Misc. OCI Application Questions

Hi,

I have few questions:

1. I'll be applying in SFO Consulate. It's website states that 2 photos are required for each applicant. But in this forum, I have read someone sending 4 pics, etc. Has anyone applied at SFO? How many photos should be sent?

2. I have children age 9 and 5. Photocopy of Childrens' passport: Should I sign their US passports on behalf of them or Should I ask them to sign? Or can I send thier passport copies without any signature on the passports?

(Note: So far, there is no signature on their passport. We have obtained India Visa and visited India without any problems. travel.state.gov states that parent can sign their passport if children can not sign).

3. Sending Indian Passport: Should I send it along with the application or can I wait till the OCI sticker arrives at SFO and send it along with US passport?

Thanks much for the help.

Thanks,
sfoctzn

1. I'll be applying in SFO Consulate. It's website states that 2 photos are required for each applicant. But in this forum, I have read someone sending 4 pics, etc. Has anyone applied at SFO? How many photos should be sent?

... Each consulate has their own rules for some reason. Go by what SFO says.

2. I have children age 9 and 5. Photocopy of Childrens' passport: Should I sign their US passports on behalf of them or Should I ask them to sign? Or can I send thier passport copies without any signature on the passports?

... I sent these blank. No issues.

hi,

i have few questions:

1. I'll be applying in sfo consulate. It's website states that 2 photos are required for each applicant. But in this forum, i have read someone sending 4 pics, etc. Has anyone applied at sfo? How many photos should be sent?

2. I have children age 9 and 5. Photocopy of childrens' passport: Should i sign their us passports on behalf of them or should i ask them to sign? Or can i send thier passport copies without any signature on the passports?

(note: So far, there is no signature on their passport. We have obtained india visa and visited india without any problems. Travel.state.gov states that parent can sign their passport if children can not sign).

3. Sending indian passport: Should i send it along with the application or can i wait till the oci sticker arrives at sfo and send it along with us passport?

Thanks much for the help.

Thanks,
sfoctzn

i sent my us & indian pp after they dispatched from delhi which takes about 6 days.

Thanks Sanjoseaug20 and deeps0.

Deeps0 - Did you apply at SFO consulate? They did not have any issue with sending the indian passport later, right? I also dont want to send my indian passport until they dispatch the sticker from Delhi.

My Son is India Born and is 12 year old and my daughter is 6 year old US born citizen. I am filing the OCI for family. My wife and I are naturalized citizen. My son got his passport/citizenship thru us. Are they eligible for OCI? Somewhere in this tread I came to know that children less than 18 will get only PIO not OCI. Please let me know before I proceed to send the forms.

Thanks,

My Son is India Born and is 12 year old and my daughter is 6 year old US born citizen. I am filing the OCI for family. My wife and I are naturalized citizen. My son got his passport/citizenship thru us. Are they eligible for OCI? Somewhere in this tread I came to know that children less than 18 will get only PIO not OCI. Please let me know before I proceed to send the forms.

Thanks,

All of you are eligible for OCI. I am assuming My son got his passport/citizenship thru us implies your son currently holds a US passport.

Hi,

One Quick Question. I'm applying for OCI in San Francisco Consulate.

I pasted one photo to each copy of Part A. Do I need to send two additional photos? Or what is pasted on the Part As are sufficient?

Thanks,
Veera

I'd appreciate if anyone with experience at SFO consulate can answer the below question

Hi,

I pasted one photo to each copy of Part A. Do I need to send two additional photos? Or what is pasted on the Part As are sufficient?

Thanks,
Veera

I'd appreciate if anyone with experience at SFO consulate can answer the below question

Hi,

Thanks,
Veera

For what it is worth... when we applied 2 years ago, they used to ask for 3 photos - one pasted to each copy of Part A, and one extra. Now the instructions ask for 2 photos, so I am assuming what you are doing is correct. I hope someone who applied recently confirms the same.

Some doubts in OCI Application

I am in process of applying for OCI Card.
I want to apply for me and my Spouse, my Kids who are US Citizen already have PIO Card
Here are some of questions
1. Can I use Family application for me and Spouse
2. In DOB of applicant what format should I enter, it doesn't say any format. Should it be DD/MM/YYYY
3. In place of Birth Should I mention just INDIA or just name of city or City Name INDIA
4. For Father and Mother Name. Should it be just Last Name and First Name or Middle name too
5. Place of Issue of US passport, Just USA is fine or should mention name of city, Passport doesn't have name of any city for Place of Issue.

I am in process of applying for OCI Card.
I want to apply for me and my Spouse, my Kids who are US Citizen already have PIO Card
Here are some of questions
1. Can I use Family application for me and Spouse
2. In DOB of applicant what format should I enter, it doesn't say any format. Should it be DD/MM/YYYY
3. In place of Birth Should I mention just INDIA or just name of city or City Name INDIA
4. For Father and Mother Name. Should it be just Last Name and First Name or Middle name too
5. Place of Issue of US passport, Just USA is fine or should mention name of city, Passport doesn't have name of any city for Place of Issue.

There already are many threads for such queries - there was no need to start a new one.

1. Yes - you can use family option for applicant, spouse and up to 2 kids.
2. http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp clearly asks for DD/MM/YYYY format - how can you miss that?
3. City, INDIA
4. Whatever name the normally use in legal papers.
5. US Dept. of State.

Hi,

Thanks,
Veera
I pasted one photo for each copy of Part A for a total of 2 photos. Didn't send in any additional ones.

I also thought so but didn't really find instruction, its straightforward, but just wanted to make doubly sure
I didn't miss DD/MM/YYYY format in family application form for Date of Birth of Applicant no format is mentioned wheras for other like Date of Issue and all format is mentioned. I knew it would be same format. But was wondering why the didn't mention
Also Place of Birth I put city name , India but it says Invalid Character not allowed.

Thanks

I also thought so but didn't really find instruction, its straightforward, but just wanted to make doubly sure
I didn't miss DD/MM/YYYY format in family application form for Date of Birth of Applicant no format is mentioned wheras for other like Date of Issue and all format is mentioned. I knew it would be same format. But was wondering why the didn't mention
Also Place of Birth I put city name , India but it says Invalid Character not allowed.

Thanks

For place of birth, don't use a comma: e.g., 'Mumbai India'

OCI - Family/Group filing

Can I file self, spouse, child(14years) and child ( 18 years) as a family?
Please let me know.. thanks in advance..

Thanks for your reply..akgarg.
I remember I read some where, child should be minor to include in family? is that right?