Misc. OCI Application Questions

Ho Folks
This is for US Passport Holder
I am preparing to send my OCI docs, of which I need to send Copy of US Passport.
I took copy of page 2 and 3 and last page
While copying I noticed on page 3

We the people (Section)

Signature of Bearer

Are we suppose to sign this on US Passport. Does anyone recollect signing anything on Original US passport, or did anyone send OCI App without signing on this Page 3

Any info would be appereciated. Please all the OCI applicant from US, share your Exp

Ho Folks
I am preparing to send my OCI docs, of which I need to send Copy of US Passport.
---------------------------you need to send the COPY of US passport page that has your Photograph and Name on it. and then write "True Copy of US passport" and Sign.
you also need to send the COPY of Indian passport page that has your Name, DOB,Passport number and on Copy wrire " true copy" and sign

We the people (Section)

Signature of Bearer

Are we suppose to sign this on US Passport.
---------YES

Does anyone recollect signing anything on Original US passport, or did anyone send OCI App without signing on this Page 3

Any info would be appereciated. Please all the OCI applicant from US, share your Exp
---------------------

I sent my OCI Application on Monday 12/14/2009 and USPS delivered at Indian Conuslate SFO on 12/15/2009, but till date I have not seen any acknowledgement from Indian Consulate whether they recieved it or not. Is it normal?

you have to sign it. That's the first thing you should do while you got your US Passport.

Ho Folks

We the people (Section)

Signature of Bearer

Are we suppose to sign this on US Passport. Does anyone recollect signing anything on Original US passport, or did anyone send OCI App without signing on this Page 3

Minor signature/thumb print

My daughter is 6 years old. She can write her name. Can she sign on the application form or do we need to print her thumb impression?

Thanks.

Thanks ginnu. But I had already completed the forms with her signature, do you think it would be a problem?

Thumb impression would make more sense in my opinion too. You can just query her part of the application and reprint it (using her Registration No. and date of birth).

Thanks ginnu and rv. But I had already mailed the application forms.

I got my daughter signed in the signature box after reading the following from Chicago consulate site. Other sites, it is not very clear but see what chicago consulate says:

11. Minor children need not sign at the end of Part-B. In the box provided for signature near photo, only applicant should sign or put his/her thumb impression precisely in the box, not spilling out of the box.Parents should not sign in case of minors. If minors can sign, then let them sign. In case of Minors both parents should sign and provide photocopy of their passports (with signature page).

I will wait and see if the form will be accepted or not.

My daughter is 6 years old. She can write her name. Can she sign on the application form or do we need to print her thumb impression?

Thanks.

Yes, she can write her name in the signature box. We had no issues with similar situation.

PIO to OCI clarification

Hi all: we have our US citizenship interview in a month and plan to apply for OCI as soon as we become one; in time for our travel in Mar.

My children have PIO cards and we intend to convert their's to OCI as well. I was reading SF consulate website (link below) but no where I could find procedure and filing fees for getting PIO converted to OCI (quite possible I'm not looking properly despite trying hard). I have heard that one has to pay much less filing fees for conversion of PIO to OCI.

Can you please help point me in the right direction and provide me link to the right webpage that has all the relevant info?

http://www.cgisf.org/

Thanks

K