Michigan SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across this thread and wanted to post my case also.

My PD is 08/26/2002 RIR. SReddy can you please update the tracker with my case also.

Thanks SReddy.

Still waiting (PD 5/3/2002 RIR)

The Attorney promised me that she will notify me as soon as she hear something. Hoping that I will hear by next week atleast as it seems they should be completing April very soon.

RRavipati

Correction in the MI_Tracker

Ooops! Somehow my information in the tracker is shown with PD 5/16/2002. It is actually 5/3/2002. I am updating the file with the correct information.

Thank you,
RRavipati

Good News for you (bad news for me )

The good news is "They are currently processing RIR applications with priority date in May".

Now bad news (for me)

I was notified by my attorney yesterday that they received a prewailing wage query on my application (RIR - PD 05/03/2003). They think that the prevailing wage for my job should be $94,764.80 (I do not know that they pay this much for a Systems Analyst with 3 or 4 years experience these days). When I checked the Online Wage Library provided for Systems Analysts in the area I am working (http://edc.dws.state.ut.us/owl.asp), the Level 2 wage is $70,000. I am not sure why there is almost $25,000 difference between the two wages.

I am supposed to meet with our HR and the attorney and decide our next step.

So, if any one of you has any suggestions or comments, I would really appreciate it.

And also, please let me know what is the normal timeframe for approval where there is a query and what are the odds that the application will be rejected?

Thanks in advance,
RRavipati:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same query for my application. Since that is the salary that need to be paid 18 months(approx) later, my employer agreed to pay that amount. The lawyer suggested that the best route would be to agree with whatever has been suggested rather than argue. Of course, you can show some reputed prevailing salary surveys to prove your argument. My employer had to fill out a few documents accepting the suggestions and it has been resubmitted on March 24th.

My lawyer received the information yesterday that my case has been transferred to Chicago DOL. Best of luck to everyone else on the forum.

Case Moved To Chicago on 03/10/03

Guys & Gals,
Sorry for the delay. Good news commin in, Got a mail from my laywer on 03/10/2003 saying that my case has been moved to Chicago. I couldn't get the date from my lawyer when my case was moved to DOL. In her mail she also said "The Federal Labor Department does not send out a Receipt# for these cases." I am not able to get in touch with her. I quite really didn;t understand what she meant by "these cases". Will post the info if I hear back anything form her. If you guys have any info on this please let me know.

Have updated the Traker with my info.

Well, Good Luck to all of you. See you guys in Chicago DOL. Will post the info in this thread if I hear back anything from my lawyer.

Once again I am sorry for posting the reply so late. Its just that wanted to collect all the information from my lawyer before posting the details here...looks like waited for too long.

Anyways,
Good Luck & Cheers,
-S.

Hi,
I am a new member of this thread. Can anyone update the tracker wiith my info. MY PD 5/2/02, EB3, RIR.
Thanks
Naman

Updated MI_Tracker (and a question)

Here is the updated tracker with Naman's details.

BTW, please see my question below.

I was notified by my attorney yesterday that they received a prewailing wage query on my application (RIR - PD 05/03/2002). They think that the prevailing wage for my job should be $94,764.80 (I do not know that they pay this much for a Systems Analyst with 3 or 4 years experience these days). When I checked the Online Wage Library provided for Systems Analysts in the area I am working (http://edc.dws.state.ut.us/owl.asp), the Level 2 wage is $70,000. I am not sure why there is almost $25,000 difference between the two wages.

Yesterday, I talked to our HR and they decided that $95k is very high and want to rebutt it with submitting some survey. Also, they decided to increase the current prevailing wage to be just above the the figure that will come out of our survey.

So, if any one of you has any suggestions or comments, I would really appreciate it.

And also, please let me know what is the normal timeframe for approval where there is a query and what are the odds that the application will be rejected?

Thank you lk1508 for your comment and it is some relief to know that they approve it fairly quick when there is a query (ofcourse, in your case your employer agreed to the figure that DOL suggested).

Any comments (or info) on the prevailing wage queries are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
RRavipati

Last edited by a moderator:
7th year extension

Thgouht I will share this with you guys, I got my 7th year H-1 approved based on 2 1/2 years old labor application.
RD 02/19/2003
AD 04/01/2003

regards,
Sreddy

moving

i'm going to be moving within the same city and my labor should be in Chicago by now...does anyone know if I need to notify DOL abt change in address..(.I already told my lawyer abt the move)

I don't think you have to notify DOL about change of your address. As long as your attorney is aware of it. Once you apply for 140/485 it is advisable that you don't move, heard from my friends you have to go through a process to change your address at INS. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Sreddy227

Labor Approved!!!:D

My People,
My husbands labor has been approved at Chicago Dol. Lawyer has the hard copy and called a few minutes ago.

EB2 RIR PD 02/21/02 Michigan
Sent to DOL 01/30/03

I wish you all waiting fast approval and the best of luck. See you in I140 Forum. Lawyer will file I140 on Monday next week hopefully.

IBK

Status
Not open for further replies.