Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Congratulation, James!

I am glad that you have finished it! Enjoy your new freedom. Wish you a lot of success.

Marta

Thanks Marta....

Thanks Marta..I really appreciate your contributions to this forum..This forum is really helpful all the way and it was made sucessful by people like you.
Thanks again.

No tax forms were asked...

They dint ask me any tax form. I saw from previous postings that they asked some people for these form, so I got the IRS-9003 form from Immihelp.com and completed it. I dint get sailing permit. I dint see any posting asking for it.
When was your interview...
Good luck...

No Title

You are welcome, James. I just gave back what I have received from the previous contributors.

Take care!

POE at Montreal Dorval Int\'l. Airport

Has anyone used the POE at Montreal\'s Dorval Int\'l Airport? Or heard of any experiences there? I\'m planning to use this POE, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Question on NVC fee of $260

If any expert will let me know how much I need to pay for NVC fee while sending DS-230 forms.

The P3 document says $260 per applicant. In my case it will be my spouse, kid 1 (born in USA), kid 2 (not born in USA) who will be travelling with me, so how much do I need to pay to NVC? Is it $260 or $780?

I will appreciate for your reply.

Thanks

Dorval

I\'m not worried about anything in particular. I was wondering why in all the post for successful Montreal CP in the past four months nobody has used Dorval for their POE? Most individuals chose to drive to a border crossing instead of using the airport POE. Is there an advantage? Do you get the plastic card faster?

I\'m planning to use Dorval. I simply wanted to read others\' experiences.

Dorval vs Border Crossing

For most people, it is simply a matter of convenience. You will be done with the process sooner (e.g., if you drive down to the border on the same day).

Secondly, in the very unlikely event that there is some problem with the paperwork, I\'d rather find it out at the border (and go back to consulate), than deal with it at the airport and risk missing the flight. Then again, nobody has ever reported a problem at POE :)

As for the time to receive plastic cards, it is debatable. Most people who POEd at a border crossing got their cards in a few weeks. For some, it took much longer (6 mo). Also, some people who POEd at US airports via international flights (SFO, DEN, Houston, JFK, etc.) got their cards in a few weeks. Your mileage may vary.

Congratulations, and good luck with your post GC life.

Dorval

I chose to drive because I live just North of NYC, about 5 hours from Montreal.

On the subject of cards, I received the three "welcome to the US" notifications from the TSC yesterday (Two weeks after POE) telling me I will be getting my plastic card within 3 weeks. Receiving three makes sense, right, since I had myself, my wife, and my 4-year old son. Wrong. My son did not receive one and my wife received two (all information is an exact duplicate, including A# so there was not a mixup). I have a low grade concern that they may have screwed up my son\'s alien registration...I\'ll just have to wait. Brian.

Yet another Successful GC , May 17th

Like James, I too successfully recevied my greencard on May 17th, 2002.

Our appointment was for 0930, so we arrived at 0830. (I had read somewhere that they will only let you in an hour before). We took a number and began waiting. Unfortunately, they seemed very busy that day. The lady at the counter where you submit your documents before going for your interview, actually apologized and said they were short staffed. Anyway, my family and I waited for two-and-a-half hours before we submitted our documents and then another hour before our interview.

The waiting room was very bland and government-like.However, being on the 19th floor, does provide a somewhat impressive view. After getting a number, you sit down and begin staring at a most annoying board which displays the next number, the window you are suppose to go to and the direction of that window. The board then begins to emit the most annoying loud beeping sound.

I had submitted most of my documents along with P3, but at the consulate submitted my I-134 (affidavt of support), my passports and my employment letter (notarized). The 9003, and evidence of support was never asked for. I did not get a sailing permit.

Interestingly, I was lucky that I had brought my entire folder of immigration stuff, because I had submitted only the fingerprint page of our criminal record checks and not the front white page stating that my check had been completed and I could use this for visa purposes. I thought this letter was simply a form letter for my own reference, but the lady at the counter asked specifically for it and I had the impression that I NEEDED IT, or things would not have been good.

The interview was very staight forward and non-stressed. After my wife and I took the oath to tell the truth, I was asked for a brief job description, where I lived, and where my company was located. I then was asked to take another oath that the affidavt of support was correct. That was it. We then waited for another twenty minutes while our green card packet was processed. We read it over and left the building at 1230. Four hours total.

We stayed in Montreal for five days and then crossed the border at Philipsburg, Vermont on May 21st.

The entire process when extremely smooth.

Stayers

Congratulations. I know what you mean by the display board...very annoying. However, I was amazed by how many people didn\'t realize their number was up. BTW, I was not asked for the cover letter to the PCC (I did have it, though). Brian.

i was reading your post and have a question for you, did you file for 9003 afterall?

I believe it is required, isn\'t it?

Thanks

Some questions filling up DS230

For Item 20 all places you lived, looks like DS is only asking for city or town, which means several addresses in the same city need to be consolidated into one entry here. Based on your prior experience, do you think we should provide detailed addresses (including street number) or just do city level?

Card update

A whole bunch of mail came in from Texas today. Inclding stuff from Saturday, here is the latest:

Me: One "Welcome to USA message", no Green Card.
Son: Two "Welcome to USA message", one Green Card (actually, it\'s silver).
Wife: Two "Welcome to USA message", one Green Card.

I feel left out :). Brian.

Brian