Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Successful CP

My May 14th CP was successful at Montreal.
Everything was as previously discussed....I will surely answer
if there is any questions...

CP Montreal in Mid-June, can a H1B holder leave USA to Canada during this period?

I am a Canadian citizen, CP interview in Montreal in Mid-June. I am holding H1B visa currently. I am thinking of doing Medical in Vancouver in early June and come back to USA. Then I will go to Montreal only for the interview. I am just wonder if there are reentry issues with leaving US and coming back again with H1B? Anyone has experience with it? I have not ever left US after I
got the H1B visa. Thanks.

H1B

Yes, I crossed the border a dozen times with my H1B. The first time they will probably ask you to go the secondary inspection area for a passport stamp. Bring your new (green) I94 along with the *original* I797 approval form. Brian.

Medical

I have just submitted My P3 And am going to Winnipeg on vacation next week. Can I do My medical while there or do I have to wait until I get the P4?

PCC from Indian consulate fine

NVC took about 6 weeks in my case before verbal confirmation of interview and the P4 came in 8 weeks.

Baby\'s Immigration..

Hi experienced CP goer\'s,

I received my Pkg-3 instructions and I have a few questions regarding the DS-230 section 19/21.. which relates to my baby who was born here in the US:

- Am I supposed to file for baby\'s Immigration (I believe she is a citizen of the US)?
- Do I have to take the baby with me to Montreal at the interview?
- Am I supposed to say in section 21a or 21b that she will accompany me to the US?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

Baby

My daughter was born in the US.

>>>Am I supposed to file for baby\'s Immigration (I believe she is a citizen of the US)?

No

>>>Do I have to take the baby with me to Montreal at the interview?

No. I did...couldn\'t get a babysitter. She was so cute when she waved hello to the Consular Officer. If you do bring her, bring along her birth certificate/passport...you may need it at the border.

>>>Am I supposed to say in section 21a or 21b that she will accompany me to the US?

I answered "yes" to that question, although it is probably completely irrelevant.

Brian

Successful CP on May 17,2002

I just came back from my successful CP interview on May17,2002. Thanks to immigrationportal.com and to every one who shared their ideas and experiences.

1) Medicals; Panelphysicians – Very friendly and quite easy going people. Paid CAD 370 for 2 people and CAD 15 for one TD vaccine. Same day report delivery. One photo required. Go early and can park just outside on the roadside-metered parking. Takes nearly 2 hours for all the tests.

2) Interview: Reached consulate around 7.30 am.. You can park on the roadside-metered parking on St. Alexander street. After security asked us to wait in the hall and around 8 am they took us to 19 floor and asked us to line up for window 25. At 8:30 they started giving numbered tickets at the window. Called every one by these ticket numbers to submit the documents. I submitted all the documents with P3 . At the window she asked for medical report and employment letter.

Interviews started around 9:15 and mine was called at 9:40. White female in mid 40s. Very nice and was smiling all the time. She happed to tell that her parents lived in a place close to my city.

My company merged after I-140. No questions on merger. Just asked how big is my new company and who are my company clients. Took the oath and asked us to make the payments.

There are 2 windows ( 12 and 13 ) for interviews. 3 people went before me and all them got the VISAs. There was one family based cat interview after mine and they got rejected. I don’t know the exact reason, but I heard(while submitting the documents) they stayed in Lebanon for few years and they were asked many questions on that.

But overall, its quite smooth and quick. We were out with packets by 10:30 am.
3) Port of Entry: Champlain, NY. The INS officer was really friendly and took 10 min to complete the process.

If you are looking for driving directions, use Yahoo.com and it’s the only one which can locate the consulate address.

Once again thanks a lot for all your co-operation in my green card journey. Its really long and tense, but completed smoothly.

Please let me know if you need any information.
Thanks to all of you.
James Smith

Congrats

Congratulations and good luck in the future. They only had one of the interview booths going while I was there...made for a long morning.

I too went through Champlain. Lots of INS guys inside. When W. doubled the number of people at the boder, I don\'t imagine he envisioned having them all sitting together in the same room.

I must say that out of all the message boards that I\'ve read, I never heard of a CP case being rejected (some delayed, but never rejected). The grounds for rejection are based on a narrow set of legal criteria that makes it a rare occurence. I\'m glad I read about the rejection *after* my interview :).

Brian

Indian PCC in foreign passport

I have a Canadian passport(I was born and raised in India) and I have applied for Indian PCC in New York consulate. I been told that sicne they dont issue paper copy of PCC they have to stamp my Canadian passport.Is anybody had similar experience? Is it Ok to get Indian PCC in Foreign passport.

No Title

My wife kept on calling the insurance company and they finally paid for the blood titers. That was worth it. I owe it to this board who encouraged me not to give up. Thanks a lot.

Indian PCC in passport

Hello patelIM,
FIRST why don\'t you call the NVC and ask them specifically about your case. they are very friendly and i am sure will reply....also you can ask the consulate. You should do this first so that you have that information. there should be other experienced CPers in our midst who must have gone through the same thing?

SECONDLY
why don\'t you call the Chicago Indian Consulate at (312)595-0405 and talk to Mrs. Usha at extension 27. she is the nice lady who deals with PCC\'s. Be very polite and friendly...that helps. i understand that your area of residence may be outside the consulate\'s jurisdiction, but at least she may tell you something.

she was very friendly and you can actually ask her the question.
Otherwise, ask to speak to the Vice-Consul (Mrs. Deepa Jain)...she was very pleasant as well. tell them that you are stuck/confused.
with regards to :
"Is it ok to get Indian PCC in Foreign passport", they probably will make an entry saying that a PCC was issued to so and so on such and such date. mine took 45 days...but i am not sure what the rule would be for Canadian citizens.

i am an Indian citizen and they asked me to send my passport alongwith fees etc., and they sent a paper copy AND ALSO noted on the passport that a PCC was issued!

Anyways, it should not be something negative to have the PCC in your passport.
best regards,
pkv2

Question for GC Indian and others

Thanks GC Indian for your reply.
So did i understand it correctly that verbal confirmation of interview came 6 weeks from date of mailing P3 to St. Louis.

please confirm,
best regards,
pkv2

PCC is given as separate letter for Canadian Citizens

I recently applied for PCC from the Chicago Indian Consulate and received a letter within 3 days (told me 24 days initially) and they took a copy of the Canadian passport and current visa (I-94) and $40 fee.