Michigan SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Please see the following information that was posted by Murthy.com -

"Question Three : I heard there was an "unofficial" freeze on the processing of labor certifications filed using the RIR process. What is this all about?

Answer : There is not a complete freeze, but there is a slowdown in processing RIR cases. Also, more cases are being denied RIR processing. Therefore, they must process via the "regular" route, which generally means more advertising and longer lines. This is all the result of the current economy and widespread layoffs in certain industries. The Department of Labor is highly skeptical that there are shortages of U.S. workers for many positions. They will not allow cases to proceed as RIR in non-shortage positions."

Scary, huh?

Anyway, does anybody know what positions are considered to be "non-shortage positions" now (in michigan)?

Thanks in advance!

Any Update on MI SESA RIR cases approvals ( review) ?. I spoke to my attorney and he says yes, there is a slowdown and they have not received any approvals this year.

Sunny27

Wage Debate

Hello all:

This forum is a great resource and thank you all for it. My employer is getting ready to file for my Labor, and I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following issues:

1. To determine whether my wage is line with the DoL, which website should I be looking at? The Michigan website (http://www.michigan.gov/mdcd/1,1607,7-122-1678_2661---,00.html) or the DoL website (http://edc.dws.state.ut.us/owl.asp) Please note that the MI website has wages from 2000 whereas the DoL website has a 6th Jan 2003 update.

2. To make sure about the wage, what are potential hazards if my GC Labor Certification has a slightly different job classification as opposed to my H-1B classification? Is it an issue if they are slightly different?

I have the option of filing for my GC from Maryland or MI, although I work in the Metro Detroit area. I am leaning towards filing from MI because the wait is shorter although I am hearing rumors about RIR rejections (mine would be a RIR case too). Maryland on the other hand has a much longer wait but chances of rejections are less. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your invaluable advice.

finally moved

Thank you for the info cobra123, finally non-rir is at Nov 2000, well 11/17/2000 is my priority date. lets see how long is the road to Chicago from here(not literally) ! ! ! ! :) :)

Sreddy227.

Congrats

Thanks for the news cobra123.

That is great news !! After all the depressing things we have been hearing there is something positive to smile about :) !

All the best to everyone. Finally sreddy227 you may have reached the last and final round of MI SESA after an exhausting, long, tiring and test-your-patience run !

My PD is 03/05/2002, RIR, so I am hoping to hear something soon too. Will keep you guys posted.

Good luck,
sertra2002

My case forwarded to Chicago DOL !

Thanks nikunj7 for your good wishes. They seem to have worked fast, as I just learnt that my case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on 2/3/2003....yipee !! My PD was 3/5/2002, RIR / EB3.

All the best to you folks. Hope to see you ALL in Chicago DOL forum SOON !!!

Thanks all ,
sertra2002

Congrats Sertra, Your transfer gave me hope. My husbands company attorney's have not given us any information :-( He asked them on Thursday and the lady was not forthcoming. I wonder why some attorneys are so unapproachable! Sigh PD 2/21/2002 RIR/EB2

IBK

what is the status of at200

Hi At200,
What is status of your case ( 03/11/02) ? I am just behind you and have not heard anything. Can estimate based on status at your end.

Sunny27

status..

Hi Sunny,

I didn't hear anything from my lawyer. I will keep you posted as soon as i hear something.

-- at200

is there anyway to find out from MI SESA if a case has been forwarded to Chicago DOL ..without going thru lawyer etc..? has anyone tried that?

Ibukon:

My attorney is same as yours.Very rude and unapproachable.He says" You will be notified when your case is certified".Well he is hired by my company so i have no say.....

Call

If you have the Refrenece number of you case you can call MI, SESA at 313 456 3005 and find out the status.

The lady that answers asks if you are the lawyer or the employer of the applicant. Just make sure you say you are calling from the employer's company and want to know the status of the case, don't say you are the applicant yourself.

Also, I have found lawyers tend to be 'friendlier' and more forthcoming if contacted through email, so try going through that route instead of calling them.

All the best.

sertra2002

Please update

Hi,

I have a H1-B extension petition filed with the INS. I would greatly appreciate if anyone accessing this forum can post their filing/approval dates if they are in a similar situation. I have created a new thread under H visas - Nebraska Center tracker for this purpose.

Thanks

Good People,
The lawyer finally responded. Case sent to Chicago DOL 1/30/03, PD 2/21/2002 RIR EB2. Please add me to the tracker.

IBK

Congratulations

Congrats IBUKUN, good luck with rest of the process.
it's at200 turn this time, keep us posted.

Thanks,
Sreddy227.

Guys,

Any updates?

BTW, Does any body know what will be the priority date when a RIR application is rejected and treated as Non RIR? Does it retain the PD of the first RIR application?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.