mushy said:
Gurus,
How long is it taking these days from the time you send your packet 3 to NVC till the date of the interview.
Can I postpone the interview for my wife and go ahead with mine. Is it allowed by the consulate.
If I want to do business instead of job, can i quit my job and start my own business after i get my GC. Can I do the same if opt for commuter green card.

Your response is appreciated.
gc_mushy

Hello henry__S

Hello henry__S
You mentioned that consulate did some administrative check before they issued the visa, I have two question,
1. Did NVC also check your name from FBI?
2. Did consulate resturn your passport when first time you went?
Thanks
--
Kaghzi72

>You mentioned that consulate did some administrative check before they issued the visa, I have two question,
>1. Did NVC also check your name from FBI?
I think so. Since there was a period of time when my file was at NVC that it was also 'under administration process'. I would assume this is something like a FBI check. But the two checks (or the level of checks) may not be the same... this is only my guess. But it is almost certain that the second one I got was a "Visa Mantis" check.

>2. Did consulate resturn your passport when first time you went?
Yes, they did. I was given back the passport, with which I returned back to the states.

-henry_s

Visa Mantis

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDmancab.html

search for "Visa Mantis" in google.com...

It is one of the security check programs run by Dept. of State. The visa mantis usually targets for persons pursuing sensitive science and technology activities, and usually apply for non-immigration visa applicants (students, scholars...). But the consulate has the discretion to apply it to anyone, including us - immigration visa applicants.

Police Certificate from RCMP

I am a Canadian citizen living in the US and I have opted to file for consular processing in Montreal. It is taking 5-6 months to obtain fingerprint based RCMP clearence. Has anybody found a short cut to obtaining a Canadian PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My case pending in NVC for more than 4 months. Anybody has ideas?

Hello there,

My Green Card case has been pending in NVC since June 4th, and no response since August 18th. Any body has ideas what might happen and what should I do? Thanks!

When I called NVC recently, I was told that my case is under clearance check. What I am concerned is that my case might be lost in the process, since no cases took so long for review. (Normally the case will need days or at most one month to clear security check - www.cptracker.com, while my case has been pending there for more than two months).

Time line of my case in NVC:
* June 4th NVC received package 3.
* June 16th NVC asked the proof of establishing eligibility to be processed for an immigrant visa in Canada
* June 28th NVC received copy of my Canadian Permanent Resident Card and Canadian Landing Paper
* August 11th, NVC asked DS-230 part one, since the previous document was lost.
* August 18th, NVC reviewed my case and sent my case for learance check.

Does a resident of Canada opting for CP need to go through fingerprinting by RCMP, Or, only a "name check" certificate will suffice?

Any response/advice will be appreciated.

name check or fingerprint

Hello gccom,

According to the information that I got from this site, name check is enough. However, it is better to prepare for the fingerprint, which may take up to 6 months.

So my recommandation is that: do the name check first, submit the document. In the meantime, prepare the fingerprint, in case you need. In this way, you can save about 4 months time. And that is what I did.

Good luck,

Motown

gccom said:
Does a resident of Canada opting for CP need to go through fingerprinting by RCMP, Or, only a "name check" certificate will suffice?

Any response/advice will be appreciated.