Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

US Consulate in Montreal

Can someone post the e-mail address and phone number of the US Consulate in Montreal?

Interview Date

My case as the NVC was completed on Oct. 8th. When I called the NVC on Oct. 14th to ask if an interview date had been set, they told me that it should be ready by Oct. 24th and to call back then.

Can anyone tell me how much money you have to pay to the US Consulate once the interview is complete?

After the interview, I plan on going to the Champlain border crossing to get fingerprinted. Does anyone know what to tell the US Custom guard in order to get this processed?

Thanks for your help!!!

US Consulate General Montréal
1155 St. Alexander Street
Montréal, Québec
H3B 1Z1

Phone
(514) 398-9695
ext. 3833 (for immigrant visa)

jollykh:

Congrats, when did NVC exactly receive your P3 (how many days it took them to review the case?)

As for the fingerprints, if you are doing this as part of NSEERS, they really should not ask about anything in the way out. Even if they do, it is harm to tell them you are going for your interview.

BTW, what's nearest airport to Champlain?

thanks,
syriano

syriano,

I sent my packet 3 to the NVC on September 17th and it only took them 3 weeks to complete.

The nearest airport to the Champlain/New York border crossing is Dorval airport (airport code YUL. soon to be known as Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport effective Jan. 1, 2004). It's only a 45 minute drive from downtown Montreal. The closes US airport is Burlington, VT (airport code BTV).

Name Check Clearance

Could somebody please post how to get a name check certificate from the RCMP, and state whether this can be done from any province or i have to apply in the city which i claim to be my residence.

I think shya2001 just obtained one recently.

My fingerprint clearance is taking toooooo long so im thinking about flying to Canada to get a name check instead. If there is a way to get a name check without going to Canada, please state how as well. I live in the US now.

Thank you for all input.
syrianoz

Hi Syriano,

I think that you should get the clearance from the city/Province where you resided last in Canada. I got it from the office in the city (Windsor) where I live. It took only 30 minutes. However, the clerk asked me to get a letter from my lawyer stating that I am processing GC through their office, and also that the letter contain my NVC case number. Maybe as you have suggested you might try coming to Canada to get the clearance.

Please read the link that henry_s has sent and there is a very good article on RCMP PCC.

Please help me!!

Hello to all of you,

I have had I-485 pending more than 3.5 years with INS. I am a Canadian citizen and lived in Montreal before coming to US.
My question is how can I get the green card process done in Montreal? Any idea will really help me and my family as we are despreatly need to get these things done.
I really appreciate any thoughts/inputs. Aghajan

Interview Date

Just an FYI: The NVC says they schedule interviews during the 2nd week of every month. They told me to call back in mid-November to find out when my interview date is.

Help from Syriano!!

Syrinao,
Did you have any I-485 pending in the US before you submitted your documents for CP? I appreciate any inputs from anyone in this forum. aghajan

RCMP Fingerprint Clearance?

Folks,

has any one received his backgroup check recently from the RCMP? can you post the submiting and receiving date?

They received my application on July 10th 2003 and I'm still waiting!!!

thanks,
syriano

Criminal Check

RCMP said they received my fingerprints on May 28. I finally recieved my results back on September 26. RCMP says that they are really backed up and it'll take at least 3 months to get it if not longer.

Name check vs. Finger print

FYI, My attorney finally was persuaded by me to use name check PCC (from Canada) to file P3. My P3 was filed Nov. 3th.

How much time should I expect a response from NVC?

Thanks!
henry

P3 Review Completed!

The case was completed on Nov 4th. What 's it likely to have a Dec interview?

thanks,
syriano

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was approved on Oct 31st. I am waiting for a date for the intreview. I am hoping for Dec.
Did you call the NVC

my case was completed oct 10. i am still waiting. i did hear in another thread (possibly earlier in this one) that interviews are scheduled during the second week of each month

rukkles

So did you know when is your interview date? mine got completed on Nov 4th and they told me on the phone to call them in the second week of dec. how does the scheduling work?