Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

when will your lawyer will receive p3 after its creation?

Hi, All,
Your experiences have guided me a lot. I called the operator and was told my package was created yesterday (06/03)and she said it take about 2-4 weeks to reach out. I know it wouldn\'t be that long. Wanted to draw on your experiences again to see on average HOW MANY DAYS after the creation your lawyer/you received the package.

Time

My lawyer had forwarded it to me about 2 weeks after it was created (last August). I would say that I received it about 5 weeks after my I-140 had been approved. Brian.

All you wanted to know about PCC from Canada

deatailed information is available at www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/html/crimrec_finger2.htm
Got finger prints on standard INS card which is also used for I-485, went to my local PD, NO cost.
Sent application with finger prints, US $ 18, international money order, via USPS express mail, mail cost abt 15 $, used express for tracking purpose, application rec\'d at RCMP 4/11.
Rcd PCC 6/2/02 via regular mail, total time less than 8 wks.

Finally, We are There

I had successful CP done in Montreal on June 07. Experience was very similar to mentioned in this discussion.

The only thing different happened when we reached the consulate office before 8 am. Security person told us to come after 8:30 am as interview time was 9:30. I went out and when I came back, there was a line to enter the building. So we end up getting late number and waited till 10:30 to be called for document verification process.

We got all the paper work by 1:30pm and left for border. Got our visa stamps by 3:30 pm Officer was very nice person. Went back to Montreal around 5:00pm.

Please let me know if there is any question.

Cheers.

A BIG THANKS to participants in this discussion. This discussion offered more help than my lawyer\'s office.

Timing of letter

I got my letter/packet 4 approx 4 weeks before the interview date. I think you will have an August interview, so you would probably get the letter in July sometime.

Once NVC told me they had requested a visa number, I called them 2-3 weeks later and they were able to give me the interview date and time. This was several weeks before I received the letter. Because the letter comes so soon before the interview date, you might want to call them - that way you don\'t have to wait for the letter to make your travel plans, arrange medical appt, etc.

!!!Help!!!, when should we receive the letter for interview????????

NVC said they are applying for visa number and they decided that on May 21, so we are expecting an August, or latest, September interview. Can all the successful Montreal CPers give me an idea as to when we should expect the letter/Packet 4? All the inputs and this Montreal thread helps in this frustrating process. Thank you in advance.

Thanks Brian

Brian,
thanks for the post....i sure hope its August too.

so...about your card...what else can you do...would it help if you called the border post where you entered and ask them if they know what\'s going on....don\'t you get a person to talk to at the TSC.

another option...what about the the INS\'s "ask INS" line.....or

would it help for you to call the NVC?
thanks,
pkv2

brian, rwethere, question about H1b visa cancellation

I would like to know if Montreal consulate cancels one\'s H1b visa after they issue you the immigration visa. What do they do? put a stamp on it?
thanks

Packet 3 Reviewed.....Experienced CPers what do yo utink-interview August or September?

Folks,
here\'s my update

Pkt 3- St. Louis : 04/26/02
St. Louis - NVC : 05/20/02
    NVC reviewed case : May 31st (reviewed my spouse\'s paperwork...there was some confusion..St. Louis did not cash my cheque, so they sent the paper work back to St. Louis sometime between May 20th and May 31st).
June 11th : completed review of my paperwork.
June 13th : called NVC..they said that the review has been completed, and that they would be requesting for a visa number in early July, and will probably know of an interview date by July 2nd week.

I asked them when would be the approximate interview date, and they said earliest August and latest by September depending on how busy Montreal is.
Hoping for a August date.

What do the experienced CPers think...of a possible interview date...August or September?
best regards,
pkv2

My Guess, they don\'t bother

Yes, Brian is right that Montreal consulate people did not cancel H1 visa. Even @ border, they did not ask for my I94 as it was in my old( expired) passport and he did the stamp on the new passport. He took out the I94 from my daughter\'s passport but did not ask for mine or for my wife\' s.

Cheeeers,

NJS and other Montreal Cpers, your answer needed please

I was waiting for my case to be reviewed. When I called NVC, they told me the paper work had been done on May 24(they received it on May 7), and my case was in their administrative processing line. However, they just refused to say the words"the review has been finished". I am confused. What is my status now? reviewed or not? what did they tell you when you called about the review. I am wondering if this is because my consulate is Montreal instead of those consulates which NVC needs to send Packet III to. thanks.

you are eligible for cp in canada

as long as you maintain your PR status or your last country of residence was canada

Interview Date

I had a case # assigned at NVC on May, 29, 2002. When should I expect an interview date at the Montreal consulate. Could it be in July?

NVC

>>>I\'m so glad that the NVC is predictable (unlike the INS).

I agree. The NVC pretty much delivered everything as promised for me. I would have liked to to have seen the "service" portion of the soon-to-be-divided INS come under the State Department. It just makes sense to me that the department that issues visas should be the same one that collects them at the POE.

Brian

P3 Materials Sent

Lawyer sent my P3 materials in on June 7. Said to expect to hear from NVC in August regarding an interview date, which will most likely be in September (only ~4 weeks notice given). Will let everybody know as soon as I hear anything. In the meantime, I am going to get my required vaccinations, and get all of my other paperwork in order for the interview.

Thanks to everybody for making this such a useful discussion board.

Vaccines

Make sure your insurance covers the vaccines. Some don\'t for adults. I paid US$75 for my MMR shot in New York but paid Cdn$42 for my wife at our interview medical (MDS Executive). Brian.