Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

?????Good place to take immigration photos in Toronto?????

Can anyone give us Address/Telephone no. for a good place to take the immigration photos in Toronto. We do not want to leave this for the Montreral.
Thanking u in advance.

immigration photos in Toronto

We had our pictures done @ Mehboob Studio and we used that for Medical and @ Montreal without any problem

Here is contact info
MehboobStudio
905-612-0022
Near Pearson Airport.

Cheers.

The importance of following up

Fianlly got through to the TSC. My card was never ordered. I should get it in 2 weeks. I am now taking a big breath and will hold it until it arrives. Brian.

Interview

If I was a betting man, I would say August. I had my interview less than 2 months after the review was complete. Brian.

Brian...that\'s great news

Brian,
that\'s great news....i am glad that you followed up on the TSC.
what do you mean by "it was never ordered"...border post or TSC?
anyway...i am sure that things will be ok now.
happy for you,
pkv2

Card

I actually have a letter from the TSC telling me my alien # has been registered and that I should be expecting my card within 3 weeks, so I know it\'s not sitting at the border. I have tried getting through to the TSC to talk to someone, but that has been fruitless. The line is always busy during business hours. Brian.

TSC

Problem was at TSC. They never gave the go-ahead to make the card. No excuse given. It took me almost a week to get through during business hours. I got through once last week but had to hang up after being on hold because I had to go to a meeting. Brian.

How much is the Fee

Today my lawyer sent me the packet 3. With it she sent a letter indicating that I have to get a money order of 335 dollars per application. I remember reading sometime back that the fee is 265 dollars. Can someone please confirm the actual fee amount ASAP.

Birth certificate query

My original birth certificate is from India and it has only my father\'s name in it. Do I need to get another onbe with both (Father\'s and Mother\'s) name in it.

Sher12...Birth Certificate

Sher12,
other CPers may please comment...but i think you would need one with both father and mother\'s name on it. is there space or line for mother\'s name on the BC?
1) first of all...why don\'t you contact NVC and ask them what to do...if they sent you packet 3, then you should be able to get through with your INS receipt number
2) secondly, if you are able to contact the concerned authority in India (Department of births and deaths, municipal corporation etc.,) you should probably try to tell them about it and ask them if they can issue a certified copy with both parents names on it.
3) Third alternative if NVC says that they need both parents names on it, and if you can\'t get it through the concerned authority, is to ALSO get an affidavit signed by both parents attesting that they are your parents etc., i think an example is there on immihelp.com.

FEE:
i paid $260..but i got my packet 3 a while back so that may not apply...whatever it is, it should be there included as part of packet 3

best regards,
pkv2

PCC from RCMP

I called RCMP and they told me that they found my case in the system on MAY 30th. Can somebody tell me how long dose it takes from the time they find the case in their system to get actual certificate by mail. I am waiting to send my P3.

Their website says two months from the day they receive it.

I got mine within 45 days last year.
By the way, how did they find your case in their system? by your name only? that\'s amazing.

Checking case status at NVC

I was advised by my lawyers office not to contact the NVC to check case status as it can cause problems with both the lawyer and the applicant making inquiries, I am wondering what\'s this forum\'s opinion in this regard.

Card Update

Exactly one month since I entered...exactly 2 weeks since my wife and son received their plastics cards...still no plastic card for me. The message on the AVM at TSC indicates that the "case" is still pending. Brian.

Not sure why that would matter

I am also having an attorney represent me for this part of the GC process. I haven\'t heard anything from the attorney regarding this, and I\'m not sure why it would matter. I think that when you call the NVC, you simply reference your case number - who is doing the calling shouldn\'t make a difference. Please let the forum know if you find out anything more about this.

Plastic

Card came today. Almost four weeks after everybody else. At least it\'s here in my grubby little paws. I won\'t have to deal with any of the faceless Service Centers anymore for a long, long time. Brian.

Congrats Brian

Congratulations! and celebrations!
Glad to hear that you are completely done. are you going to be logging in occasionally?
good luck,
best regards,
pkv2

Thanks

Sure, I\'ll be logging on occasionally. I had gotten a lot of help from those who came before me and would like to help out those who came after. Brian.