Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

i didn't keep track of most of the dates so i didn't feel my input on cpTracker would be sufficient. i only know the P3 submission date through to the interview date.

thokoo's response to the P4 package contents is consistent with what i have heard. i think there is also a medical form to take to the doctor.

thokoo
1. my wife is a canadian PR with an H4. we cross the border frequently without difficulty. she has an H4 visa from the US consulate in toronto and an I-94 from the INS. entering canada has never been an issue either but she is accompanying a canadian spouse.

2. we often rent a car at the buffalo airport (with US plates) and have never been asked about it on either side of the border.

3. we have also flown directly into and out of toronto without any problems (US immigration pre-clearance is in toronto)

4. i'll post our experience here (hopefully from here)

5. for some reason CP in montreal requires the medical be done in canada. i believe the P4 package includes a list of approved doctors.

xoxpantherx0x

my salary was below the LC certification amount, but not significantly below that amount. our lawyer told us that the important amount is the amount stated on the employment letter and that it must be at least as high as the LC amount. i think this question should be asked on a seperate thread to see if anyone has actually experienced this circumstance.

thokoo: I'm also still a landed immigrant of Canada so let's stay in tounch. Medical exams need to be done in Canada. And you should have no problem in entering Canada with a US plates car.

If you do not mind, we can also exchange email addresses in private if you want.

thanks,
syriano

TN visa qualify for a GC

Can someone tell me if a Canadian citizen, on a TN visa, can apply for a GC?
Also please tell me if an H1B holder can transfer to a TN visa with future or current employer?

Appreciate your response.
Thanks
panther

TN Visa

Thanks Rukkles for reply. Waiting for your detailed experience.

Sure Syriano I will keep you posted.

xoxpantherx0x
Syriano is right per our lawyer as she insisted one of my canadian citizen colleague to convert to H1 before applying for Green Card.

But I personally think it does not make sense, yes it does only, if you want to apply for 485 (Adjustment of status) here , then it is true as TN intent is not permanent migration.

But if you are opting CP I THINK it does not matter whether you are working in canada or in US (on TN) as Labor/140 is for future apptt.

I think lawyer just wanted to make fee.

Above is solely my personal thougt which can be totally wrong.

Still waiting for P4.
TK

Guys,
Do you know of any intreview scheduled in the last few days. Is it true there will be no scheduling until the second week of Dec ?

That's right. My case was sent on the 19th to DC to obtain a visa number and the interview will be scheduled in the second week of Dec so I'm expecting an interview early Jan.
Syriano

can anyone comment on how long before the interview the P4 comes? so far we have nothing and its only 15 days until the interview

Consulate Address in Montreal

Does anyone know the address where the interview takes place? It's weird but the P4 does not indicate where you have to go.

the address should be:

US Consulate General Montréal
1155 St. Alexander Street
Montréal, Québec
H3B 1Z1
Phone (514) 398-9695

Can you list what did you receive in the packet?

thanks,
syriano

the address is hidden way inside P4 and is listed above in syriano's post. i think its actually mentioned in the medical section. although i don't have P4 in front of me i do remember a few things;

-bar coded invitation letter (date, time, curiously lacking address)

-instruction letter (with reminder to bring last years tax info)

-photo specs, (5 photos but i've read its better to have an additional one for the poe)

-list of approved doctors and required shots

-list of required docs (almost all sent with P3). the only additional ones i remember were an affidavit of support (for wife), passports, photos, medicals, employment letter, 2002 tax info...

-visa payment (i hope it isn't another payment as we already paid $335 each, no amount specified)

our lawyer strongly advised taking a copy of our H1 and H4 approval notices as well as any previous approval notices to show we haven't been out of status.

NVC Status

What does the Automated system says when the case is forwaded to the embassy ?
Mine still says completed...but still not forwaded to the embassy.

until quite recently the message had the old '...please wait 8 weeks for further instructions...'. right now it says '...case has been forwarded to montreal...'.

Not yet rcvd P4

I have not rcvd P4 yet. Called Montreal and they faxed me 12 pages and now also mailing it to my home address. Previously NVC sent that to my employer. Don't know why.

I don't think I will rcv P4 before leaving US.

Yes mine also saying ....Forwarded to consulate on 11/21....

Question: rukkles
My doc says 2 photos, where you read 5??

Do we need Affidavit of Support for wife?? from whom?? I got only notarized employment letter.

do you think 2 year tax returns with W-2 and this year paystubs would be fine?? I got generic instruction letter only the apptt letter has my case details.

Any other doc I need to carry??

Make sure take the copy of Money Order, CHK (for $335xvisas)
TK

Jan scheduling

I just called NVC and they said next week they will be scheduling my intreview. Hopefully Jan.

Interview Date / Getting to Ottawa by Land

Guys, my interview in on Jan 22nd. I need to go to Ottawa to visit a relative first. From the US if I want to cross the border to Ottawa, what would be nearest bridge and what is the nearest airport/city close to that bridge?

thanks,
S

Syriano

The only way I know is Burlington /Vermont border which is 1 hour from Montreal.
When did you find out about the intreview. Did you call today ?

My Green Card Experience

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from the Champlain/New York border crossing with my passport stamped and my fingerprints taken. I now have a temporary Green Card stamped in my passport until my official Green Card arrives in the mail.

The experience was great with a few minor delays. Our appointment was at 9:30 AM but we arrived at the consulate at about 8:15 AM. Getting there early was the best thing because there's a huge lineup that builds up as you get later in the day. We walked through the gates at about 8:40 AM and, after passing through security, went up to the 19th floor and immediately went to window # 25 where they give you a number. You sit patiently in the waiting room and wait for your number to be called. After about 5 minutes, my number was flashing on the screen and went to the window where I was required to hand in my medicals, passport, photos, and affidavit of support along with a letter from my employer. The lady behind the glass said that my photos were not valid because it was not a proper angle. She said that we will go ahead with the interview but that I must return immediately with the proper photos. The photos I had in my possession was a full-frontal shot of my face. This is unacceptable. The lady behind the counter told me to go to Tony's Studio because he knows exactly what I need. After handing in the documents, we went back to the waiting room and waited patiently again. At exactly 9:30 AM our number was flashing on the screen and we proceeded to the interview room. There you enter a room with a person sitting behind a glass window and he proceeds to ask you questions. The person I had was VERY nice and friendly. He asked me simple, basic question like "How long have you been working for your current company", "where do you live". He asked my wife, who was on an H-4 "What do you plan to do with your new residency? Are you going to work?". We kept our answers short and honest and then it was over. But because our photos were not valid the interview gave us a choice and said that we can either run down to Tony's studio right now and get our pictures done properly and return right away or we can be put in a queue with other applicants who forgot some document and wait x weeks for another interview. We chose to get our pictures done right away and return.
After going to Tony's studio and getting our photos done properly, we returned to the interview room and handed the pictures over. The interviewer told us to have a seat and they will call our names in about 30 minutes to pick up our package. After about 40 minutes our names were finally called and we picked up our Immigrant package. We then hopped in the car and drove down to the Champlain border (about 45 minutes away).
At the Champlain border we told the agent that we needed our passport stamped for our Immigrant Visa. She then took our passport and the package that the Consulate gave us and said to park the car and wait inside. We waited again for our names to be called. After our names were called, the INS officer looked over the documents with us (he was also very nice and curtious) and proceeded to fill out the necessary paperwork. He took our fingerprints, told us to sit and wait while he finished up the rest of the paper work and then that was it. He called us over, stamped our passport, said to expect our Green Cards in a few weeks, and we left.

All in all a very pleasurable experience. My advice to anyone about to go for the interview:
1) Get your photos done at Tony's studio. You need 3 photos. 1 for the medical and 2 for the Consulate.
2) There's no need to bring a lot of extra paperwork with you. For example, the medical office said that we should bring our X-Rays but it was completely useless. The Consular who interviewed us didn't ask for it and the other people who were there for the same reason said they were never asked for it as well. As long as you have what is required, there is no need to bring too much more.
3) Relax. Everyone is very friendly and you have no reason to be nervous. As long as you have the documents they ask for then you are as good as in.

Good luck to everyone who will be applying. Feel free to ask me any question.