Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Post on cptracker

Congrats to all you guys!

Could you take effort to put your dates to cptracker.com? I saw syriano did...

Thanks a lot, and it is always so encouraging to see you guys gone through the hurdles!

just completed successful GC processing in montreal. the thread by jollykh seems to sum things up quite well.

thokoo

the lawyer told us to take 5 photos. we used 3; one for the medical, one at the consulate, and one at the POE. actually, i can't remember if the consulate took 1 or 2.

we had an affidavit of support (form i-134), notarized by our lawyer, but i think it went with packet 3.

our P4 specifically asked for our last years tax info. they never asked for it (or any evidence of current employment) during the interview.

they didn't ask for evidence that we had paid the $335.

from memory, the docs asked for were
-passports
-evidence of H1 and H4 status for wife
-photos
-medicals (didn't ask for the xrays)
-employment letter (notarized)

they seemed to have everything else from P3

i would advise that everyone take all evidence possible in case it is asked for. we saw a lot of people going directly from the document checking windows straight to the elevator suggesting insufficient documentation as there is one window for documents and another window or interview room once the document review is complete.

we arrived at the consulate entrance around 7:50. we were taken to the 19th floor at 8:10. because of this and other testimonials we knew where window 25 was and we got the first number for the immigrant visa line. (get off back elevator door, go left about 40 feet, window 25 is the first window on the left.)

we were not there long enough to judge but i would guess that for each immigrant case ahead of you, add 15 - 20 minutes. there were about 11 'c' cases, or immigrant cases, showing on the board during the time we were there.

we left the consulate with our sealed envelopes at 9:50. as we left we could see that the line up to get in was long. it extended outside the building and along the cold montreal sidewalk. the entrance to the consulate is not the main building entrance on rene levesque street, but a side entrance.

Employment Letter / Hotel Recommendation

rukkles:

Congrats, did the fact that your wife is a landed immigrant raise any concern?
Also can you recommend a hotel close to the embassy?
and finally, when I get the letter of employment, do I just take it to any notary public or HR needs to do that themselves?

thanks,
syriano

rukkles

What style photo is needed: Immigration or Passport . Can you please Clatify ?
Thankyou and congradulation

they didn't question the fact that my wife was a landed immigrant. they only asked her how many countries she had lived in. throughout the process 99% of the questions were directed to me.

the consulate is at the corner of rene levesque and st. alexandre. there are numbers of hotels along rene levesque. we stayed at days inn at 215 rene levesque east and it was about 10 minutes walk from the consulate. it was $85 a night and another $12 for parking. there is a travelLodge and a wyndham (spelling) which are both closer. the wyndham may be more expensive.

i believe the notary is confirming that the signature on the employment letter is a true signature of the HR representative. we have a notary right in our HR deparment and they did the notarizing. i honestly don't know if you can take it to any notary for this.

the specs for the photo came with P4. when you go to the photo shop, be sure you tell them that its for a green card and not a passport photo. i don't have P4 at the moment but i could look up the size if you have trouble finding it.

thokoo

Hope your interview went well. Could you please port your experience ( where you stayed, docs needed, etc..)

thanks,
syriano

Congrats to rukkles and jollykh for successful completion of GC.
Best of luck to Saryn and Syriano for the interview.
Could you guys let me know how you got your interview date? Do you call the automated number or do we have to speak to an
operator? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hi saryn

Yes, my lawyer received P4 few days ago and the case was forwarded to the consulate on Dec 10th.

S

What is 'special administrative processing'?

My P3 was submitted around Nov.3. I got response for some original documents (birth certificate, etc) on Nov. 19 and replied w/ the documents the next day. Now I was told by NVC operator that my case is under 'special administrative processing' and that 'there is no timeframe for its completion date'. What does this mean?

Any info is highly appreciated.

Also, congrats and good luck for those of you who finalized the GC process or ready for interviews in Mtl!

Thanks,
-henry

This is the security check process which could take a week to many weeks. It is usually quick.

saryn,
thanks a lot for the reply. Mine seems to be undergoing this for more than 3-4 weeks, since they received the documents on Nov. 25th. Anyway, I guess the only thing I can do now is to cross fingers...

Thanks again!
henry

On the 20th of every month, all cases are send to DC for a VISA number and the on the second week of the following month they schedule the interview.

Thanks saryn,
So do you think the 'special admin process.' happens before the case is sent to DC or after?

henry

Thanks a lot!

Good luck, saryn, for your upcoming trip to Montreal, and happy a great holiday season!

To All

Hi Guys:
I have not received the P4 yet and I am leaving to Canada next week. Is there any way I can get a second copy or a fax from the embassy. I can not do my medical without the interview letter.

Thanks

Re: To All

Originally posted by saryn
Hi Guys:
I have not received the P4 yet and I am leaving to Canada next week. Is there any way I can get a second copy or a fax from the embassy. I can not do my medical without the interview letter.

Thanks

I do not have experience with the US consulates in Canada.
But normally the consulates allow the prospective candidates
to come and collect duplicate interview letters at the consulates.

Raju