Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

I was very well prepared. I took everything I have.
They only asked for pictures and employment letter .

Done!

I had a successful interview last Thursday in Montreal and will be glad to answer any question. They only asked me for the employment letter, police record, and the medical.

My status was:
Original Labor certificate
Eb3
Landed immigrant of Canada

Congrats Syriano,

Do we have to have a new set of Police Clearance Certificates for the interview? I thought the ones we send with Packet 3 is sufficient. Please clarify.

Thanks

no you don't have to as long as they are less than 6 months old but in my case I have not sent the police certificates with P3 because they were not ready at that time so NVC told me to take them with me to the interview.
S

How many days to stay in Mtl

Congrats, syriano!

I have one question. How many days did you have to stay in Montreal in total? I assume you and your family have to go through the medicals there....

Thanks!

Well, I arrived in Montreal on Sunday and done the medical on Monday. The medical was ready the next day on Tuesday afternoon but didn't pick it up until Wed and the interview was on Thursday. So the short answer is, I arrived on Sunday and left on Thursday right after the interview, however the medical sometimes will be ready in 1 day (like in my case) but to be safe just give it 2 days. you can call and ask them if you wish 514 251 9331

I stayed at the Days inn, nice and not too expensive (CAN $ 86.00 a night)

Thanks!

Thanks syriano for the details

Also congrats to sayrn as well!

My case was completed on Jan.6th. Hopefully an interview somewhere in March, if everything goes well.

-Henry

Hi Henry,

Congrats on your case completion at NVC on Jan 6th. Mine was done on Jan 5th. Can you let me know how you are planning to find out your interview date?

Thanks

According to the NVC operator I talked w/ last week, my case was sent to DC for a visa number on Jan. 20th and will be returned back to NVC in the 1st week of Feb. Then it will be scheduled for interview in the second week of Feb. According to her, if everything goes well, the interview date should be a month further down the road. I was adviced to call back towards the middle of Feb to know more...

NVC runs this process at monthly basis. If the case can't be scheduled on Feb., then it will be done in March, around the same week...

This schedule was also illustrated by saryn (and others) in this thread previously. The NVC operator I talked to only confirmed the same information.

-henry

Call time

It seems a lot easier to get to them in the early morning (starting from 8am EST or so) than later in the day/evening. I guess the reason might be the west coast is still sleeping at that time...

Good luck!
-henry

Welcome Letter / Palstic Card

Hi,

Out of people who already had their interviews, how people have received their welcome letter or plastic cards?

thanks,
S

ours came about 2 weeks after the interview. we used the POE at dorval airport the day after the interview. my wife's and my card arrived the same day along with her welcome letter. the next day she received a second welcome letter and i received my first (and only) welcome letter.

Children in interview?

Hi,
I already knew my interview date at Montreal, March 09. I have a daughter of 6. Should she also be present for the interview?

Thanks,
-henry_s

Hi henry_s,

I called NVC and the Operator said that my interview date is March 5th. Best of luck to you. From what I know, your daughter should be present for the interview. I am taking mine who is 3 years of age.

Thanks
Shya2001

Henry_s

Can you post a checklist of the documents that you will be taking. I just don't want to miss anything.

Thanks

In trouble - AP delay vs. interview approaching

I thought I was all set to go for interview (in Montreal). But actually I am not.

My wife and I have separate GC application. Mine is on the path of AOS/I-485 and my wife's is on CP. Now my status have been pending on I-1485 for 20+ months, but my wife's case has reached its final stage - interview at Mtl consulate. I have anticipated for the interview and have applied for Advance Parole 3 months ago. But it is not coming yet (now the AP processing is 5+ months).

Now that I don't have a valid travel document to go out of USA and come back with, if any issue arises in the interview and the GC is not granted that day.

I have requested VSC to expedite AP but in vain. They don't seem to consider this as an emergency case.

I don't have any non-immigration status such as H-1B. I have been on my EAD for a while, since my previous went busted last year...

What should I do? Should I go ahead with my wife to Montreal for interview without AP or should I delay the interview until AP is approved?

One more question, my wife is now on her H-1B. If the interview faults and the GC is not issued, can she herself re-enter the states with her H-1B?

Thanks!

although implied, it isn't clear from the posting if you are attempting to receive derivative status based on your wife's CP. if you are, and if your wife's CP is denied then AP may be irrelevant as the grounds for denial are fairly serious (fraud, deception, medical issues) and may make you inadmissible even with non-immigrant status or AP.

another concern would be the requirement for additional documentation. if additional documentation required travel back to the US or required a period of time to acquire then it would mean considerable inconvenience to yourself as you have no status (no status that allows work that is) to re-enter the US with. for this reason i would think there is sufficient motive to delay the interview or do everything possible to receive AP before the trip if there is any doubt about your documentation (there are previous postings showing required documents in this thread). maybe another poster in this forum can share any experiences involving changing interview dates.

on a positive note, my wife and i completed our CP in montreal. we found the consulate staff to be polite, professional, and very straight forward.